The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 8 August 2018, 06:00 AM   #1
steffe
"TRF" Member

Icon5 Bracelet for 15189st?

Hello TRF!

This is my first thread on this forum, although I have visited the site as a guest for some years now.

I am sorry if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find it when I searched the forum.

I am a proud owner of an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak ref 15189ST.00.D083CU.01 a.k.a "Pitcet & Cie". I absolutely love my watch, but I am now interested in purchasing a steel bracelet for it.

I have e-mailed my AD and Audemars Piguet but does not get an answer if this is possible since the watch was delivered on a leather strap. I believe the case is the same as 14790st, but not completely sure. Would that bracelet work?

And this way: I prefer not going, but if AP can't offer an original bracelet, is there a good aftermarket alternative (please read good).

Thanks in advance!
steffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2018, 06:59 AM   #2
PJ S
Banned

Lack of reply from AP is not unexpected – the country is effectively on holiday.
No-one does an official ‘aftermarket’ bracelet, but I’d be highly surprised if the 14790’s didn’t fit it perfectly.
If you need an answer pronto, then try contacting the London APSC. I presume if they or the watch repairers don’t know for sure, they’ll get an answer from the skeleton staff still in Le Brassus.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2018, 07:23 AM   #3
steffe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
Lack of reply from AP is not unexpected – the country is effectively on holiday.
No-one does an official ‘aftermarket’ bracelet, but I’d be highly surprised if the 14790’s didn’t fit it perfectly.
If you need an answer pronto, then try contacting the London APSC. I presume if they or the watch repairers don’t know for sure, they’ll get an answer from the skeleton staff still in Le Brassus.
Haha, some well deserved holiday is alright

I know, sorry for not being clear. I want an original bracelet from AP, but if they can't offer that, I might look at aftermarket alternatives.

Nice! Thanks a lot for the tip!
Old 13 August 2018, 11:01 PM   #4
steffe
"TRF" Member

Just got an answer from my AD. Unfortunately AP cannot offer a bracelet for this model. Kind of sad. Might try an 14790st bracelet though.
Old 14 August 2018, 12:26 AM   #5
PJ S
Banned

London is finding out for sure, given your piece being older may mean the checker used isn’t as up to date as it could be.
Old 15 August 2018, 09:34 PM   #6
PJ S
Banned

London got back to me – your AD was correct. Only leather straps, no bracelet option.
Old 12 January 2019, 03:30 AM   #7
steffe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
London got back to me – your AD was correct. Only leather straps, no bracelet option.
Sorry for the very late reply. Had forgotten about this since I bought a nice Tudor. Really aprecciated that you took your time to ask London AD!
Old 12 January 2019, 03:30 AM   #8
steffe
"TRF" Member

Is it complete suicide to buy an aftermarket alternative since my hands with original bracelet are tied?

For example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bracelet-fo...Olt:rk:10:pf:0
Old 12 January 2019, 03:46 AM   #9
Kjp061987
Banned

Watch: PAM512
At the risk of sounding like a complete snob, I wouldn’t let anything of the quality/construction that would justify a €49 price tag anywhere near an AP. I would stick with the strap. Your watch looks beautiful as is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kjp061987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2019, 03:12 AM   #10
steffe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjp061987 View Post
At the risk of sounding like a complete snob, I wouldn’t let anything of the quality/construction that would justify a €49 price tag anywhere near an AP. I would stick with the strap. Your watch looks beautiful as is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I actuallly came to the same conclusion
Old 24 February 2020, 08:01 AM   #11
shizhongchengjie
"TRF" Member

Hi, do you know whether the bracelet of 37mm RO like 15450st, can be used on it?
shizhongchengjie is offline   Reply With Quote