The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 11 October 2017, 09:17 PM   #31
Racerdj
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Patek-Philippe
Your future value projections may not be far off! Take a look at the unloved at introduction, the 5976.
Great plan!
Old 12 October 2017, 11:12 AM   #32
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
My AD had told me that they have not received any in yet. I'm not entirely sure where I'm at in the list but I'm sure it will be a while. I am next for a 5712 though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 13 October 2017, 01:14 PM   #33
Bro Watch
"TRF" Member

I would like to get one but unfortunately I am not a past customer of Patek Philippe. But if somebody on this site gets the 5522a and wants to resell it I would be happy to pay a little over retail.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Bro Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 10:38 AM   #34
macct
"TRF" Member

Just received mine

This my first forum post here, albeit I have been an avid watch enthusiast and was posting on a different forum for years. With the release of the 5522, this forum really grabbed my attention, being much more active than other sites.

Simply, I inquired with my AD when the watch was released, but I didn’t want get my hopes up. My AD of 15 plus years, however, was more optimistic, saying it looked good and it should show up before January. Without further ado, I received the call during the week and picked up the 5522 this morning. I owe my AD a huge “thank you”. While a good customer, I am not a “big spender”.

In terms of the watch, it was more impressive in person than in photos. The size is ideal for me and the arabics really pop. I also like the short lugs and thin case. It wears really well (lug length around 50mm). I think my only negative is the display back. IMO, it would have been even nicer with an engraved backing. Overall, it comes across as Patek’s take on a classic pilot watch, being dressier than the norm.

I know some have complained about the too empty dial. That is the nature of a pilot watch. I also really like the design of the Zenith models, but the 40mm version with the Elite movement is too small and the 45mm models are too big. I also like older GO’s, but not enough to own one, finding the big date was not appropriate and the “B” dial too busy for my taste. I also looked at the new Senator version, but found it looked much nicer in photos than in person. IMO, Patek hit the mark.

For those still waiting, I hope you are just as fortunate and enjoy it when it comes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1310.JPG (115.6 KB, 159 views)
macct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 11:38 AM   #35
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by UmichNJ View Post
My 5522 just arrived at my AD. I think there have been at least two waves at this AD already (large NYC dealer). I’m out-of-town until next week, so no incoming until then.
I would not wait. Buy it today. They are 3X used.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2017, 10:08 AM   #36
Bro Watch
"TRF" Member

Nice watch! I do believe it's my Grail watch. If you guys decide to sell it I would be willing to pay retail and also I have a 50th Anniversary Sea-Dweller I would give as well.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Bro Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2017, 10:49 AM   #37
key
"TRF" Member

Is anyone else still waiting for this piece? My AD told me that they submitted my name and are waiting to hear back from Patek, but it just seems odd that it takes so long for them to respond.
key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2017, 11:22 AM   #38
macct
"TRF" Member

I just received mine and I was also told it could be January. My AD also said it was only the 2nd one they received so far and they are still waiting on others. I am sure others are still waiting.
macct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2017, 12:25 PM   #39
Joshlmill
"TRF" Member

I received mine a few weeks ago, but they did confirm I would receive one a couple of months before. They also mentioned that their whole allocation came in at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Joshlmill is offline   Reply With Quote