The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 January 2015, 03:32 AM   #1
Abdon
"TRF" Member

Watch: All I can!
Watch stores in New Orleans?

Here for the weekend, celebrating my birthday....any good watch stores? Boutiques?

SS Sub 16610, 5513 meters first Sub, Tag Heuer Autavia (2003),Seiko Orange Monster, Seiko Turtle, Breitling Superocean
Abdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2015, 04:43 AM   #2
b06tmm
"TRF" Member

Other than Adler's (AD) on Canal Street I can only think of The Clock and Watch Shop on Gravier.

Also check out Cohen's Rare Antiques on Royal, in the Quarter. There are a bunch of antique stores in that area and also on Magazine.

Happy birthday and have a good time, but please be careful.
Old 18 January 2015, 04:53 AM   #3
BoomerSooner
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
I was there this last week and saw JACK SUTTON jewelry advertise Rolex but I am not sure if it was preowned or an AD. I believe it was Canal and Royal street.

Have fun and be safe.
BoomerSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2015, 07:43 AM   #4
b06tmm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSooner View Post
I was there this last week and saw JACK SUTTON jewelry advertise Rolex but I am not sure if it was preowned or an AD. I believe it was Canal and Royal street.

Have fun and be safe.
To my knowledge the only authorized AD is Adler's in NO proper. There's Lee Micheal's and Acouin Hart in Metairie, but one is in a mall and neither had the exotic ones like the BLRO to try on when I was last there.
Old 18 January 2015, 07:48 AM   #5
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Agree with above...Alders is a very nice shop and it's just on the edge of the quarter. Been visiting them for many years, although I have never purchased there.
Old 18 January 2015, 08:06 AM   #6
b06tmm
"TRF" Member

Neat story about The Clock and Watch Shop...

When I inherited my Grandfather's pocket watch, I brought it there for an appraisal. The watchmaker there said "since it's gold filled, it's only worth $350."

BUT...

He wanted to buy it because his mentor had serviced the watch sometime in the 40s, and was signed on the inside by him.

Here is the watch:

How could I tell the guy that my Grandmother promised to haunt me 'till the end of my days if I ever hocked it!

Oh, almost forgot. The Monteleone hotel used to have kick-ass clocks around the whole place, vintage Black Forest kind of stuff. Haven't been there since the 80s so not sure if it's still the same.

Last edited by b06tmm; 18 January 2015 at 08:18 AM.. Reason: Oh, almost forgot...
b06tmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2015, 09:24 AM   #7
RHIII

Watch: AP/Rolex/PP
I grew up there and all most of my watches (as well as my family's watches and jewelry) came from Adler's. The onl store though thy has Rolex and fine watches is on Canal st. The one in lakeside mall no longer carries them as they have a Lee Michael's there.

Lee Michael's has a HUGE selection - BUT it's kinda like a car dealership in my opinion. But the people are nice. Last time I was there they had 2 166520s in the case (both dials) and a BLNR..you'll have LOTS of choices.

There is also a place on Metairie Rd. called Aucuoin-Hart Jewelers - they tend to have a pretty good collection ( but I haven't been there in years)

There are some great antique stores on Royal St. off the Quarter that may have some Estate jewelry, but I think those are the big ones that many of the locals use.

New Orleans is a Rolex town so you will see them at A LOT of antique and privately owned jewelry store (along with Cartier)

Hope this helps!!!
RHIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2015, 09:33 AM   #8
b06tmm
"TRF" Member

Pretty much what I said Roger.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!
Old 18 January 2015, 09:49 AM   #9
Abdon
"TRF" Member

Watch: All I can!
Thanks for the replies everyone! I went to Adler's, saw quite a nice selection including a Patek 5960-1a and a Rolex GMT BLNR. The also had a couple of A. Lange & Sohne watches and several Panerai models. VERY nice sales lady took care of me. Had a nice visit!

SS Sub 16610, 5513 meters first Sub, Tag Heuer Autavia (2003),Seiko Orange Monster, Seiko Turtle, Breitling Superocean
Abdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2015, 09:56 AM   #10
b06tmm
"TRF" Member

So you're coherent after your birthday? In New Orleans? What's up with that?
Old 18 January 2015, 10:00 AM   #11
THC
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16610M
There is also Lee Michaels in Lakeside in Metairie.. A very good selection there as well but yes Adlers is the grandaddy of all New Orleans Jewelers.. Born and raised there and now am only 33 miles north of it
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2015, 02:42 PM   #12
RHIII

Watch: AP/Rolex/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by b06tmm View Post
Pretty much what I said Roger.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!
Yep...I was really racking my brain to figure out more places!!!

Getting close to Mardi Gras too!!! Anyone headed down that way will probably want to check the parade schedule before heading down to Canal St!!!

-R
RHIII is offline   Reply With Quote