The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 23 August 2022, 07:46 AM   #61
R.bartlett
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by milov View Post
My La Marzocco Linea mini plus Mazzer grinder were a large investment. But after 5 years and over 15000 shots of espresso it has paid for itself and then some. A workhouse providing consistency and reliability. I know many high end espresso bars that keep a Linea on hand for when their more adjustable machines inevitably break down.

that works out at around 9 coffees every single day for 5 years
struggling to comprehend that level of dedication tbf.
R.bartlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2022, 08:04 AM   #62
Hard_Six
"TRF" Member

Watch: those three’s roll
Quote:
Originally Posted by -dustin View Post
are you hiring?

what water are you using? I assume the gallon back there is for the machine...
Lol

That gallon is for the water I use, yes. For the longest time, I was making the rPavlis mixture (add 0.38 grams of potassium bicarbonate to one gallon of distilled water). Lately, I've been lazy and just using the third wave water "espresso" packets. You just empty one packet into a gallon of distilled water. Both work well.
Hard_Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2022, 01:14 PM   #63
Scotes
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II
Would love me one of those La Marzoccos but just out of my league. I picked up a Breville Infuser about 8 years ago and it was going strong till a few months ago when it crapped out. Called Breville and for $250 all I had to do was drop it off at UPS - didn’t even need to box it up - and I got it back 10 days later good as new. Kudos to Breville on their customer service.

As for the coffee I’m lazy on the grinding front. I’ve been using Illy’s ground espresso and have been perfectly happy.
Scotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2022, 03:47 PM   #64
White Collar Boy
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PAM111
Brevilles are fine. I helped a friend set his dual boiler up on the weekend (really, it was more just programming his Breville grinder so that it dosed closer to what I like (18 grams for a double basket) and at a good grind size). But what I noticed is the bar pressure varied more than with higher-end dual boiler machines, resulting in inconsistent extraction (when other variables kept same). Still, good enough for home.
White Collar Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2022, 04:44 PM   #65
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
It’s been 2 years. Did the OP finally get one ?
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2022, 09:18 PM   #66
austinp
"TRF" Member

Which super auto machine for a 1500 budget?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2022, 10:41 PM   #67
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinp View Post
Which super auto machine for a 1500 budget?

I have a miele CM and its worked like a tank for 3 years counting. Can't recommend Miele enough for super auto.

https://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/sh...utomatic-miele
Old 24 August 2022, 01:57 AM   #68
-dustin
2024 Pledge Member

Been fighting my Lucca M58 for a little bit, and have finally found the problem, buried within the rotary pump. Broken part of the bypass valve. The pump is made by a company called Fluidotech, and they seem to supply pretty much every mid-to-high end manufacturer with rotary pumps. Replacement of small part seems to be a no-go. Which would make sense...$10 part vs $200 pump.

-dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2022, 02:42 AM   #69
austinp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I have a miele CM and its worked like a tank for 3 years counting. Can't recommend Miele enough for super auto.

https://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/sh...utomatic-miele

I actually watched a video of that machine last night. Looking at that one and a Saeco. Both look awesome.

austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2022, 03:39 AM   #70
Doctorswrist
"TRF" Member

I have a gastroback barista express! Very good! Been ping a good job for 2 years now
Doctorswrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2023, 09:34 AM   #71
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentM View Post
For most people, spending a fortune on a Rolex is pure nonsense. But here on TRF, we can understand why someone would spend that much money on a simple watch. It goes way further than the primary intention of a watch to tell time.

I have to tell you that in the world of coffee, you can make wonderful discoveries and « travel » around the world.

But sorry to tell you that, you will have to spend more than you thought. Does it worth it? Without hesitation I answer yes. For less than what a DJ cost, you will enter a whole new world of discoveries. A pure pleasure for a lifetime.

And to answer your question, the best espresso machine is no contest Decent Espresso.

https://decentespresso.com

And you will need an excellent grinder. Get the best, KafaTek Monolith.

https://www.kafatek.com

And just forget Nespresso...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

This machine seems to be quite incredible. I have no doubt it can be an amazing tool to perfecting espresso.

Where my concern comes from is my consistent frustration with app based technology in all things. I find it incredibly frustrating simply playing music via mediums that introduce updates and connectivity issues. I expect that this machine will not be immune to such things.

Much like the reason I moved away from quartz watches that would have batteries expire at an inconvenient time.

I guess it comes down to the technology idiosyncrasies vs the idiosyncrasies of the old world traditional options?

Purchased a Rancilio Silvia Pro X (anlong with Bas recommendation of the kinu classic grinder) and have been learning and experimenting. I’ve come a long way in just a couple of weeks… maybe I’ll eventually reach a point of diminishing returns and then desire the tablet based machine to take it to the next level?

I used a manual Leica for many years before finally accepting the digital options for the convenience they provide but there remains digital obstacles in the form of limitless tweaking that thoroughly frustrate me vs working with the manual process of manipulating basic principles of photography.

Thanks for bringing this incredible
Machine to my attention, I find it interesting that in my research this machine never popped up in random searches. Maybe it’s a lack of advertising budget?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_2703.jpeg (30.2 KB, 60 views)