The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 17 May 2008, 08:21 AM   #1
sayers

Watch: Submariner
Gray Market Rolex Service

I was wondering, If i purchase a rolex on the gray market, will i be able to get it services at a rolex service center, even if i pay?

I am not worried about the warranty, just that I will be able to have it serviced if I need to.

Thanks,

sayers
sayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2008, 09:32 AM   #2
redshirt1957
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue YM today!
YES! No worries if it's the real deal and I'm sure the grey you are dealing with is legit. I buy from greys all the time.
redshirt1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2008, 09:40 AM   #3
sayers

Oh, great, I was quite worried. I purchased my Rolex from Jomashop, I am not sure if you have heard of them. But I have always wanted a Rolex and I could just not go any longer without picking one up.

sayers.
Old 17 May 2008, 11:36 AM   #4
abigsecret
"TRF" Member

Watch: your back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshirt1957 View Post
YES! No worries if it's the real deal and I'm sure the grey you are dealing with is legit. I buy from greys all the time.
That's right, as long as it doesn't have any after-market parts (like diamond bezels and dial).

He who knows no foreign language does not know his own.-Goethe
abigsecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2008, 11:46 AM   #5
sayers

Thank you so much for the information.
Old 17 May 2008, 12:58 PM   #6
redshirt1957
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue YM today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by abigsecret View Post
That's right, as long as it doesn't have any after-market parts (like diamond bezels and dial).
M (aka ABS). Good point as I used to thing that "aftermarket parts" meant some kind of mysterious parts hidden within the case. Could be something as simple as the things you described above.
redshirt1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2008, 02:19 PM   #7
jands8916

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayers View Post
Oh, great, I was quite worried. I purchased my Rolex from Jomashop, I am not sure if you have heard of them. But I have always wanted a Rolex and I could just not go any longer without picking one up.

sayers.
Hello Sayers,
My experience may be very relavant for you and the large decision you are about to make. I've purchased a TAG Monaco from Jomashop after reading all of the online reviews I could get my mits on, like this fine site . Seeing favourable comments, I took the leap of faith. Days later as I opened the box, I was delighted that the Monaco seemed authentic (with all serial numbers and paperwork intact) and in pristine condition as promised. I took it to an AD watchmaker for resizing and that confirmed it for me. Thus, I'd recommend Jomashop for direct purchases.

Now regarding their service. I did something silly by bathing the watch in an ultrasonic cleaning solution which later stopped the automatic winding (though I could still manually wind it). So, I sent it back to Joma and they repaired it under their warranty. When I received the watch back from Joma, the movement worked and I praised the gods... but, I did notice that the case and bracelet were scratched and dinged more than when I sent it off. I am feeling that the watch was not repaired by TAG USA, but am happy that it is now useable.

So, as long as the watch performs as advertised, I'd purchase from Jomashop again... and use their 'warranty' service as a last resort. (ie. send your hurt rolly thru RUSA or Alan Furman for maintenance/repair first)

hope this helps!

cheers, J
jands8916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2008, 12:06 PM   #8
sayers

thanks for all the help and insight. I truly appreciate all of the help. Thanks again.
Old 18 May 2008, 12:15 PM   #9
sherwin
"TRF" Member

RSC will service ALL rolex regardless of origin. Just as stated no aftermarket parts, and if it is on the hot list, you may have some explaining to do.