The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 June 2022, 11:57 PM   #91
Carondelet
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King, 116900
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleP View Post
The power reserve on the GO SeaQ is 40 hours. The BB58 is 70 I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh ok! I wasn't aware, thank you for that information
Old 16 June 2022, 11:59 PM   #92
Innocenti
"TRF" Member

At some point i can see me swapping in a plexi and Rolex big crown
Innocenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2022, 12:03 AM   #93
krchrist
"TRF" Member

Watch: tbd
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_natural View Post
Definitely the first time I've ever heard this. Couldn't disagree more. Way better on me than my aforementioned 124060; that massive Glidelock is awful.
very interesting... after getting my 124060 about 18 months ago, i never want to have a watch w/o glidelock. my main watch prior that was a tudor ranger and, while great (i still own), it was shocking how much better the sub felt.

i have always been intrigued by the BB58, but have always felt they intentionally made it a little less good than it could be (for me its the faux rivets, just cant stand them) so as not to infringe too much on the sub
krchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2022, 12:39 AM   #94
Carondelet
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King, 116900
Quote:
Originally Posted by krchrist View Post
very interesting... after getting my 124060 about 18 months ago, i never want to have a watch w/o glidelock. my main watch prior that was a tudor ranger and, while great (i still own), it was shocking how much better the sub felt.

i have always been intrigued by the BB58, but have always felt they intentionally made it a little less good than it could be (for me its the faux rivets, just cant stand them) so as not to infringe too much on the sub
I think there's some of that, but on the flip side the Pelagos is kind of in betwen the Submariner and the Sea Dweller.

The BB58 Bronze though has the T-Fit clasp, which is the best of both worlds. Glidelock functionality without the Glidelock bulk. I'd like to see it on the other BB58 bracelets.

Oh - and the faux rivets - I don't know why the design choice was made to make something so potentially polarizing for something that they just simply didn't need to do. Love em or hate em, no one would've complained about standard bracelet flanks.

That being said, I'm in in the middle on the rivets. They do look good on the bronze model, they patina nicely and look kinda cool. On the SS they make me look away
Old 18 June 2022, 06:17 AM   #95
munichblue
"TRF" Member

There's nothing confounding about the BB58 Blue Navy. The only mysterious thing about this watch is that it is almost perfect and none of my Rolexes stand a chance against it since a few weeks.
munichblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2023, 01:10 PM   #96
bondmag
"TRF" Member

Watch: rolex explorer
BB58 and 2254

I have had the blue and the black BB58.
After a few weeks the blue was just sterile for me and the black had too much gilt. (which it was more black and white). On both I just couldn't adjust to the rivets on the bracelet. For me, they just didn't work no matter how much I wanted them to. So I moved them both on.

May I say, fabulous movements but the watches just weren't for me.

Oddly, I had a similar experience with the Omega 2254. A classic watch but on my wrist it just didn't seem to work for me.

Funny hobby we all enjoy here! Each to their own.
bondmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2023, 02:37 PM   #97
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
The BB58 is a really confounding mysterious watch to me

I have a Sub and a Seamaster, so I’m not in the market for one. But they always look really appealing to me when I see them in the display cases. Especially the blue dial variant on the bracelet.

Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2023, 03:38 PM   #98
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
I love my black dial version, but I’ve read it’s often flipped. Mine is a keeper. It’s a great design, perfect proportions, has a cool retro vibe, wears thinner than most divers, has an accurate in house movement. What’s not to like? A lot of folks hate the faux rivets, but they don’t bother me, at all.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2023, 10:22 PM   #99
Loevhagen
"TRF" Member

The Blue BB58 on the Ranger bracelet is a winner.

Loevhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2023, 11:07 PM   #100
illiguy
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loevhagen View Post

Incredible pictures!
illiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2023, 03:21 AM   #101
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
I picked up my BB 58 Blue mid 2021.

Since then its my most worn watch. By some margin and my Monday to Friday go to.

I don't love it in the way I do my 116509, my 126711 or my 16600, but I really appreciate it for :

1) great quality (even more so at the price point)
2) its size and relative slimness - it disappears on my wrist
3) its the most legible watch in my collection
4) its super accurate
5) the 70 hr power reserve means I can stick it in the box Friday and throw it on Monday when I'm enevitably running late
6) I do love the modern take on a 5 digit sub vibe
7) I like the rivets and the lack of crown guards
8) I'm a fan of the clasp with its ceramic ball bearing click points
9) I can wear it anywhere at anytime with anything for any activity without concern

I should say that my wrist size and shape allowed for a perfect fit and placement out of the box, which I know is an issue for many due to the specific design and lack of articulation between the clasp and the adjacent link on the 6 o'clock side.

I should also say that the OG didn't appeal the way the blue did.

So for me its not a watch I love, but its a watch I really like and appreciate for what it offers me and the only watch I'd consider replacing it with would be the BB Pro.

When I picked it up I posted that my favourite Rolex (to that point) was in fact not a Rolex but the BB58. That's no longer the case but only because of the watches aquired subsequently

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2023, 03:33 AM   #102
NachoNeal
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the river flow
One day I predict that I will own a BB58 or a BB54.
Old 28 October 2023, 10:27 AM   #103
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoNeal View Post
One day I predict that I will own a BB58 or a BB54.

I considered trading my 58 for the new 54, but in the end, decided the 54 was a smaller slightly boring version of the 58. The design cues they changed did not improve the looks. I do wish I had the new bracelet, on my 58! But, I was able to get an excellent fit, with a few tweaks.

Kat

KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2023, 12:10 PM   #104
mdwsta4
"TRF" Member

Fantastic photos! I’m patiently waiting for Tudor to release a blue version of the Pelagos 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loevhagen View Post
mdwsta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2023, 01:24 PM   #105
xjeeunitx
2024 Pledge Member

Quality watch for the price but never got the wrist time. Over the years, I've bought and resold numerous times. This applied for the entire BB line up.
Old 29 October 2023, 01:12 AM   #106
Lesnerelli23
"TRF" Member

I have both the black and blue.

I’ve realized lately that I don’t love the brushing. It’s almost satin. I like the brushing much more on my 116610. I wish the lugs were just a little wider. Lastly, particularly for the black, I do have days where I’m just not feeling all the gilt, other days I’m completely enamored with it.

All that said, I won’t part with either one because more often than not I really enjoy them both. And this is why we’re collectors right? There’s things I like and things I don’t like about every watch I own. My “perfect watch” does not exist lol

Lesnerelli23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2023, 01:18 AM   #107
Nads786
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesnerelli23 View Post
I have both the black and blue.

I’ve realized lately that I don’t love the brushing. It’s almost satin. I like the brushing much more on my 116610. I wish the lugs were just a little wider. Lastly, particularly for the black, I do have days where I’m just not feeling all the gilt, other days I’m completely enamored with it.

All that said, I won’t part with either one because more often than not I really enjoy them both. And this is why we’re collectors right? There’s things I like and things I don’t like about every watch I own. My “perfect watch” does not exist lol

I’m in the same boat with you regarding the gilt. Most days I love it but sometimes it makes it hard to see the dial and time as clearly as I would like.

I would say the same with the brownish dial, the contrast just isn’t there.

But all in all I think it’s going to be a great complement to a stark glossy black sub.

Nads786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2023, 12:12 PM   #108
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
This is why I got bb58 .925. Different. Don’t see em. Great pm. Open case back

GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2023, 12:25 PM   #109
Thewatchfactor
Banned

It seems you don't like it, if that's the case you should discard it.
Thewatchfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2023, 06:34 PM   #110
DarthSimon
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD.Daytona.SD.Subs
Do you currently own a few Rolex watches?? What else is in your collection?

DarthSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2023, 06:53 PM   #111
Xky
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dark knight View Post
I picked up my first one about a year ago, the blue dial. On paper AND on wrist, it was an amazing watch. Amazing proportions, 39mm size and thickness is JUST right. Comfortable, nice modern movement with great accuracy and PR.

But after a while I wasn't really wearing it much, and I couldn't really figure out why I didn't like it more than I did. It maybe the only watch I've ever owned where I felt that way, other watches I can articulate something I don't like or a deal breaking feature. Couldn't do it with the BB58, but something just left me cold. I ended up selling it.

But I kept thinking about the watch, so about a month ago I picked up the "OG" black/gilt version, thinking maybe it was the blue dial of my first that I wasn't bonding with. But I'm kind of having the same issues. It's not making its way on to my wrist as much as I think it should, and I honestly can't figure out why.

It's not the whole "should have gotten a Sub" thing, as I've owned both 5 and 6 digit Subs in the past. Definitely not the faux rivets, they don't bother me at all.

I guess the watch and design can be a bit "boring" or "sterile", but that's not it either. I've owned plain 3-handers that I've really enjoyed in the past like the Explorer I.

I guess this sometimes happens with watches, but honestly this is the first one. By all accounts the BB58 should be one of my all-time favorite watches, but it's not.

Ever have a similar feeling about a watch?

This is an interesting video that may help you along with your thinking about your watch.

https://youtu.be/C9tuCZAYPUA?si=3f-CBpKgbkK-SsCA

Xky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2023, 07:14 PM   #112
winst
"TRF" Member

The BB58 is a really confounding mysterious watch to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
I picked up my BB 58 Blue mid 2021.

Since then its my most worn watch. By some margin and my Monday to Friday go to.

I don't love it in the way I do my 116509, my 126711 or my 16600, but I really appreciate it for :

1) great quality (even more so at the price point)

2) its size and relative slimness - it disappears on my wrist

3) its the most legible watch in my collection

4) its super accurate

5) the 70 hr power reserve means I can stick it in the box Friday and throw it on Monday when I'm enevitably running late

6) I do love the modern take on a 5 digit sub vibe

7) I like the rivets and the lack of crown guards

8) I'm a fan of the clasp with its ceramic ball bearing click points

9) I can wear it anywhere at anytime with anything for any activity without concern

I should say that my wrist size and shape allowed for a perfect fit and placement out of the box, which I know is an issue for many due to the specific design and lack of articulation between the clasp and the adjacent link on the 6 o'clock side.

I should also say that the OG didn't appeal the way the blue did.

So for me its not a watch I love, but its a watch I really like and appreciate for what it offers me and the only watch I'd consider replacing it with would be the BB Pro.

When I picked it up I posted that my favourite Rolex (to that point) was in fact not a Rolex but the BB58. That's no longer the case but only because of the watches aquired subsequently

You’ve summarised how I feel pretty much spot on. I va the BB58 Navy Blue which I like but it doesn’t get much wrist time. When I do wear it, I appreciate it but just think it’s a nice watch. Now my BB Pro is a different matter. I bought it on bracelet which is excellent with the T-fit clasp, but after messing about with several different reasonably priced strap options have settled on a Crafter Blue 20mm Universal which has took it up a notch in terms of comfort and reducing the weight.

If I had to pick between the two, I think you are right, I would pick the BB Pro every time. So, Even though I’ve had the BB58 for nearly 3 years now, if I find another vintage Rolex 6426 or 6694 that takes my fancy I think I will be selling the BB58 to fund it. I’ve got to say though, it really is an excellent quality timepiece.

winst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2023, 08:47 PM   #113
Colorado_kid
2024 Pledge Member

I cherish my BB58. Been around the world with me multiple times. It’s my daily “beater” if that’s fair to say. It’s my workout watch. I take it fishing, camping, work on house projects with it … etc.
But I know it’s not for everyone. I personally love the warmness of the gilt and the slightly faded dial. And of course the little pop of red triangle.

When I put on my GMT Master ii or Sub, I can immediately feel the difference. But that doesn’t mean the Tudor is insufficient. Just different.

Colorado_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2023, 12:34 AM   #114
NachoNeal
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the river flow
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
I considered trading my 58 for the new 54, but in the end, decided the 54 was a smaller slightly boring version of the 58. The design cues they changed did not improve the looks. I do wish I had the new bracelet, on my 58! But, I was able to get an excellent fit, with a few tweaks.

Kat

The bracelet is superior on the 54, to be sure. But I love that pop of red on the 58.