The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 15 August 2022, 09:19 PM   #1
Kittster
"TRF" Member

Spring bar removal tool - non-metal

Hi,

I've scoured the internet ineffectually looking for a non-metal spring bar removal tool. By non-metal, I mean one made of a material that's not as hard as stainless steel or gold or platinum etc so it doesn't scratch the lugs when used.

Does such a tool exist or am I completely mistaken?? I'm sure I saw a Youtube video where non-metal watchmaker's tools were shown, but I can't find the video now or I may even be mistaken.

Many thanks in advance for any responses.
Kittster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2022, 10:37 AM   #2
csquared317
"TRF" Member

I've tried looking but I couldn't find one. I know there is a way you can use floss for flossing your teeth to remove the spring bar. I haven't tried that method though.
csquared317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2022, 10:44 AM   #3
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona

I have this one. It is metal tweezers for removal and then plastic for squeezing the spring bar and allowing it to slide down into watch head without scratching. It has a set screw to keep the jaws from opening too much and touching the lugs.
Old 18 August 2022, 04:09 PM   #4
Kittster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csquared317 View Post
I've tried looking but I couldn't find one. I know there is a way you can use floss for flossing your teeth to remove the spring bar. I haven't tried that method though.
I've used the floss method before and it does work, but probably just like yourself, a tool to do the job in a more controlled manner would be welcome.
Old 18 August 2022, 04:19 PM   #5
Kittster
"TRF" Member

Great, thanks a lot for the replies.

By the way, after searching for this FM-NH tool I found a Youtube video on it by Tokkante titled "BEST Rolex/Tudor Spring Bar Tool: Better Than Bergeon 7825?". Apologies for not posting a url, seems I don't have enough posts to be allowed to post links.
Old 18 August 2022, 11:15 PM   #6
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

I have the same one as Brad. You can purchase it from Esslinger. It's pretty much the ideal tool when working with bracelets or straps that have the small grooves to access the bars. For routine strap changes I like the Bergeon 7767-F. I had previously used that Bergeon as well for bracelet removal, but it was very challenging given the tight integration of modern bracelets.
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2022, 11:36 PM   #7
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Spring bar removal tool - non-metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittster View Post
Great, thanks a lot for the replies.

By the way, after searching for this FM-NH tool I found a Youtube video on it by Tokkante titled "BEST Rolex/Tudor Spring Bar Tool: Better Than Bergeon 7825?". Apologies for not posting a url, seems I don't have enough posts to be allowed to post links.

https://youtu.be/juNp2IrH2L4

https://www.esslinger.com/premium-sp...-removal-tool/
Old 25 September 2022, 02:16 AM   #8
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post

I have this one. It is metal tweezers for removal and then plastic for squeezing the spring bar and allowing it to slide down into watch head without scratching. It has a set screw to keep the jaws from opening too much and touching the lugs.
Ok, ok, so they arrived and just used 'em.

BEST.... SPRINGBAR.... TOOL.... EVER

Massive thanks as I change straps a lot.

https://www.esslinger.com/premium-sp...-removal-tool/
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2022, 04:33 AM   #9
2bigalow
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the post Steven.
I was wondering how well these actually worked vs using a spring bar tool and taping off the lugs. Fairly quick delivery?
2bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2022, 05:05 AM   #10
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Love how narrow the bits are to get into those super 'tight' designs. For me, it is also more naturally controllable. The opposing side for springbar installation makes life less dramatic too. Will admit, ok, it ain't a 'bargain' yet as I change straps often plus now my neighbors have been having me 'can you just take a look at'....

Thx for suggesting it, TRF rocks
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote