The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 14 March 2017, 11:22 AM   #1
eluxton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Speedmaster
Rolex forum ad for a Turn O Graph

Good evening everyone. I have been looking for a near mint to mint condition, SS and gold Turn O Graph with an oyster bracelet and I found one today on our forum's classifieds. I spoke with the seller, BentleyReese (Michael) and he appears to be an open honest guy. He just has not had many transactions on our forum.

I am new to rolexes and I am trying to authenticate this watch. Michael has some very nice photos, which are posted in his ad, which I have linked below.

I have read enough of the posts here to know that some of you guys really know your stuff. I am serious about this watch and I would appreciate any help you might provide to me regarding the authenticity of the watch as well as the price.

Thank you!

Ernie

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...t=turn+o+graph
eluxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2017, 01:36 PM   #2
gonzo90
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay
Looks good to me. Price seems on the high side of retail.
gonzo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2017, 03:55 PM   #3
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Watch is fine I don't know the seller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14 March 2017, 05:35 PM   #4
MonBK
Banned

Pictures are too good.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2017, 07:13 PM   #5
yannis
"TRF" Member

Watch: maniac
Do a background check on the seller Ernie and get him to send some extra phone photos of the watch with a handwritten note with his name (although some can work miracles with photoshop you have an extra protection this way).

yannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2017, 09:56 PM   #6
Bob the brush
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1016 Explorer.
Turn o graphs are a great looking watch, I think the red second hand and red date wheel really set off the white dial to maximum effect. I bought one last month in SS as a change to my vintage explorer 1016 black dial, and I am really pleased, hope your purchase goes smoothly.
Bob the brush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2017, 12:48 AM   #7
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
I would ask for his references and cross check them well. He only accepts bank wire, so if something goes down you're not covered. With a wire once that money is gone, you will never see it again. On the other hand, you need to be prepared to have some reference also since you are new to the forum...
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2017, 11:53 AM   #8
eluxton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Speedmaster
I think Michael, the seller is probably a good guy, but I could never get comfortable with authentication of the watch, so I pulled the plug on this one and I will continue looking.
I appreciate everyone's advice. Thanks to all of you!
eluxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2017, 01:35 PM   #9
BentleyReese
"TRF" Member

Watch: YachtMaster 116622
Hummm....not sure why someone would think the pics are too Good? I take Hi Rez photos with a macro lens to capture everything on the watch scratches and all. This way the Buyer sees everything on the watch. The effort is painstaking and it's a way to be visible so no one feels they got taken advantage of. I took the pictures at angles that I myself as a buyer would want to see and rarely do you see the inside of the end links and it's markers

I only accept wire transfer because that is what has been suggested by the top sellers.

I bought the watch as a catch and release here on TRF. I even had the previous seller confirm that I bought the watch from Him...and Ernie was still skeptical (which is fine).

I also gave Ernie all my contact info, and he could google me and also gave him more pics of the watch. I offered to do a facetime with Ernie...because he didn't believe I was a real live person...so I am not sure who Ernie thought ...who or what he was talking to?

So to be clear...I highlighted that if he didn't feel comfortable...he shouldn't buy the watch. Spent over 2 hours on the phone with him over 2 days...which I was happy to do...but I don't think that this transaction was meant to be.
BentleyReese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2017, 02:05 PM   #10
tamiya
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentleyReese View Post
Hummm....not sure why someone would think the pics are too Good? I take Hi Rez photos with a macro lens to capture everything on the watch scratches and all. This way the Buyer sees everything on the watch. The effort is painstaking and it's a way to be visible so no one feels they got taken advantage of. I took the pictures at angles that I myself as a buyer would want to see and rarely do you see the inside of the end links and it's markers

I only accept wire transfer because that is what has been suggested by the top sellers.

I bought the watch as a catch and release here on TRF. I even had the previous seller confirm that I bought the watch from Him...and Ernie was still skeptical (which is fine).

I also gave Ernie all my contact info, and he could google me and also gave him more pics of the watch. I offered to do a facetime with Ernie...because he didn't believe I was a real live person...so I am not sure who Ernie thought ...who or what he was talking to?

So to be clear...I highlighted that if he didn't feel comfortable...he shouldn't buy the watch. Spent over 2 hours on the phone with him over 2 days...which I was happy to do...but I don't think that this transaction was meant to be.
If it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be. Swings both ways! If buyer was properly motivated he'd have made the personal effort to gain sufficient comfort, maybe even arrange a meeting in person. Less headache than selling to uncommitted tyrekickers who change their mind 2mins after buying then demanding unnecessary rectification.

Pics are prograde but expected if you're a experienced indy dealer.
tamiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2017, 07:01 PM   #11
s1im
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610ln
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentleyReese View Post
I can't comment on anything else..... but I like your pictures!
s1im is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2017, 10:24 PM   #12
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
The price is fine. Don’t know the seller.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote