The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Grand Seiko & Seiko Discussion Forum

Old 12 May 2019, 09:23 PM   #1
J513bird
"TRF" Member

Seiko Repair in Tokyo

Hey friends! I’m headed to Tokyo in a few hours and was thinking to drop off my Pogue for a service (overhaul, likely). Does anyone know a good provider? Preferably by the high speed rail station.

Thanks!

Jonathan
J513bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2019, 11:00 PM   #2
bondtoys
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750
How long are you staying in Japan?

Cleaning and properly regulating your watch will take at least 10 days. Anything else is just a shallow job.
bondtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2019, 11:26 PM   #3
J513bird
"TRF" Member

I travel globally for work. I’ll drop it off in a few hours then be back in June to pick it up. No rush. Understand the timing required so just looking for recommendations. I value thoroughness over timeliness. Know if any good shops?
Old 13 May 2019, 12:15 AM   #4
bondtoys
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750
I have no recommendations, but keep in mind, that Japan is not a cheap country.
bondtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2019, 09:17 AM   #5
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
It's not expensive either, with the yen so weak for the last few years. I go several times a year and always feel my money goes a lot further than it does in Europe, for hotels, food, transport, etc. That said, I don't know any Tokyo watchmakers or their pricing
Old 13 May 2019, 01:29 PM   #6
J513bird
"TRF" Member

Seiko Overhaul in Tokyo

Thanks both. I come to Japan frequently and greater Asia more so, so I'm comfortable with the exchange rates and general costs. I also got a decent deal on the Pogue so I'm willing to lean in on price to get it properly serviced.

I found a few locations and articles on a google search. I land soon and should have a few hours available to stop by at least one of them.

Stay tuned.
Old 13 May 2019, 02:44 PM   #7
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
If you ever get to HK, I've had quite a few vintage grand seikos serviced here by Michael Young's Classic Watch Repair. Cost is around $200 and good work, watches all come back after about a month running strong and true. You can send in or get returns by mail, too.
Old 15 May 2019, 12:44 PM   #8
J513bird
"TRF" Member

Hello all! I have returned from my Japanese adventure. I had a few hours on Tuesday afternoon so I stopped at a SEIKO boutique with a full repair center. Unfortunately SEIKO no longer supports repairs or maintenance of pieces that old, and since they are official they can not refer me to an aftermarket shop. I’ll be back in June and will try some other spots I found online.

Unless someone replies with a good recommendation.
Old 7 July 2019, 04:35 PM   #9
J513bird
"TRF" Member

Hey guys, sitting at Narita heading back to USA. Stopped by 3 different shops in Tokyo, finally found a repair shop with access to Seiko OEM. Opened it up and saw the balance wheel was out of tune. Also said he can replace the pushers and overhaul for a decent price. I left it with him and will have results in 3 weeks. I’ll let you know how it goes!

ジュリエット日本橋店 (AKA Juliet)
Japan, 〒103-0014 Tōkyō-to, Chūō-ku, Nihonbashikakigarachō, 2-chōme−14, 東京都中央区日本橋 蛎殻町2−14−5
116610 Hulk Submariner
16013 DateJust
Old 7 July 2019, 04:39 PM   #10
J513bird
"TRF" Member

Damn, I didn’t see your post. I’m in HK all the time and even stopped by a shop in Causeway Bay that said he would clean it but couldn’t give me a full overhaul due to access to parts.

Funny thing is I have a Rolex DJ that previous owner had serviced by MY. I recall he also repairs bracelet stretch. Can’t believe I didn’t think to stop by his shop.

Any other recommendations for HK? I’m there monthly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
If you ever get to HK, I've had quite a few vintage grand seikos serviced here by Michael Young's Classic Watch Repair. Cost is around $200 and good work, watches all come back after about a month running strong and true. You can send in or get returns by mail, too.
116610 Hulk Submariner
16013 DateJust