The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 June 2013, 09:14 AM   #1
Abdon
"TRF" Member

Watch: All I can!
Just returned from Boston, visited two EXCELLENT watch stores!!!

Just returned from Boston, and I went to two very nice watch stores in the area, on Newbury street.
First is The European Watch Company. The salespeople were VERY nice, very accommodating and knowledgeable. I felt very comfortable in there, and they had a very nice selection of pre-owned timepieces, as well as "never worn" pieces on sale for very nice discounts off retail. It was my second visit there, and it won't be my last! Great experience!
I also went to Shreve, Crump and Low.....OUTSTANDING selection of timepieces!!! I had never seen such a great collection of high end timepieces in one location....they are authorized dealers for A. Lange & Sohne....and their timepieces are simply STUNNING!!! I spent some time speaking with Nathan, a senior sales consultant, and with a VERY attractive lady (whose name I forget) who was also a salesperson, I tried on some pieces, spent some time speaking about their store, and about Boston, and I had a very pleasant time.
They are also AD's for Bell & Ross, Jaeger Le Coultre, and several other higher end brands. I have to say however that I was mesmerized by the ALS's. They are very expensive though, and as I was told by Nathan, they sell quite well. Interestingly, they more rare, and more expensive they are, the faster they sell!!! He said the Zeitwerks sell VERY fast! In any case, I had a great time there as well.
If anyone here ever goes to the Boston area, these two stores are a must stop.

SS Sub 16610, 5513 meters first Sub, Tag Heuer Autavia (2003),Seiko Orange Monster, Seiko Turtle, Breitling Superocean
Abdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2013, 10:40 AM   #2
c.rod
"TRF" Member

well,i guess you figure the area and its not to much of a surprise of the watches selling fast. big $$ out that way..
c.rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2013, 10:45 AM   #3
yessir69
2024 Pledge Member

I've bought and sold several from Ivana at EWC. She's always been very nice and fair.
yessir69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2013, 12:39 PM   #4
zhiunit
"TRF" Member

Watch: grandseiko sbgj001
josh and tony in EWC are the best in ALL of boston hands down

Shreve krump is a mixed bag, paul was SUPER nice the first time i went in, but brad was so PUSHY with sales that we would never ever dare go in ever again LOL

paul duggan is a great person to go to in the jewelers building

steve tablot and elaine in lux bond & green are superb (they are rolex and patek AD)

ross simmons/tournea.....no comment
-Grand Seiko SBGJ001
zhiunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2013, 08:11 PM   #5
zama
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4 Broken glass
I bought a watch from European Watch Company, very happy with the service fair price and helpful they shipped it to San Diego to meet up with me on my travels. Watch as described.
zama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2013, 08:58 PM   #6
SUBversive
Banned

Watch: Sun Dial
Pics?

I was just up at the Tourneau in Copley. Had a fine experience. Sales guy Benny was the tops.
SUBversive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2013, 12:43 AM   #7
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdon View Post
I spent some time speaking with... a VERY attractive lady (whose name I forget) who was also a salesperson...
Pics or it didn't happen.
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2013, 12:51 AM   #8
powerfunk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdon View Post
First is The European Watch Company. The salespeople were VERY nice, very accommodating and knowledgeable. I felt very comfortable in there
Glad you had a good time in Boston! I really like EWC. They treat me nicely and are genuinely happy to chat watches with me, even though I haven't yet bought a watch there and I don't dress particularly nicely. Wish I could say that about more watch stores!
powerfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2013, 12:41 AM   #9
azguy
Banned

Watch: ---------
EWC is great, always time well spent and then drinks at Daisy Buchanans'
azguy is offline   Reply With Quote