The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 6 April 2022, 01:29 AM   #31
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I have a Speedmaster
I'll buy a Moonswatch for my little girl
It'll be her first watch
She'll have a watch "just like daddys"
When/if it breaks, I'll buy her another one if she liked it

Fast forward 20 years and what brand do you think she's going to have a connection too if/when she decides she wants a luxury watch?

All you guys that are put off by Swatch being "associated" with your precious Omega really need to worry less about what people think
If the magazine ads are to be believed, I think it will be Patek not Omega when the day comes, even with the priming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquarter View Post
I think your daughter is exactly the target demographic for this collaboration, and this collab has a good shot at achieving its objective of building Omega as an aspiration brand within this non-watch geek/young demographic.

The problem for Omega is this has blown up in ways which were unintended. The ferals queueing up, jostling, fighting, stampeding, spreading COVID, flipping (or at least attempting to) have deprived the target segment from getting the watch and also have made Omega/Swatch look bad in the process.
Another day, another drop. Ran into the queuing crowd for the Nike April drop. Much more well behaved there though! Almost makes me wonder if Swatch PR team planted trouble makers to make it more sensational!!! Conspiracy theorist in me says yes based on the low, low quantity they sent to stores despite press release saying plan was hundreds of thousands of units and to not worry about availability.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2022, 11:13 AM   #32
Polar Bear
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai PAM687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
Yes, they look ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I still see more on peoples wrists than i do Omegas
Taste is subjective
A watch so big its almost like it was designed to do lines of Coke off, might be a negative for me, but its a positive for some
Polar Bear is offline   Reply With Quote