The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 September 2020, 12:30 PM   #1
otolith
"TRF" Member

How long does it take local jewelers to get new releases?

First post and sorry if an ignorant question. I am just getting into watches over the last year, so please excuse my naivety. I, like many others, am looking to purchase the new 126610LN. I do not have many connections or a personal AD so I reached out to the jewelry store where I live to inquire as to whether or not they would be getting any of the new Submariners. He said they had placed an order but could not give me an estimate as to when they would receive. Said it could be weeks... or months. With new releases, how long does it typically take Rolex dealers at fine jewelry stores to have them in stock? Thank you for any insight you have!

And if you have the patience and willingness to give me some more advice, how does one go about establishing a relationship with an AD?

Thank you all!
otolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 12:46 PM   #2
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

In the past, new models were announced at Basel in March, and started hitting dealers around June. This year without Basel, they were a announced in September and started hitting dealers immediately. Your AD should be getting them right now, or very soon.

As to your second question, spend a lot of money or make friends with your dealer.
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 12:48 PM   #3
McinRolex
"TRF" Member

Tomorrow or on Friday.

I was invited from an AD for a new release event on this Friday.
Even though I am NOT a VIP they were kind enough to invite me.
McinRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 12:55 PM   #4
otolith
"TRF" Member

Hm, wonder why he said they didn't expect them for "months." FWIW, I live in a relatively small town (30,000 people or so) so not sure where this particular jeweler is on the list to receive.
Old 17 September 2020, 12:58 PM   #5
otolith
"TRF" Member

Last edited by otolith; 17 September 2020 at 01:23 PM.. Reason: Duplicate
Old 17 September 2020, 01:01 PM   #6
otolith
"TRF" Member

To your second point, I just finished residency and am finally making some money. But it will be a while (years) until any AD cares anything about little ole me lol.
Old 17 September 2020, 01:19 PM   #7
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
I think all Rolex Boutiques/ADs should have all the new releases by now.
I was invited to meet my SA today, she showed me and let me try all the new releases.
She asked me which one I was interested in, I picked 126610LV and 126610LN.
I got both today, very happy.
It seems like everybody that was invited today, got whatever they wanted.
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 03:12 PM   #8
lisalisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzsiam View Post
I was invited to meet my SA today, she showed me and let me try all the new releases.

Are you saying they had multiple 126610lv for other besides yourself? Are they producing more subs? I’m waiting for one but just don’t know how long it’s gonna take..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lisalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 03:19 PM   #9
MikeHendrick1978
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by otolith View Post
First post and sorry if an ignorant question. I am just getting into watches over the last year, so please excuse my naivety. I, like many others, am looking to purchase the new 126610LN. I do not have many connections or a personal AD so I reached out to the jewelry store where I live to inquire as to whether or not they would be getting any of the new Submariners. He said they had placed an order but could not give me an estimate as to when they would receive. Said it could be weeks... or months. With new releases, how long does it typically take Rolex dealers at fine jewelry stores to have them in stock? Thank you for any insight you have!

And if you have the patience and willingness to give me some more advice, how does one go about establishing a relationship with an AD?

Thank you all!
Welcome to the forum....:)
MikeHendrick1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 05:46 PM   #10
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Thank you all!
Depends on the AD and depends where in the world

NYC Rolex Boutique 5th Avenue got them couple days after release. Some places might be months.

How to build relationship? You just need to spend $$$$$$$$. How much is enough to make them call you will again depend on the AD and the clientele. In nyc youre competing against a lot of wealthy people whereas smaller city ADs perhaps just as wealthy but less numbers
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 08:47 PM   #11
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
Quote:

Thank you all!

Welcome to the forum and to this hobby:-)
New models are in Boutiques already, selling to customers.
How to get your new Sub? Well, some would go grey and pay premium, some buy 100 thousands from their AD in order to become kind of VIP so they can get the hot references.
Others, myself included, count on different type of AD, those who are not greedy, ask for nothing and are willing to make a new Rolex owner. These ADs are not common but not I
Possible to find either.
All you have to do to knock doors and make an impression with your SA.
The most important thing is to appear to your AD as trustworthy, someone really want to get his first Rolex to enjoy and be proud of owning it, not a flipper.
Your chances with such ADs are very very good believe me.

Old 17 September 2020, 08:50 PM   #12
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Welcome to the forum OP
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 09:36 PM   #13
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Welcome...
Old 17 September 2020, 09:58 PM   #14
JayHantz
"TRF" Member

Watch: @Escapementt
Quote:
He said they had placed an order but could not give me an estimate as to when they would receive. Said it could be weeks... or months. With new releases, how long does it typically take Rolex dealers at fine jewelry stores to have them in stock? Thank you for any insight you have!
Really depends on the AD. I usually gauge the new release distribution on these forums. I saw that Europe got the first trickle of watches and now they are finally hitting the US. My AD said he is expecting the new releases to hit anywhere from tomorrow, to the end of the month. Sadly, I don't see these sitting in the cases at all, as many of these are going to be spoken for well before the order arrives.

Quote:

Thank you all!
It's pretty easy. Since you said you live in a smaller town, I would just go in and strike up conversations. Remember people's names, and finally let them know you're interested in getting a new Sub Date because you are finished with residency. You never know what could happen.

Best of luck, OP and keep us updated - and welcome to the forums!
JayHantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 12:08 AM   #15
Meg007
"TRF" Member

I am in the UK. I popped in on the 2nd of September and was put on the new sub list at my local AD. She very kindly rang me about a week ago to ask if would like the watch. Today I collected my black date Sub. Just buzzing......
Meg007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 12:19 AM   #16
opaline460
"TRF" Member

2 weeks ago
opaline460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 01:47 AM   #17
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalisa View Post
Are you saying they had multiple 126610lv for other besides yourself? Are they producing more subs? I’m waiting for one but just don’t know how long it’s gonna take..

I don't know for sure that how many they have on each model, but I saw another 2 customers that went the same time with me got something that they wanted too.

Rolex also gave more gift for this event, I got a Rolex pen with my initial on the pen, nice leather 3 watches pouch and 2 little Rolex boxes of Godiva Chocolate.

I was surprised that they let me purchase more than one hot watches, my wonderful SA even told me that if I want more just let her know.
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 02:07 AM   #18
lisalisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don't know for sure that how many they have on each model, but I saw another 2 customers that went the same time with me got something that they wanted too.

Rolex also gave more gift for this event, I got a Rolex pen with my initial on the pen, nice leather 3 watches pouch and 2 little Rolex boxes of Godiva Chocolate.

I was surprised that they let me purchase more than one hot watches, my wonderful SA even told me that if I want more just let her know.

Wow that’s amazing! A great SA for sure! What state was this in? Was it a bigger ad?

lisalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 02:08 AM   #19
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
2 weeks
Old 18 September 2020, 02:27 AM   #20
Vipes
"TRF" Member

Congrats on finishing your residency. Go in person and introduce yourself to the AD and tell them your situation. You just finished residency and trying to get a Sub to reward yourself. They may see you as a long term potential customer since you're getting into watches. Always better to go in person to try and establish a relationship. Good luck and welcome!
Vipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 02:37 AM   #21
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Welcome to the forum OP

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 02:46 AM   #22
otolith
"TRF" Member

Thanks, everyone!
Old 18 September 2020, 02:46 AM   #23
scrappy
"TRF" Member

Does anyone know when the precious metal 41mm Subs will be hitting dealers?
scrappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 03:13 AM   #24
JRell
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappy View Post
Does anyone know when the precious metal 41mm Subs will be hitting dealers?
I asked my AD that yesterday. No one seems to know. I picked up the bluesy, but not sure about full gold. That is actually my biggest surprise of this release. Historically they start with PM and then TT and SS.
Old 18 September 2020, 03:20 AM   #25
scrappy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRell View Post
I asked my AD that yesterday. No one seems to know. I picked up the bluesy, but not sure about full gold. That is actually my biggest surprise of this release. Historically lead start with PM and then TT and SS.

Congrats on the purchase. In was told ‘later in the year’ by my AD however I hoped someone may have had more specific timing. Am holding out for the WG version.

I’ve become an avid WG enthusiast since picking up a BLRO when it was originally released in that metal. Have since added a Daytona oysterflex in WG and yachtmaster 42 in WG on oysterflex. The WG sub would complement those nicely. I’ll eventually add a DD40 in WG with green bezel as well to fully round out the WG collection/(obsession)!
Old 18 September 2020, 03:26 AM   #26
JRell
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Congrats on the purchase. In was told ‘later in the year’ by my AD however I hoped someone may have had more specific timing. Am holding out for the WG version.

I’ve become an avid WG enthusiast since picking up a BLRO when it was originally released in that metal. Have since added a Daytona oysterflex in WG and yachtmaster 42 in WG on oysterflex. The WG sub would complement those nicely. I’ll eventually add a DD40 in WG with green bezel as well to fully round out the WG collection/(obsession)!
Wow fantastic collection! I get it, you get the PM feel without the yellow. They had a full yellow gold sub, blue dial, but the 11’s. The 11 didn’t bother me, but the jump to full yellow gold was a big style jump for me. Dipping my toes in with the TT, but I have always admired the bluesy. Did you request the WG 12 sub? It is a beauty.
Old 18 September 2020, 03:34 AM   #27
scrappy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRell View Post
Wow fantastic collection! I get it, you get the PM feel without the yellow. They had a full yellow gold sub, blue dial, but the 11’s. The 11 didn’t bother me, but the jump to full yellow gold was a big style jump for me. Dipping my toes in with the TT, but I have always admired the bluesy. Did you request the WG 12 sub? It is a beauty.

The Smurf was too blue for me so I’m happy they switched it to a black dial. Hopefully Christmas comes early this year. Bluesy is a great watch that you won’t regret. It’s the only watch I have with yellow gold.
Old 18 September 2020, 03:36 AM   #28
JRell
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The Smurf was too blue for me so I’m happy they switched it to a black dial. Hopefully Christmas comes early this year. Bluesy is a great watch that you won’t regret. It’s the only watch I have with yellow gold.
Thanks and best of luck, you might be the first 12 WG post!
Old 18 September 2020, 03:44 AM   #29
Robf52
"TRF" Member

Watch: lots of Rolex
Quote:
Well done. Enjoy the new pieces and wear in good health.
126334 DJ41 Rhodium/Diamonds//126331 DJ41 TT Wimbledon
124300 OP41 Green//126334 DJ41 White/Romans
Robf52 is offline   Reply With Quote