The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 6 August 2022, 08:43 AM   #1861
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebbeth View Post
I have to admit, I'm getting antsy. I really want to get my watch in hand, but even without any delays, I'm gonna have to wait a good 8 more months.

In the meantime, I'm itching to get a couple of interim watches. Just picked up a GO Seventies Chronograph Panorama Date in Fab Green. Eying an Omega Seamaster 300 in green, a GS SLGH017 or SLGA015.

I'm headed toward financial ruin.

I’ve been purchasing a watch every 3-4 months for like 10 years. As the guy said in that horror film “GET OUT!”

It then spreads elsewhere

I’ve been changing cars 3x a year as well. Consumerism. America. Bald eagles eating apple pie riding jet skis.
Old 6 August 2022, 08:51 AM   #1862
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I’ve been purchasing a watch every 3-4 months for like 10 years. As the guy said in that horror film “GET OUT!”

It then spreads elsewhere

I’ve been changing cars 3x a year as well. Consumerism. America. Bald eagles eating apple pie riding jet skis.
Slow poke
ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2022, 09:33 AM   #1863
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
Slow poke

You know what’s disturbing that means 30-40 watches and that’s clearly way off. It’s worse than I thought lol
Old 6 August 2022, 09:56 AM   #1864
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You know what’s disturbing that means 30-40 watches and that’s clearly way off. It’s worse than I thought lol
I can only aspire to be at that level.

So glad they got rid of debtors prison in the States.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2022, 10:07 PM   #1865
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Czapek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebbeth View Post
I can only aspire to be at that level.

So glad they got rid of debtors prison in the States.

I haven’t kept them all or I’d be in divorce court not debtors prison.

*Sorry guys just realized this is the czapek thread I’ll stop rambling and back to topic.
Old 6 August 2022, 10:19 PM   #1866
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Maybe, and dare i say this, perhaps it's time to expand your timepiece strap collection? All good and enjoying various timepieces is great and all that, truly is, yet be sure to have a thorough strap collection too (am sure many do, so just a suggestion for those who don't).

How many straps do you have / planned for your Czapek?
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2022, 02:03 AM   #1867
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Maybe, and dare i say this, perhaps it's time to expand your timepiece strap collection? All good and enjoying various timepieces is great and all that, truly is, yet be sure to have a thorough strap collection too (am sure many do, so just a suggestion for those who don't).

How many straps do you have / planned for your Czapek?

If you’re asking me I don’t have a czapek on order. Nice watches maybe some day

I have maybe a dozen straps. I have come to realize I really enjoy steel watches with straps. Titanium is fine as well.

Are you wearing your czapek often Steven? Would you entertain the split seconds down the road? That’s the one that had my attention. Assuming they make more of them.
Old 7 August 2022, 03:17 AM   #1868
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
If you’re asking me I don’t have a czapek on order. Nice watches maybe some day .
Oh apologies, it was just a 'generalized statement' for all.

Quote:
I have maybe a dozen straps. I have come to realize I really enjoy steel watches with straps. Titanium is fine as well.

Quote:
Are you wearing your czapek often Steven? Would you entertain the split seconds down the road? That’s the one that had my attention. Assuming they make more of them.
Wearing the Monochrome ~80% of the time. Sure there are times the Octo FS is desired, or the massive Panerai on bracelet... or Polar with orange strap. Yet overall the best, most diverse timepiece here imho is the Czapek Monochrome. Not heavy, not too light, well balances on my wrist. Easy to read, even with my aging eyes, during the day, low light, and lume night.

This is all jmho, the Monochrome lends itself to stylishly work very well with many colored straps (please make darker orange), and of course the bracelet rocks.

And yes the super sexy movement and all the other fun stuff too. And wow, the movement mesmerizes....

Guess what I'm saying is that it fills every timepiece 'need' (including actually being able to see the date), plus 120m WP, and so far has impressive durability because I'd don't 'baby' timepieces (though not abuse, just USE it).

As for split second, if given unlimited funding would rather have the (probably now unobtanium) new MB&F LM Sequential Evo. Sure the Czapek is a great timepiece at attractive pricing (relatively speaking). Came close to reserving the Czapek too.

Am currently not doing much or even thinking about anything with complications. Simply where I'm at today collection-wise.

Beauty in 'simple time'.

PS: I reserve the right to change my mind if some super-duper complication comes to market.

PPS: Wearing the Czapek Monochrome right now, since yesterday when it unseated the Octo FS for the day.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 10 August 2022, 02:29 AM   #1869
londonpilgrim
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavster View Post
Only went for 4,750 over UK list price.
londonpilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2022, 04:15 AM   #1870
Pict
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonpilgrim View Post
+6% fees, but I have to think the buyer will be happier than the seller.
Pict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2022, 05:08 AM   #1871
londonpilgrim
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pict View Post
+6% fees, but I have to think the buyer will be happier than the seller.
Yes, I think that auctions show you the true value of a piece In the market so 4750 + fees isn’t too bad a deal.
Old 10 August 2022, 08:02 AM   #1872
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Honestly in this market still a show of strength for such a fledgling brand. I saw an EW 321 go for a smaller premium recently ignoring fees even.
Old 11 August 2022, 01:37 PM   #1873
charger_vital
"TRF" Member

Watch: LF Sport & Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonpilgrim View Post
If you are a flipper who got it at retail that's a 20%-ish ROI. Hell of a margin in this market.

If you are a buyer, you got a great watch a year to two years before everybody else in line (at $200 - $400 per month to wear the watch now).

I would say, both sides made out pretty well.
charger_vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2022, 03:36 PM   #1874
RolexSimon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger_vital View Post
If you are a flipper who got it at retail that's a 20%-ish ROI. Hell of a margin in this market.

If you are a buyer, you got a great watch a year to two years before everybody else in line (at $200 - $400 per month to wear the watch now).

I would say, both sides made out pretty well.
I'm with you 100%.
RolexSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2022, 04:48 AM   #1875
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Monochrome_White_Bracelet.jpg

Old 12 August 2022, 08:42 AM   #1876
RolexSimon
"TRF" Member

Does anyone who's due to get an ice-blue / just had theirs delivered got a ball-park figure on how long the delay is on their original build-date? I was initially booked for a Jan 2023 build and I know that will slip but I'm not sure how long a delay to expect.
RolexSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2022, 12:48 PM   #1877
rag5178
"TRF" Member

I was told Summer 2022 when I ordered, but last I spoke to my AD, they said we are likely looking at 2023. So that would be roughly 6+ months behind schedule.
rag5178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2022, 04:50 PM   #1878
Noahgraph
"TRF" Member

Watch: and learn
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexSimon View Post
Does anyone who's due to get an ice-blue / just had theirs delivered got a ball-park figure on how long the delay is on their original build-date? I was initially booked for a Jan 2023 build and I know that will slip but I'm not sure how long a delay to expect.
The AD in the Netherlands claims there is still zero delay upon the booked orders. They have made quite some very early pre-orders so I can imagine they are first in line. Mine is set for April 2023.

Also to be the devil's advocate, the watch and especially the band can use the ever evolving updates the brand is making. Although they are slowly but surely getting 'there' I still believe there is some improvement to be made for a watch in the VC, Parimigiani and Patek price-realm.

The longer you watch is going to take the bigger the chance that yours is improved. Now that I now that the end-links are so so I would not be happy if I have recieved mine in the last couple of weeks without the modification they recently made.

The brand is really stepping up their game, but it is neccessary in this price-bracket.

Thoughts?!
Noahgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2022, 09:14 PM   #1879
londonpilgrim
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexSimon View Post
My 40.5 ice-blue was originally supposed to be spring, now it is Oct. Also have a 40.5 salmon originally supposed to be June, but I imagine will be towards the end of the year now.
Old 21 August 2022, 01:54 AM   #1880
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

I am flying to Geneva this week, for a visit to the new Atelier, and some good one-on-one time with Xavier. Oh, Geneva Watch Days too...

Post your questions here, and I'll do my best to get you an answer.
mikemargolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2022, 02:37 PM   #1881
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemargolis View Post
I am flying to Geneva this week, for a visit to the new Atelier, and some good one-on-one time with Xavier. Oh, Geneva Watch Days too...

Hi Mike, thank you.

I have a question around chamfering/beveling the watch case and bracelet. Czapek included it as part of the 38.5mm line. I am sure all would appreciate Czapek chamfering/beveling the case and bracelet of the 41.5mm option too, even if Czapek has to charge few $hundred extra for it. It will greatly improve the overall aesthetics of the watch. I have heard some critique from collectors who question the absence of it when the watch is priced to compete with likes of Royal Oak, Overseas, and Streamliner.
AlyRba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2022, 04:31 PM   #1882
charger_vital
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemargolis View Post

See you there! I've a meeting with Pierre on the 30th. Safe travels.
Old 21 August 2022, 04:32 PM   #1883
charger_vital
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyRba View Post
Hi Mike, thank you.

I have a question around chamfering/beveling the watch case and bracelet. Czapek included it as part of the 38.5mm line. I am sure all would appreciate Czapek chamfering/beveling the case and bracelet of the 41.5mm option too, even if Czapek has to charge few $hundred extra for it. It will greatly improve the overall aesthetics of the watch. I have heard some critique from collectors who question the absence of it when the watch is priced to compete with likes of Royal Oak, Overseas, and Streamliner.
I know this wasnt directed at me, so apologies for butting in... but I was told that they will do it on the 41.5mm if you want it. I've asked for it on mine... though has not yet been confirmed.
Old 22 August 2022, 03:06 AM   #1884
jaygrow
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by charger_vital View Post
I know this wasnt directed at me, so apologies for butting in... but I was told that they will do it on the 41.5mm if you want it. I've asked for it on mine... though has not yet been confirmed.
Ooh, very interesting. I would definitely be interested in adding chamfering to my order, for whatever that is worth.
jaygrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2022, 09:10 AM   #1885
rag5178
"TRF" Member

Count me as another interested in the chamfering on the full size Antarctique.

Mike - I think many, myself included, might be interested in any info about how delayed the company currently is and whether they expect those delays to persist/get worse, or if they think they are getting back on schedule.
rag5178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2022, 12:47 PM   #1886
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag5178 View Post
Count me as another interested in the chamfering on the full size Antarctique.

Mike - I think many, myself included, might be interested in any info about how delayed the company currently is and whether they expect those delays to persist/get worse, or if they think they are getting back on schedule.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2022, 01:45 AM   #1887
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

[QUOTE=AlyRba;12336784]Hi Mike, thank you.

I have a question around chamfering/beveling the watch case and bracelet. Czapek included it as part of the 38.5mm line. I am sure all would appreciate Czapek chamfering/beveling the case and bracelet of the 41.5mm option too,/QUOTE]

Here is the answer I got:

The chamfering was a planned, designed aesthetic for the 38.5mm case and bracelet. With the much more plain case sides, the designers felt this was needed.

It is NOT planned for the 40.5 case and bracelet, and at this point, is not an option at all. We are focused on delivering product and reducing our open order, and hand chamfering a case and bracelet is not possible given this goal.

Once the backorders are reduced and our delivery times are back to normal, we might explore this, but for the next year or two, no.
Old 28 August 2022, 01:48 AM   #1888
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag5178 View Post
We are still plagued by supplier non delivery issues, particularly cases and some specific dials.

We have all the "parts" needed to build the watches once our suppliers ship the needed pieces. One missing piece from a timepiece that has hundreds of components means zero deliveries.

Since we are not taking orders on Antarctique, the backorder can not get worse, so that means that it is getting better.

:)
Old 28 August 2022, 04:42 PM   #1889
Finly
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=mikemargolis;12347787]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyRba View Post
Hi Mike, thank you.

I have a question around chamfering/beveling the watch case and bracelet. Czapek included it as part of the 38.5mm line. I am sure all would appreciate Czapek chamfering/beveling the case and bracelet of the 41.5mm option too,/QUOTE]

Here is the answer I got:

The chamfering was a planned, designed aesthetic for the 38.5mm case and bracelet. With the much more plain case sides, the designers felt this was needed.

It is NOT planned for the 40.5 case and bracelet, and at this point, is not an option at all. We are focused on delivering product and reducing our open order, and hand chamfering a case and bracelet is not possible given this goal.

Once the backorders are reduced and our delivery times are back to normal, we might explore this, but for the next year or two, no.
Extremely disappointed in the response. They should have at least said, if that's something you want we need to push your order back and many people would be fine with that. Not just saying no entirely, not really customer first.
Finly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2022, 05:06 PM   #1890
ChetBaker
"TRF" Member

I for one appreciate that response. Let them focus on getting these watches out instead of adding one more complicating factor to the production process.
ChetBaker is offline   Reply With Quote