The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 November 2009, 02:41 PM   #91
carlhaluss
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer 1
Well, my wrist is 7.25in. I have had lots of large watches, the largest being a Breitling Seawolf at 45.4mm and 18mm thick. It didn't look out of place at all!
At the moment, though, my favourite watches are 34mm to 40mm. I tried on a GMT IIc last week, and it was great! Very comfortable at 40mm. I ended up with the Milgauss which, at 40mm, is as big as I want to go, but very comfortable and by no means too big.
If you want smaller, however, Rolex is the way to go! Check out the Explorer I at 36mm, and a lot of the Air King models at 34mm. They have some great dial choices, and the fluted bezel as well!
Even my AD agrees that the "bigger is better" thing is a passing fad. There are certain people who will always like the bigger watches,but don't feel bad if there are smaller watch models you like.
Even a lot of the bigger ones will fit you well!
Cheers,
Carl
Old 21 November 2009, 02:44 PM   #92
deserted
Banned

Watch: Patek 1909003
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
Well, my wrist is 7.25in. I have had lots of large watches, the largest being a Breitling Seawolf at 45.4mm and 18mm thick. It didn't look out of place at all!
At the moment, though, my favourite watches are 34mm to 40mm. I tried on a GMT IIc last week, and it was great! Very comfortable at 40mm. I ended up with the Milgauss which, at 40mm, is as big as I want to go, but very comfortable and by no means too big.
If you want smaller, however, Rolex is the way to go! Check out the Explorer I at 36mm, and a lot of the Air King models at 34mm. They have some great dial choices, and the fluted bezel as well!
Even my AD agrees that the "bigger is better" thing is a passing fad. There are certain people who will always like the bigger watches,but don't feel bad if there are smaller watch models you like.
Even a lot of the bigger ones will fit you well!
Cheers,
Carl

Carl you know it can go both ways , since i'm a guy of stature both 40mm and 47mm really compliments my wrist , but my brother who has just about a wrist size of yours has a deepsea and it looks pretty good on him....
deserted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2009, 02:57 PM   #93
Joey_V
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub 16610 M
Remember that it depends on how you're looking at your watch. If you turn your wrist towards you to look at the time, your wrist should appear at its smallest. When you turn it away from you and you have yourself looking at the clasp, your wrist flexors are flexed and the wrist expands outwards so when you look in the mirror, your wrist will appear bigger... while when you look at your watch the wrist appears smaller.

Current Rotation: Rolex Submariner Date (M) - 1/08, Rolex Milgauss GV (V) - 2/10, Rolex SS Black Daytona (V) - 6/10, Rolex GMTIIC (G) - 5/11, TAG Heuer Silverstone (286/1860) - 1/2015
Former-watches: Omega PO/2535.80/2254, TAG Carrera/F1x2/Monaco, Panerai 312K/292L
Wish List: Panerai 270/505, Rolex SMURF, Rolex RG Daytona, Rolex DSSD
Joey_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2009, 07:21 PM   #94
moldowan

i feel @ 7" the max i can go is the big pilot at 46.3MM. a DJ looks small IMO on me but............... once you wear it for a while i seems ok! its when i switch around from 36- 44 - 46mm i get conscience of how it looks on my wrist.
a 40mm is never too big on a 7" wrist IMO. but it's so subjective as well!
moldowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2009, 11:09 PM   #95
OrchidDR
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT GMT II
I'm the OP of this thread and I have to say I purchased a GMT II and it looks awesome. I just wasn't used to seeing a larger watch on my wrist. Now that I've had it a few days, it's PERFECT and doesn't appear like a frisbee!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MYROLEX.jpg (18.8 KB, 160 views)
OrchidDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2009, 11:16 PM   #96
TheDude
"TRF" Member

Watch: IIc,1680 Red,16660
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrchidDR View Post
I'm the OP of this thread and I have to say I purchased a GMT II and it looks awesome. I just wasn't used to seeing a larger watch on my wrist. Now that I've had it a few days, it's PERFECT and doesn't appear like a frisbee!
Congrats man! Beautiful watch!
TheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2009, 01:19 AM   #97
Blueoctopus007
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea Dweller 16600
A fitted Submariner or Sea Dweller will be perfect.

You never get the proper feel or look when trying one on - when trying it on - use the watch holder from the box and tuck it in under the wrist to fill the gap and give you a firm view and feel.

Buy the watch you love the most - make sure they have a 100% return policy - have it fitted - wear it for a few days - the large issue will disappear - you will be smug and happy - a proud Rolex Owner.

DAYTONA SS 116520 V SERIES

SEA-DWELLER 16600 V SERIES
Blueoctopus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2009, 01:20 AM   #98
Blueoctopus007
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea Dweller 16600
OOooooooops - I did not read all the way down !!!!

Well done !!!

DAYTONA SS 116520 V SERIES

SEA-DWELLER 16600 V SERIES
Blueoctopus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2009, 01:20 AM   #99
snow_rocks
Banned

Watch: the SKY tonite!
steve, watch looks good on your wrist! fine selection
snow_rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2009, 04:43 AM   #100
scottjal
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II
I am glad it worked out for you. I too have a 6.5" fairly small wrist. I also have a GMTIIc and while I think I pull it off just fine the really bold print and larger markers on the watch don't help with the too large feeling. Should try on an earlier GMTII from 2006 or so, while it isn't any smaller really it feels smaller in the looks department. Sort of an optical illusion.

I am drifting my collection towards the 36mm range, have a TOG on Jubilee which is fantastic and a vintage Omega auto. Usually wear one of these when I am in a dress shirt as the cuff works much better with the slimmer watch.
Old 22 November 2009, 09:57 AM   #101
greekbum
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 16750
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrchidDR View Post
Stunning watch

Original Owner ROLEX 16750 GMT Daily Wearer For Over 13,000 Days And Counting
greekbum is offline   Reply With Quote