The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 27 March 2022, 10:14 PM   #1
CV997
"TRF" Member

50 th Royal Oak allocation criteria

Anyone have idea what is criteria to get allocate of 50 th RO, have been buying 6 timepieces from AP boutique during July 2020 till April 2021

During April till today, do not get any offer or allocation for my wish list which contains CODE, Offshore, RO. All of my timepieces still in my watch boxes.

I saw several guys post of received it from boutique with less records but all of them have purchase history in year 2021, Does AP consider from year 2021 records only or else, and if they don’t offer we any watch in year 2021, then we are become disqualify or not.

Thanks for all of your advice
CV997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2022, 03:10 PM   #2
zinzanzigara
"TRF" Member

You say all of your watches are still in their boxes, does that mean you don't wear them? If so that would be the problem.
zinzanzigara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2022, 03:24 PM   #3
RolLee
"TRF" Member

Watch: (n) thing for time
Might be your SA. He or she needs to be a strong advocate on your behalf, especially since now more valuable allocations (e.g., ceramics, perpetuals etc.) require more corporate approvals up the chain.
RolLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2022, 04:01 PM   #4
CV997
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinzanzigara View Post
You say all of your watches are still in their boxes, does that mean you don't wear them? If so that would be the problem.

Mean still own all of them, do not selling it.
Old 28 March 2022, 04:02 PM   #5
CV997
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolLee View Post
Might be your SA. He or she needs to be a strong advocate on your behalf, especially since now more valuable allocations (e.g., ceramics, perpetuals etc.) require more corporate approvals up the chain.
Discuss with them several time but still no progress
Old 28 March 2022, 04:27 PM   #6
zinzanzigara
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CV997 View Post
Mean still own all of them, do not selling it.
You haven't sold them but you don't wear them. That's why they don't want to sell you anymore watches.
Old 28 March 2022, 06:43 PM   #7
mquarter
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5-digit steel
Quote:
You haven't sold them but you don't wear them. That's why they don't want to sell you anymore watches.
They wouldn't know that though.
mquarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2022, 12:42 AM   #8
zinzanzigara
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquarter View Post
They wouldn't know that though.
They could have a pretty good idea.
Old 29 March 2022, 02:11 AM   #9
jkesquire
"TRF" Member

I mean this respectfully, but I would imagine some part of the criteria for AP is allocating these watches to clients who they know actually wear the watches. I don't have a massive purchase history either, but it is spread out over a period of 6 years and about 5 watches in all. Every time I go into the AD, I have an AP on my wrist. I think that did come into play to an extent when they allocated a 50th anniversary 26240 to me a month ago. If I am in your shoes, I would start wearing them into the boutique. In my opinion, the hierarchy of people they won't sell 50th pieces to would start with flippers at the top, and hoarders right underneath. They are incredible watches, wear them and enjoy them :)
jkesquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2022, 02:17 AM   #10
Reign
"TRF" Member

A lot of factors come into play but I imagine they’ve lined up something for you based on your history and it hasn’t come out yet hence the go around.

What have you expressed interest in prior to the Jan releases?

Based on your preferences and if your SA knows what you’re looking for, they’ll make a recommendation on your allocation based on what they think they can get for you.

Checking in and chasing your SA won’t make a difference at this point
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2022, 11:13 AM   #11
CV997
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign View Post
A lot of factors come into play but I imagine they’ve lined up something for you based on your history and it hasn’t come out yet hence the go around.

What have you expressed interest in prior to the Jan releases?

Based on your preferences and if your SA knows what you’re looking for, they’ll make a recommendation on your allocation based on what they think they can get for you.

Checking in and chasing your SA won’t make a difference at this point
I have create interest to many timepiece including CODE perpetual/Chrono, Offshore Chrono/Diver, RO perpetual and etc. The most curious for me is the last 12 months have not receive any offer, very strange for me.
Old 29 March 2022, 12:06 PM   #12
zinzanzigara
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkesquire View Post
I mean this respectfully, but I would imagine some part of the criteria for AP is allocating these watches to clients who they know actually wear the watches. I don't have a massive purchase history either, but it is spread out over a period of 6 years and about 5 watches in all. Every time I go into the AD, I have an AP on my wrist. I think that did come into play to an extent when they allocated a 50th anniversary 26240 to me a month ago. If I am in your shoes, I would start wearing them into the boutique. In my opinion, the hierarchy of people they won't sell 50th pieces to would start with flippers at the top, and hoarders right underneath. They are incredible watches, wear them and enjoy them :)
Agree with all of this, put yourself in the shoes of the SA, would you allocate people highly sought-after pieces if you suspected they were hoarders and didn't wear their watches?
Old 29 March 2022, 12:49 PM   #13
crispyness87
"TRF" Member

I always wear my APs when I visit the boutiques. And more than once, I would have my sales reps actually tell me she is happy to see marks and scratches on my Royal Oaks, as that meant I’ve been wearing them.
crispyness87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2022, 01:38 PM   #14
zinzanzigara
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispyness87 View Post
I always wear my APs when I visit the boutiques. And more than once, I would have my sales reps actually tell me she is happy to see marks and scratches on my Royal Oaks, as that meant I’ve been wearing them.
Makes complete sense doesn't it?

If you didn't wear your APs to the boutique they'll have to wonder when you do wear them.
Old 29 March 2022, 10:44 PM   #15
spryken
"TRF" Member

I do not know if wearing the AP to the boutique will increase the chances , but I think it’s just a gesture to show that you still keep all your watches in the collection
spryken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2022, 12:08 AM   #16
crispyness87
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Makes complete sense doesn't it?

If you didn't wear your APs to the boutique they'll have to wonder when you do wear them.
Yup I definitely think it makes sense.
crispyness87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2022, 04:15 AM   #17
Nutkunkup
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Anyone have idea what is criteria to get allocate of 50 th RO, have been buying 6 timepieces from AP boutique during July 2020 till April 2021

During April till today, do not get any offer or allocation for my wish list which contains CODE, Offshore, RO. All of my timepieces still in my watch boxes.

I saw several guys post of received it from boutique with less records but all of them have purchase history in year 2021, Does AP consider from year 2021 records only or else, and if they don’t offer we any watch in year 2021, then we are become disqualify or not.

Thanks for all of your advice
How you got 6 pieces within a year ?
Nutkunkup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2022, 07:50 AM   #18
squall1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutkunkup View Post
How you got 6 pieces within a year ?
I think this might have something to do with it actually.
squall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2022, 11:07 AM   #19
CV997
"TRF" Member

In year 2020 AP still not booming, buying their timepieces are more easier as there are only loss and no gain, after first quarter of year 2021, AP start booming and people que on for the timepiece.

During the period I buy rhe timepieces it is not difficult as is really you buy because you love it, not for others purpose.

I keep wearing my watch, but visit boutique occasionally

In year 2020 if you wish to buy AP just affordable and love it.
Old 31 March 2022, 10:24 AM   #20
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
In year 2020 AP still not booming, buying their timepieces are more easier as there are only loss and no gain, after first quarter of year 2021, AP start booming and people que on for the timepiece.

During the period I buy rhe timepieces it is not difficult as is really you buy because you love it, not for others purpose.

I am guessing you spend around 200k plus in one year out of nowhere? did you not have any relationship prior ? Did you just start liking AP in 2020 or did you win the Lottery ? Just curious because the whole scenario seems a bit odd to me. Why not write an email to AP corporate and tell them that you are a fan etc.
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2022, 11:06 AM   #21
CV997
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
I am guessing you spend around 200k plus in one year out of nowhere? did you not have any relationship prior ? Did you just start liking AP in 2020 or did you win the Lottery ? Just curious because the whole scenario seems a bit odd to me. Why not write an email to AP corporate and tell them that you are a fan etc.
I buy AP as feel it better and worth than others brand, their blink and flashy in bracelet, good design and not many have been seen out there when wearing it.

Your question is inpolite to suspect others who are able to spend, no need to win lottery if you want to buy AP, it is reward to your 30 years hard working.
Old 31 March 2022, 11:18 AM   #22
Jsol
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT, AP, DD,
The boutique shared with me that they reward passion and want to invest in customers that will buy for many more years to come. They appreciated the customers who supported them well before they were as popular. Also, they had to send full profiles to corporate for approval. Lastly, they told me horror stories of how demanding and mean customers can be to them. So being nice is the top criteria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 31 March 2022, 12:40 PM   #23
CV997
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsol View Post
The boutique shared with me that they reward passion and want to invest in customers that will buy for many more years to come. They appreciated the customers who supported them well before they were as popular. Also, they had to send full profiles to corporate for approval. Lastly, they told me horror stories of how demanding and mean customers can be to them. So being nice is the top criteria.

Thanks for your sharing
Old 31 March 2022, 01:00 PM   #24
Nutkunkup
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Hard to believe or I am just a bad luck person. I visited Bangkok Ap house so many time in 2020 put interested on 15202, 15500 and some offshore but only 1 watch I got from them which is 15500 in 2021. However, good luck. Are you recently put interested in any piece in 2021 / 2022 before 50th ?
Nutkunkup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2022, 02:26 PM   #25
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsol View Post

That's my understanding as well from the boutique.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2022, 12:21 AM   #26
CV997
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutkunkup View Post
Hard to believe or I am just a bad luck person. I visited Bangkok Ap house so many time in 2020 put interested on 15202, 15500 and some offshore but only 1 watch I got from them which is 15500 in 2021. However, good luck. Are you recently put interested in any piece in 2021 / 2022 before 50th ?
It’s depend on your wish list, I bought 1 RO Chrono which on the shelf in Jul 2020, 1 RO two tone & 1 RO ST for my wife, 1 remaster , 1 Diver, 1 RO 15500ST, from the list there is no Jumbo, no perpetual, so it is more obtainable. It is not a bad luck but depend on your wish list.
Old 1 April 2022, 12:38 PM   #27
rtanjaya
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
CV997, Just be patient.

I am in a similar situation as you, bought 7 from Oct 2019 to Oct 2021. Has not received any 50th allocation yet.

My friend whom i introduced in has already gotten a steel 26240 Green dial. It very much depends on what collection you have at the moment and what watches they have allocated for you. I heard that they would want their collectors to be as 'diversified' as possible.

My situation is not helped by that my SA has just left in January this year, and my account has been handovered to a new lady. I have since touched based with my new SA and she has reassured that she will be closely following up.

I would still say, be patient. The year is still very early, and there might be a few more annoucements.
rtanjaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2022, 01:19 PM   #28
CV997
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtanjaya View Post
CV997, Just be patient.

I am in a similar situation as you, bought 7 from Oct 2019 to Oct 2021. Has not received any 50th allocation yet.

My friend whom i introduced in has already gotten a steel 26240 Green dial. It very much depends on what collection you have at the moment and what watches they have allocated for you. I heard that they would want their collectors to be as 'diversified' as possible.

My situation is not helped by that my SA has just left in January this year, and my account has been handovered to a new lady. I have since touched based with my new SA and she has reassured that she will be closely following up.

I would still say, be patient. The year is still very early, and there might be a few more annoucements.
Thanks for your cheerfull information, keep waiting
Old 1 April 2022, 10:44 PM   #29
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Lots more coming - be patient!
Old 2 April 2022, 12:17 AM   #30
CV997
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conkers View Post