The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 8 July 2022, 05:21 PM   #61
DCheeta
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVR View Post
I never thought that I would be happy with a no date watch and a banal caliber. And yet I very much am.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanosI View Post
It’s because the SO is a beautiful watch, Denis.

I also have a SO with same characteristics which I love a lot
There’s a lot to be said for great design.

Beautiful watches, gents!
DCheeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2022, 09:06 PM   #62
PanosI
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16710
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCheeta View Post
There’s a lot to be said for great design.

That’s true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCheeta View Post

Beautiful watches, gents!

Thanks Dave 🍻
PanosI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2022, 10:30 PM   #63
Bstewart
"TRF" Member

Is the inner dial part of the bezel or the face? How big is the actual face in the 42 or 44 models?
Bstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2022, 03:33 PM   #64
carbon888
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Cyclops l SD43
This watch has made me come into this sub forum for the first time haha! So is this a Tudor movement?
carbon888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2022, 06:46 AM   #65
jackminny15
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Always changin'
Got mine today. Love it! 44 on blue strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
126613LB Submariner "Bluesy" | 126610LN Submariner Date | 126610LV Submariner "Cermit" | 126500LN Daytona "Panda" | Omega Seamaster Diver 300 green | Tudor Black Blay 41 jubilee | Omega Aqua Terra "Summer Blue"
jackminny15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2022, 06:57 AM   #66
Shadow Play
"TRF" Member

I didn’t like them from the press release photos. I then saw them in the window of the Breitling boutique in Edinburgh and have to say I now think they look outstanding.
Shadow Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2022, 09:54 AM   #67
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Breguet Typexx
Went to the Breitling boutique today. Nice watches. Nice straps and bracelets. Finally and adjustable clasp.
Kinnakeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2022, 04:04 PM   #68
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
I had the opportunity Friday to try on the new SO slow motion and the new avenger GMT. Both very nice looking watches.

I was hoping to see a new movement in the new models as I'm a HUGE fan of Breitling. Nope, same old 38 hr Sellita. ZERO magnetic resistance. I love the older ETA versions much better.

Hard for me to spend $4600 or even $250 on anything with a Sellita under the hood. I will wait until Breitling starts installing a quality 3 hand movement in all there watches.

Then I will be sure to give them my attention once again.
Rolex 226570, Explorer II Club
DJ2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2022, 10:26 PM   #69
DVR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Diver watches
Back @ home from a fantastic holiday in Germany. Now I can swap watches but still this one on the wrist. A 'big motor' is not always needed to enjoy a watch. This one is proof of that. What a top watch.
Old 10 July 2022, 11:57 PM   #70
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
Quote:
Originally Posted by john333 View Post
No, it’s a Breitling caliber 17 which is a modified ETA 2824-2.
Breitling has not been able to source a top grade ETA in years. They have been replaced by Sellita sw200-1. Sad to say.
Rolex 226570, Explorer II Club
DJ2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2022, 01:59 AM   #71
DVR
"TRF" Member

Who cares about a (chronometer) caliber if a watch looks as good as this one and is finished to a top level. I can't find any cut corners, even the bezel play is similar to Blancpain . Seriously, I never thought I would have a Sellita watch in my collection but with this watch I just don't care, it's just too good overall.

Old 12 July 2022, 01:50 PM   #72
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
I had the opportunity to see the 44 and 42mm in person today. I was really looking forward to getting the Bronze-Brown model. To say I was underwhelmed would be an understatement. The large circle around the dial makes the watch look tiny, in my opinion. If I didn't know better, I would have said the 44 was a 40 and the 42 was a 38mm. Between the illusion created by the circle on the dial and the case being quite thin for a 44mm dive watch, it just didn't have much "presence" on the wrist. I asked my wife what she thought, as I had it on my wrist, and she says, "eh, it's not all that"

By no means do I intend any disrespect to those who have purchased it and love it, that's great. I guess I just like slightly larger watches. I happen to be wearing my IWC Bronze Aquatimer at the time, and it seemed like a tank compared to the Breitling; maybe I should have worn a smaller watch today! I still really like the pictures on the bronze Super Ocean, I'll give it another shot when they finally release that one. I'm told October.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2022, 02:59 PM   #73
Michael1968
Banned

Watch: UN,RolexTudor&more
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVR View Post
Who cares about a (chronometer) caliber if a watch looks as good as this one and is finished to a top level. I can't find any cut corners, even the bezel play is similar to Blancpain . Seriously, I never thought I would have a Sellita watch in my collection but with this watch I just don't care, it's just too good overall.

Agree and I have nothing to add. This is very very good watch and I love it. Great job Breitling.
Michael1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2022, 10:36 PM   #74
jackminny15
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donas View Post
I had the opportunity to see the 44 and 42mm in person today. I was really looking forward to getting the Bronze-Brown model. To say I was underwhelmed would be an understatement. The large circle around the dial makes the watch look tiny, in my opinion. If I didn't know better, I would have said the 44 was a 40 and the 42 was a 38mm. Between the illusion created by the circle on the dial and the case being quite thin for a 44mm dive watch, it just didn't have much "presence" on the wrist. I asked my wife what she thought, as I had it on my wrist, and she says, "eh, it's not all that"

By no means do I intend any disrespect to those who have purchased it and love it, that's great. I guess I just like slightly larger watches. I happen to be wearing my IWC Bronze Aquatimer at the time, and it seemed like a tank compared to the Breitling; maybe I should have worn a smaller watch today! I still really like the pictures on the bronze Super Ocean, I'll give it another shot when they finally release that one. I'm told October.
It most certainly wears smaller than its size. As I mentioned above in the thread, I was really surprised when I tried on the 42, expecting it to basically look the same as my Submariner. It seemed tiny in comparison. So I bought the 44 and couldn't be happier. Love the watch! If you are looking for something heavy or with a lot of "presence," this watch is definitely not it IMHO.
126613LB Submariner "Bluesy" | 126610LN Submariner Date | 126610LV Submariner "Cermit" | 126500LN Daytona "Panda" | Omega Seamaster Diver 300 green | Tudor Black Blay 41 jubilee | Omega Aqua Terra "Summer Blue"
Old 13 July 2022, 10:38 PM   #75
jackminny15
2024 Pledge Member

Obligatory office pic

Old 13 July 2022, 11:32 PM   #76
DVR
"TRF" Member

To me this without a doubt "the watch" of 2022. It has a superb look, top finish and has enough controversial things to get the traditionalists out of their cave to write how much they dislike it. Always a good thing as there is no such thing as bad publicity.

I have worn it for 2 weeks now and although I have much more expensive watches I can't seem to take it of. Its such a great summer, holiday watch.
Old 14 July 2022, 01:00 AM   #77
Argo98
"TRF" Member

The new superocean is totally amazing! Really upgrade on the breitling catalogue!
Argo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2022, 01:37 AM   #78
donas
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackminny15 View Post
It most certainly wears smaller than its size. As I mentioned above in the thread, I was really surprised when I tried on the 42, expecting it to basically look the same as my Submariner. It seemed tiny in comparison. So I bought the 44 and couldn't be happier. Love the watch! If you are looking for something heavy or with a lot of "presence," this watch is definitely not it IMHO.
Thanks for the input I am wondering if the bronze model will add a few ounces. When I say "presence", I don't mean flashy or anything, I just like a heavier watch. I was really surprised at how the 44 felt on the wrist, don't believe I've ever put on a 44 dive watch that felt so small, it was pretty amazing in its own sense.

Enjoy!
Old 14 July 2022, 02:03 AM   #79
Jbizios
"TRF" Member

Have been going back and forth between the 42 (Silver) and 44 (Turquoise).

It appears to me that the 2mm size difference between the two is taken up by the chapter ring and case, but the size of the dial is exactly the same. Curious if others might know or can comment.

Leaning towards the silver because it blends with the white chapter dial and the entire face looks bigger.
Jbizios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2022, 02:32 AM   #80
donas
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbizios View Post

It appears to me that the 2mm size difference between the two is taken up by the chapter ring and case, but the size of the dial is exactly the same. Curious if others might know or can comment.

Leaning towards the silver because it blends with the white chapter dial and the entire face looks bigger.
I'd definitely recommend trying it on before deciding, don't make a decision based on how other watches in that size class feel! This one is a different creature for sure
Old 19 July 2022, 03:48 PM   #81
returntorolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Jackie Stewart DD
My main gripe is the PCL treatment on bracelets.
returntorolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2022, 05:39 PM   #82
DCheeta
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by returntorolex View Post
My main gripe is the PCL treatment on bracelets.
I definitely agree with you there. I’m never really a fan of PCLs, but especially not on dive watches. The bracelets are great quality, but I’d have to brush the center links if I got one.
DCheeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2022, 07:35 PM   #83
RRGHOST1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex TT SubC Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbizios View Post

These are the two i like aswell. i wish you could get the Silver at 44, but 42 is the biggest, the silver doesnt have the colour making the dial to look smaller.
Will probably get the silver.
Old 20 July 2022, 03:32 AM   #84
Jbizios
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRGHOST1 View Post
These are the two i like aswell. i wish you could get the Silver at 44, but 42 is the biggest, the silver doesnt have the colour making the dial to look smaller.
Will probably get the silver.
Ended up picking up the silver, after spending time looking at both a 44 (Green - all that the dealer had in stock) and the 42 silver to get a real sense of the sizing. And I can confirm that the extra 2mm is taken up by the chapter ring and case. The dial is exactly the same between the two sizes.

Really like the look of the silver and find it more aesthetically pleasing and simpler to read than any colored version at 44.

Agreed about wishing they had a 44 Silver.
Jbizios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2022, 10:46 AM   #85
Pronto0322
"TRF" Member

Just arrived today. Love it. The bracelet is awesome.

Pronto0322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2022, 11:03 AM   #86
Pronto0322
"TRF" Member

Lume shot

Pronto0322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2022, 01:30 AM   #87
DVR
"TRF" Member

Congratulations !

I think this new SO is a stunner. In any color scheme.

After over a month I am still as happy as the day I got it. Beside missing a date it's just perfect for me.
Enjoy!

Old 9 August 2022, 02:29 AM   #88
train-time
"TRF" Member

Watch: All gone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john333 View Post
Love the retro design, and glad to see they added a ceramic bezel to their Superocean line. Can’t wait to the the white dial version in person.
In looking at the Breitling site it looks like the 36mm is the only version listed as having a white dial. They also show the 42mm version with a silver dial option that appears to match the chapter ring. The chapter ring on the 36mm white dial watch appears to be the same silver shown on the 42mm watch based on the pictures. Some of Breitling's silver dial variations do appear to have a soft white patina and not pure silver as on the new Chronomat model.

This is one that you will have to see in person before deciding.
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2022, 07:21 AM   #89
DrOctagon
"TRF" Member

Just wanted to say I didn't like the looks of this watch online, but saw it in-person today and the green one really pops imo
DrOctagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2022, 01:46 AM   #90
DVR
"TRF" Member

I still like wearing the watch a lot but miss a date. Found the perfect solution