The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 December 2021, 01:14 PM   #31
Timetracker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnpina View Post
My humble 214270 likes to stay on the stainless bracelet.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Mine does as well
Timetracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2021, 06:17 PM   #32
Daniel23456
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew P View Post
I did….. just picked up the new 36mm explorer a couple of weeks ago.
I’m completely sold on the smaller size.
Love the gloss dial, increase power reserve and AR coating. It’s a dressier watch but still has a sporty feel. The dial size is the major difference….. this one just feels better on my wrist and more of what I was looking for when I fell in love with the classic 36mm vintage explorer. The 39mm MKII always looked better to me on wrist than the original explorer…… some how the new 19mm lug width allows the smaller explorer to wear bigger to me , even if it takes away the 20mm strap monster ability if the mk II .

Sent from two turn tables and a microphone
Huge congrats buddy!

We always need to remember that the “smaller size” is just a sub without a bezel, it’s just a GMT without the bezel… Rolex nailed that dial size a long time ago. I have been enjoying a 114270 for years along side an Explorer ii 16570 & Sub 16610 and now enjoy the 124270 along side a Sea dweller 16660. Surprisingly, the Explorer doesn’t feel smaller than my Seadweller because the Explorer’s dial actually measures 0.5mm bigger.

Enjoy it and wear it in good health!
Daniel23456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2021, 10:51 PM   #33
stevecv
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel23456 View Post
Huge congrats buddy!

We always need to remember that the “smaller size” is just a sub without a bezel, it’s just a GMT without the bezel… Rolex nailed that dial size a long time ago. I have been enjoying a 114270 for years along side an Explorer ii 16570 & Sub 16610 and now enjoy the 124270 along side a Sea dweller 16660. Surprisingly, the Explorer doesn’t feel smaller than my Seadweller because the Explorer’s dial actually measures 0.5mm bigger.

Enjoy it and wear it in good health!
This is exactly correct and I think many don't realize its all about dial size. Especially true when it's a time only watch.
stevecv is offline   Reply With Quote