The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 2 November 2023, 10:37 PM   #31
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Great looking watch.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2023, 11:37 AM   #32
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
The protrusion of the caseback is honestly more of a concern for me than overall thickness which is probably why it bothered me a touch. Not enough to be a concern but if felt like it was sitting proud of my wrist all the time. I actually sold my longtime daily a Rolex SDc 40mm for the same reason. Thickness below the watch is much more detrimental to comfort for me than a tall crystal etc I like a flat bottom!

This is all very much minutia and it’s not a significant enough issue to stop anyone from buying one imho. It’s still a relatively tight package at 13.7mm vs 12.4 for a Daytona.
Old 3 November 2023, 12:34 PM   #33
Mach
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
That's correct. Premium is now low enough to buy IMO (under $20k).

I'm struggling with the thickness / side view. Love everything else about it. In general I wish Omega made their watches thinner. Planet ocean 600m at 12 mm for example would never come off my wrist. I'd swear off Rolex SS for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
The protrusion of the caseback is honestly more of a concern for me than overall thickness which is probably why it bothered me a touch. Not enough to be a concern but if felt like it was sitting proud of my wrist all the time.
I'll add my perspective, Brad and GB-man. Looking at the 'numbers' and not having seen one in the flesh prior to ordering, I was a little anxious about the thickness as well as the caseback protrusion. But I'm quite please how it appears 'visually' on my wrist as Brian mentioned. Additionally, it still sits flesh on my wrist despite the protruding caseback. You don't see any gaps between the bottom of the lugs and the top of my wrist:

I would also not that these dimensions are identical to the original. Unfortunately, I don't have the confidence or patience to collect vintage pieces. So, I have quite a few reissue pieces in my collection and appreciate when the dimensions are maintained. Then, you also have the benefit of a modern movement and no need to be 'careful' with the watch; you can wear it!

I was also a slightly anxious about the additional case thickness and the animated caseback of my latest acquisition, the Seamaster James Bond 60th Anniversary:

The 'numbers' don't always accurately predict how a watch will wear or 'visually appear' on one's wrist. But it sure would be nice if one could try one on before ordering their watch!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2023, 01:26 PM   #34
Sauzo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Snoopy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
The protrusion of the caseback is honestly more of a concern for me than overall thickness which is probably why it bothered me a touch. Not enough to be a concern but if felt like it was sitting proud of my wrist all the time. I actually sold my longtime daily a Rolex SDc 40mm for the same reason. Thickness below the watch is much more detrimental to comfort for me than a tall crystal etc I like a flat bottom!

This is all very much minutia and it’s not a significant enough issue to stop anyone from buying one imho. It’s still a relatively tight package at 13.7mm vs 12.4 for a Daytona.
For me, the case back sinks into my wrist so it wears pretty flat. I know what you mean about a sea dweller. I sold mine as well because it just didn’t sit flat.
Sauzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2023, 09:42 PM   #35
lmcgbaj
"TRF" Member

Watch: es are FUN!!!
I have not tried the 321 but I have the ck2998 which is a very similar dimension. As long as you wear it on leather tight above the wrist bone it wears beautifully. On bracelet and without any on the fly adjustments I can see how it would not be the best fit for smaller wrists. With that said, I still want one badly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 3 November 2023, 09:45 PM   #36
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Speedmaster “Ed White” 321 (Modern) - Production

Agreed about trying them on. 10 years ago I would just go to to NY or Miami and try everything on in store. Lately I buy first and try on later lol
Old 6 November 2023, 05:37 AM   #37
PTCDAD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logo View Post
Unless your OB serves a population zone of >100M, the likelihood of 2 Ed Whites per month is near zero. I have not heard anywhere close to those numbers from any other OB. Probably just coincidence they arrived during the SAs first few months.

You’re probably right. Although it is the only official OB for several states, so it has a service area population of 20+ million.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PTCDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2023, 10:22 AM   #38
illiguy

This info is helpful. Hoping to see some incomings this Holiday season.
illiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2023, 01:17 AM   #39
Spartan2009
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
I'm going to disagree with this. The Houston boutique received around 30-35 Snoopy's since release. They've received 5 Ed Whites since the EW 321 was released.
When i seriously discussed acquiring a 321 with the boutique around 5 months ago I was given the impression that it might be possible to get allocated a 321 by the end of the year and a snoopy next year. Now that order has flipped. Last conversation I had with the OB that the snoopy will come first. I also got the impression that the snoopy will be discontinued next year.
Spartan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2023, 05:18 AM   #40
Sauzo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan2009 View Post
When i seriously discussed acquiring a 321 with the boutique around 5 months ago I was given the impression that it might be possible to get allocated a 321 by the end of the year and a snoopy next year. Now that order has flipped. Last conversation I had with the OB that the snoopy will come first. I also got the impression that the snoopy will be discontinued next year.
I got my 321 first and then my Snoopy about 3 months later. I think Snoopy will be done next year sometime too. My OB told me they got a memo to get their Snoopy list in order as production will cease in the near future.
Old 27 November 2023, 10:32 AM   #41
illiguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan2009 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
I got my 321 first and then my Snoopy about 3 months later. I think Snoopy will be done next year sometime too. My OB told me they got a memo to get their Snoopy list in order as production will cease in the near future.
Do we think the 321 EW will be phased out?
Old 27 November 2023, 11:21 AM   #42
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiguy View Post

Let’s hope not it’s by far their best watch. That would be a huge mistake.
Old 27 November 2023, 11:58 AM   #43
Spartan2009
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The SS version is not considered a limited edition by Omega and there is no plan to stop production from what I understand. The precious metal versions will be naturally limited to the amount of meteorite that is available. From what I understand these are very special non-ferrous meteorites and those are not very common.

Disclaimer: This is my personal theory on the production of the 321. I think Omega regulates the production of the caliber based on the overall economic conditions. I would not be surprised if they produce under 1000 movements in 2024 if current economic headwinds persist.
Spartan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2023, 04:17 PM   #44
Sauzo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
From what my OB thinks, no, it will continue on. The Snoopy’s days are probably numbered. They got a memo saying get your Snoopy list in order as production will be wrapping up. That is the most Omega mothership will say. The OB is guessing probably sometime next year.
Old 28 November 2023, 04:32 PM   #45
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
The EW will probably be phased out eventually but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
texasmade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2023, 09:13 AM   #46
Sothy
"TRF" Member

It’s a beautiful watch! Even if it’s only 100 per year, I hope that it never goes out of production. Like many, I’m on a wait-list, but odds are low…
Sothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2023, 05:23 PM   #47
Dr.Stu
2024 Pledge Member

Got my Snoopy from my wonderful OB last year & just had the opportunity to try on the Ed White - first time! It really is a special piece, & maybe it took me a while to appreciate exactly how much so- having several Moonwatch variants already- but the piece is really elegant and the vintagy 19 mm lug spacing leads to a very elegant bracelet and stance on the wrist. On the list & hoping!
Old 1 December 2023, 10:09 PM   #48
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Stu View Post
Got my Snoopy from my wonderful OB last year & just had the opportunity to try on the Ed White - first time! It really is a special piece, & maybe it took me a while to appreciate exactly how much so- having several Moonwatch variants already- but the piece is really elegant and the vintagy 19 mm lug spacing leads to a very elegant bracelet and stance on the wrist. On the list & hoping!
Hope you land one soon
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2023, 10:40 AM   #49
illiguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Stu View Post
Did the OB give you any timetable or clues as to production/how many they see per year?
Old 14 December 2023, 04:44 PM   #50
Dr.Stu
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Did the OB give you any timetable or clues as to production/how many they see per year?
They did not. But I have a very good history with them & they said they'd let me know when they have one for me. I know it might be a while, so it will be a pleasant surprise whenever it does come!