The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 15 September 2018, 01:19 PM   #1
SUPERDOC
"TRF" Member

Excitement turns to temporary hesitation... 26331st Blue..

I need some input from the more insightful amoung us... or those who just want to stir the shit...

I had set the 26331st blue in my crosshairs - saw the black reverse panda, and loved it, and although I have never seen the blue in person, I know how I feel about blue dials, and I have a 15400or blue, and love the richness of the colour, and know I will love it most in blue...

so I have the deposit down, and am told mine wil come at the latest November...

so my problem is this: a sudden realization that this model is one of the last to not feature the fully in-house movement, and not have a display back...

how likely is it that a new model, with display back is presented at SIHH?

I would think very likely... which begs the follow up question.. what would it do to the current model's value?
would the inevidable price increase be worth it?

given that the arrival date would be that close to SIHH (only 2 months) , how many would recommend leaving my deposit to ride, and applying it to the new generation.. if it comes?

best case scenario... they don't chnage the 26331 (for at least a few years) ... and I get it sooner...

worst case scenario, I get something that is indistinguishable from the new one, but having a gnawing thought of having bought "yesterday's newspaper"...

with AP's new boutique and on-line appraoch, I would assume that from a value retention perspective, it should be safe enough, especially if the new model brings with it a significant rise in price...

please offer advice/input/insight... or just screw with me...
Old 15 September 2018, 09:00 PM   #2
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
As this is so close to SIHH I would just wait, I had a similar thing with the DD2 transition to the 40, it just didn't feel the same and I soon traded my RG DD2 for a RG Nautilus, altho I probably would have anyway as that came out at the same time.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2018, 09:13 PM   #3
PJ S
Banned

Whilst SIHH is in January, you won’t get your mitts on any pieces released until well into the year. You can still wear and enjoy your 26331 for a few years (5 yr warranty, which is fully transferable to the next owner), before opting for whatever in-house chrono MIGHT appear in 2019, in a RO case – there’s absolutely no guarantees whatsoever that it will.
Unless they’ve been busy stockpiling the new movement, then it could see the light of day inside a Millenary or any other new line to be introduced, first.

Buy what you like, wear the heck out of it, enjoy it, move it along when you tire of it – rinse and repeat!
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2018, 09:20 PM   #4
ragsk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
As this is so close to SIHH I would just wait, I had a similar thing with the DD2 transition to the 40, it just didn't feel the same and I soon traded my RG DD2 for a RG Nautilus, altho I probably would have anyway as that came out at the same time.
Isnt the DD2 the more desirable one?
ragsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2018, 12:54 AM   #5
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Chances are
1) the SIHH 2019 pieces will not be out for a while even after announced.
2) The price could be substantially higher for 1st inhouse chrono movement
3) The movement will be new and untested, unlike the F.Piguet movement in the current ROCs which have been around for a while.

If you love the watch, you should just go ahead. If you wait for SIHH 2019 new ROCs with inhouse movement, 2020 SIHH will be around the corner.
Old 16 September 2018, 01:13 AM   #6
tonupbklyn
"TRF" Member

i realize ur commentary is more about waiting for the new models - however, could i recommend u strongly consider the white panda version rather than the blue, given u already have a blue 15400OR.

even though ur looking at a steel version of the ROC, i think you're going to find these 2 too overlapping due to size similarly and same dial color.
ur rotation would be far more interesting and diverse with the white panda dial, imho.
tonupbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2018, 01:16 AM   #7
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragsk View Post
Isnt the DD2 the more desirable one?
Well it is perhaps a better size for a 7 inch plus wrist, but the 40 has a better balanced bezel size, and some other movement, power reserve and bracelet updates.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2018, 02:31 AM   #8
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Life’s to short to always be waiting for the next best thing!

You’ll never get to enjoy the watch, buy what you like when you like it..

Yes a new ROC is on the cards but as to when who knows, we know AP have developed an fully in-house movement but we also know they are about to revamp and release a new JA range so in my mind they with hold off the ROC update or even use the new JA to launch the movement before filtering into the ROC.

Anyways what’s to say if they do a new ROC you would even like it?!
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote