The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 9 July 2022, 07:14 PM   #1
danwang0520
"TRF" Member

Watch: my signature
Breitling Navitimer B01 Chronograph 43 Unboxing & Introduction

[Breitling Navitimer B01 Chronograph 43 Unboxing & Introduction]
Date of Purchase: July 8, 2022
Place of Purchase: 寶島鐘錶-台北名店(Taipei, Taiwan)
Retail Price(at the time of purchase): TWD$284,000
Purchased Price: TWD$230,000

Breitling SA is a Swiss luxury watchmaker based in Grenchen, Switzerland. The company was founded in 1884 by Léon Breitling in Saint-Imier, Switzerland. Breitling is known for precision-made chronometers designed for aviators. In the 1940s, Breitling added a circular slide rule to the bezel of their Chronomat models for use as a sliderule. This bezel became most associated with the Navitimer, which launched in 1954. The name Navitimer comes from two words that were used to describe its purpose: Navigation and Timer. During the 1950s and 1960s, a version of the Navitimer was offered by the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association with the AOPA logo on the dial. In 1961, Scott Carpenter, one of the original astronauts in the Mercury space program, approached Breitling with the idea of incorporating a 24-hour dial instead of the normal 12-hour dial. This was needed because of the lack of day and night during space travel. Breitling complied, and produced the 24-hour Navitimer which Carpenter wore on his 1962 space flight. Breitling then proceeded to produce a commercial version of the 24-hour version as the so-called Cosmonaute Navitimer - under both Breitling and AOPA logos. The first automatic Navitimer chronograph was introduced to the public in 1969. The movement was co-developed by Breitling, Dubois-Depraz, Heuer, and Hamilton. Introduced in 2022 to celebrate 70th anniversary since the launch of the first Navitimer, this Navitimer B01 Chronograph 43 comes in stainless steel casing that measures 43mm with thickness of 13.6mm. The watch features 30m of water resistance. There is also a date aperture windows located at 6 o’clock. The chronograph functions feature 1/4th second, and 30 minutes and 12 hours counters. Can be viewed via the exhibition case back, the movement is an in-house B01 calibre that has 70-hours of power reserve and 47 jewels that beats at 28,800 vph. Lastly, the reference of this particular model is AB0138211B1A1.

Current collection: 1) Rolex Submariner(116610LV), 2) Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional(311.30.42.30.01.006), 3) Rolex GMT-Master II(126710BLNR), 4) Breitling B01 Navitimer 43(AB0138211B1A1)
danwang0520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2022, 07:53 PM   #2
Michael1968
Banned

Watch: UN,RolexTudor&more
Thanks for sharing. Great photos. I love this new Navitimer model but there is one thing that I can not tolerate. There is the box/packaging. I hate it. For me previous generation of watch boxes from Breitling was good but nowadays Breitling did very big step back with this new box. At the end of the day this is luxury product for which you have to pay a lot of money and you getting something luxury packed in from the garbage.
Michael1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2022, 09:14 PM   #3
Argo98
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1968 View Post
Thanks for sharing. Great photos. I love this new Navitimer model but there is one thing that I can not tolerate. There is the box/packaging. I hate it. For me previous generation of watch boxes from Breitling was good but nowadays Breitling did very big step back with this new box. At the end of the day this is luxury product for which you have to pay a lot of money and you getting something luxury packed in from the garbage.
I believe that if you want you can ask to purchase the watch with the older style box/package. Personally I much prefer the new one but you can ask if is possible to buy it with the previous box.I am not 100% sure…
The new navitimer is a masterpiece! Congratulations!
Argo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2022, 09:38 PM   #4
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Congratulations.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2022, 10:43 PM   #5
Michael1968
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argo98 View Post
I believe that if you want you can ask to purchase the watch with the older style box/package. Personally I much prefer the new one but you can ask if is possible to buy it with the previous box.I am not 100% sure…
The new navitimer is a masterpiece! Congratulations!
I don’t know if you can get the older box but for me it is a shame and very bad image for the brand with this new style box.
Old 9 July 2022, 10:55 PM   #6
Argo98
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don’t know if you can get the older box but for me it is a shame and very bad image for the brand with this new style box.
The sustainability and the support of the recycling and all this lifestyle I believe that is a good image for every brand.
Argo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2022, 03:05 AM   #7
Michael1968
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argo98 View Post
The sustainability and the support of the recycling and all this lifestyle I believe that is a good image for every brand.
Very funny that luxury brands care about recycling. What about every Mercedes S class will have pillows made from recycled plastic only to support sustainable development. This is out of place in this industry.
Old 10 July 2022, 10:30 AM   #8
Reelandy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danwang0520 View Post
[Breitling Navitimer B01 Chronograph 43 Unboxing & Introduction]
Date of Purchase: July 8, 2022
Place of Purchase: 寶島鐘錶-台北名店(Taipei, Taiwan)
Retail Price(at the time of purchase): TWD$284,000
Purchased Price: TWD$230,000

Breitling SA is a Swiss luxury watchmaker based in Grenchen, Switzerland. The company was founded in 1884 by Léon Breitling in Saint-Imier, Switzerland. Breitling is known for precision-made chronometers designed for aviators. In the 1940s, Breitling added a circular slide rule to the bezel of their Chronomat models for use as a sliderule. This bezel became most associated with the Navitimer, which launched in 1954. The name Navitimer comes from two words that were used to describe its purpose: Navigation and Timer. During the 1950s and 1960s, a version of the Navitimer was offered by the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association with the AOPA logo on the dial. In 1961, Scott Carpenter, one of the original astronauts in the Mercury space program, approached Breitling with the idea of incorporating a 24-hour dial instead of the normal 12-hour dial. This was needed because of the lack of day and night during space travel. Breitling complied, and produced the 24-hour Navitimer which Carpenter wore on his 1962 space flight. Breitling then proceeded to produce a commercial version of the 24-hour version as the so-called Cosmonaute Navitimer - under both Breitling and AOPA logos. The first automatic Navitimer chronograph was introduced to the public in 1969. The movement was co-developed by Breitling, Dubois-Depraz, Heuer, and Hamilton. Introduced in 2022 to celebrate 70th anniversary since the launch of the first Navitimer, this Navitimer B01 Chronograph 43 comes in stainless steel casing that measures 43mm with thickness of 13.6mm. The watch features 30m of water resistance. There is also a date aperture windows located at 6 o’clock. The chronograph functions feature 1/4th second, and 30 minutes and 12 hours counters. Can be viewed via the exhibition case back, the movement is an in-house B01 calibre that has 70-hours of power reserve and 47 jewels that beats at 28,800 vph. Lastly, the reference of this particular model is AB0138211B1A1.

Current collection: 1) Rolex Submariner(116610LV), 2) Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional(311.30.42.30.01.006), 3) Rolex GMT-Master II(126710BLNR), 4) Breitling B01 Navitimer 43(AB0138211B1A1)

Thanks for sharing, this watch is on my list of ‘to get’ along with a chronomat. How are you finding it comfort wise?

Ps. Love how diverse your collection is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reelandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2022, 01:34 AM   #9
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Great pictures! I really like the watch, such a nice contrast between the dial and both the slide rule and subdials. Enjoy in good health.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2022, 07:03 PM   #10
danwang0520
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelandy View Post
Thanks for sharing, this watch is on my list of ‘to get’ along with a chronomat. How are you finding it comfort wise?

Ps. Love how diverse your collection is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 7-piece link is similar to Jubilee bracelet in terms of comfort......but the downside is the butterfly clasp which is a hassle to close up
Old 11 July 2022, 07:04 PM   #11
danwang0520
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
Congratulations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW16610 View Post
Great pictures! I really like the watch, such a nice contrast between the dial and both the slide rule and subdials. Enjoy in good health.
Thank you all for your kind comments.
Old 15 July 2022, 01:36 PM   #12
BNABOD
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I am not a box maniac but must say I agree . I just purchased a 765 avi and it did come in a very nice leather travelling case but the rest is pretty crappy. Now I don’t need nor want a 16 pound box a la Omega but something a tad more luxurious would go a long way ..

Lovely watch though the Navi …
BNABOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2022, 07:23 PM   #13
danwang0520
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNABOD View Post
I am not a box maniac but must say I agree . I just purchased a 765 avi and it did come in a very nice leather travelling case but the rest is pretty crappy. Now I don’t need nor want a 16 pound box a la Omega but something a tad more luxurious would go a long way ..

Lovely watch though the Navi …
Thank you for your comment.
Old 16 July 2022, 11:27 AM   #14
Chromosome
"TRF" Member

very nice watch! I want to add a navtimer to my collection
Chromosome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2022, 04:12 PM   #15
favre12rodgers
Banned

Love it….I just sold my 46mm 01 and picked up the same 43mm watch a few weeks ago but I had to get one with the gold wings emblem as I’m partial to the older ones.
favre12rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2022, 04:32 PM   #16
PanosI
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16710
Big congrats!

My favorite Navitimer, reverse panda on bracelet
PanosI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2022, 12:02 AM   #17
danwang0520
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromosome View Post
very nice watch! I want to add a navtimer to my collection
Quote:
Originally Posted by favre12rodgers View Post
Love it….I just sold my 46mm 01 and picked up the same 43mm watch a few weeks ago but I had to get one with the gold wings emblem as I’m partial to the older ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanosI View Post
Big congrats!

My favorite Navitimer, reverse panda on bracelet
Thank you all for your kind comments.