The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 9 August 2022, 10:25 PM   #1
Sub24541
"TRF" Member

Zenith Chronomaster Sport vs Omega Speedmaster Racing vs other?

I want to get an automatic chronograph with white dial and black ceramic bezel for MSRP now.
I like the Zenith’s high beat movement but less keen on the bracelet. The Omega has the jumping hour hand but is a little thick. Won’t be able visit an AD for either for a month or two so looking for opinions from those who have compared both or other options.
Sub24541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2022, 10:53 AM   #2
dannyp
Banned

Haven't tried either, but they're both pretty big, and the Omega dial looks pretty busy. Personally, I prefer the Tudor BB Chrono. Not sure when Omega discontinued it (and don't think the bezel is ceramic) but the old three-dial Speedmaster Racing 40mm, with its simpler markings, is a great looking watch.
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2022, 11:23 AM   #3
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD, SD43, GMT2
I tried this on over the weekend, I liked it a lot. https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-o...32932435102001
The thickness of the Omega didn’t stand out to me.

The Zenith is great too. Hard choice between the two. Haven’t tried on the Zenith to judge the bracelet but heard it’s not that great. That said, I thought the leather strap on the Omega wasn’t super either, was a bit thinner and felt less durable than I expected based on pictures.
Wcdhtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2022, 03:54 AM   #4
Jmbarrack
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ever changing!
Zenith Chronomaster Sport vs Omega Speedmaster Racing vs other?

I own a white dial Chronomaster sport and it has quickly become my go-to daily watch.

The watch wears great. Its listed as a 41mm but measures about 40.5 and wears like a true 40. The lug-lug measurement is a compact 46 mm so it sits square on the wrist and very comfortable.

I think the Omega is a 44mm if I'm not mistaking, so depending on your wrist size, the Zenith might be the way to go.

I wear mine on a oysterflex style rubber strap and it's super comfortable and sport. Like I said, it's quickly becoming the watch I just grab and go with.

Some photos below.

Jmbarrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2022, 04:40 AM   #5
Sub24541
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmbarrack View Post
I own a white dial Chronomaster sport and it has quickly become my go-to daily watch.

The watch wears great. Its listed as a 41mm but measures about 40.5 and wears like a true 40. The lug-lug measurement is a compact 46 mm so it sits square on the wrist and very comfortable.

I think the Omega is a 44mm if I'm not mistaking, so depending on your wrist size, the Zenith might be the way to go.

I wear mine on a oysterflex style rubber strap and it's super comfortable and sport. Like I said, it's quickly becoming the watch I just grab and go with.

Some photos below.

Thanks for the reply. What other watches are you neglecting to wear due to your Zenith?
Old 14 August 2022, 09:57 PM   #6
Robinsoncarter
Banned

personally think it’s beautiful
Robinsoncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2022, 12:39 AM   #7
Reelandy
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Some photos below.

Where did you get the oyster style rubber strap if you don’t mind me ask?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reelandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2022, 01:46 AM   #8
Sub24541
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Some photos below.
You’ve convinced me - I’ve pulled the trigger and should get the Zenith this week.
Old 21 August 2022, 03:38 AM   #9
Sub24541
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub24541 View Post
You’ve convinced me - I’ve pulled the trigger and should get the Zenith this week.
On Watchgecko strap
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 7B393E52-C33B-4882-9952-FC377638CD59.jpeg (263.4 KB, 187 views)
Old 11 September 2022, 08:18 PM   #10
PhilOtt
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub24541 View Post
Are you happy with the purchase? How are you feeling about the watch, the price and what other watches are in your current collection?
PhilOtt is offline   Reply With Quote