The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 4 June 2006, 05:49 PM   #1
min3040
"TRF" Member

Watch: ss lv
My first rolex * ^ ^ *

I wanted to SD for so long time finally I decided to go get one yesterday from Liljenquist & Beckstead AD in Bethesda, MD. When I went to the store I saw brand new LV which they just got it couple of days ago. As soon as I saw my LV I had to change my mind from SD to LV. Store manager told me that I am so lucky getting this watch without waiting. I wanted to bargain for price but ever since they explained to me that LV is limited edition it is hard to find. I couldn't ask for any discount. I paid full MSRP $4875 plus 5% sales tax which I paid with cash. Now, I am back home and very pleased with my first Rolex, but I am wondering if I could get some discount specially I paid with cash unlikly credit card which they have to paid some transaction fee. Also, I forgot to ask them to show me the serial number from the watch. I looked my watch but I couldn't find my serial number. Is it important to match the serial number from certification to my watch. I am little worried if need to go back to the store and ask. They are pretty big AD with several location. Anyway, it is great first time rolex. I really love it.

P.S. I couldn't find 3-digit country code. I found several thread ppls couldn't find these code. Is is nomal for D serise model?
min3040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2006, 06:57 PM   #2
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Hi and first welcome to TRF enjoy your new watch, as long as you bought it from a AD you will have no problems.The serial is engraved between the lugs at the 6 o'clock position,and model number between lugs at the 12 o'clock position, bracelet removal to locate them.As for the country code not 100% sure but think now watches for American market don't have the code now on new watches.Watches like the LV are still selling at a premium price from the grey market dealers.So getting little or no discount, is to be expected on that model.In 2004 the Submariner celebrated its 50th Anniversary. Rolex celebrated with a special commemorative model with the green bezel LV. Now this model is still being produced,so I would doubt if it is going to be a serious small numbers production limited edition.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2006, 08:13 PM   #3
Islander

HI there, min3040 and welcome. I agree with everything Padi says above (... and why not )

and would add that you are very lucky indeed to be able to purchase a "walk-in" LV although I have heard that they are beginning to appear like that in very limited numbers around the world.

In UK they are still in very short supply. I picked mine up a couple of months ago after over 18 months wait (from admittedly my very small local Island AD that I like to stick to). They have only had 3 LVs in 2 years (or so they tell me LOL!).

Not at all surprised about the discount: just how lucky are you? Seriously, you just wouldn't expect it, especially if you are not a regular customer (yet!)

It's a lovely watch: that maxi dial is just so easy to read and so bright at night. Enjoy.

Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2006, 09:44 PM   #4
mamas
"TRF" Member

congrats on a great pick up
mamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2006, 10:23 PM   #5
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Hey min. First off welcome to TRF and congratulations on your LV. Padi is pretty much spot on with what he explained in his response. He has a tremendous amount of information is his head about watches in general.
mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2006, 10:27 PM   #6
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116520
Welcome min and congratulations on the watch.

Member #10
Uncle-AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2006, 10:34 PM   #7
Mark
TRF Founder

Watch: PAM 187 / SS LV
I love that watch ! Very good choice. Trust me...you'll be enjoying the compliments daily. Everyone that's ever seen it, says it looks great !
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2006, 11:25 PM   #8
min3040
"TRF" Member

Watch: ss lv
thanks guys. I picked up a lot of information from TRF. TRF is the best rolex community with full of hard core mania.
min3040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2006, 11:31 PM   #9
C.J.
"TRF" Member

Welcome to TRF, min3040, congratulations on a great watch Wear it in the best of health and post some pic's if you can
Old 5 June 2006, 12:54 AM   #10
DocD
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner date
Padi is correct, if you purchased the watch from an AD in the U.S.A. I wouldn't be too concerned regarding finding the serial number. The serial number will be on the warranty card, and will certainly match the serial number on the watch which is between the lugs at the 6 o'clock position as Padi stated.

Additionally, the U.S.A. does NOT have the 3 digit code preceding the serial number on the warranty card, and the serial code is typed on the card. In other countries the serial number and 3 digit code are perforated dots on the warranty card. Rolex U.S.A. does things a little different.

Consider yourself lucky and your timing perfect to be able to walk into an AD and find a subLV. AD's are not allowed to charge a premium on Rolex, but grey market sellers and aftermarket prices can be very high. Congrats on the watch, it's a great choice and wear it well.
DocD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2006, 03:23 AM   #11
CANTAFFORDONE

congratulations min!! I have this watch too and for sure this watch is not a limited edition piece. They say that perhaps because they don't move that many units. U are a lucky one to just walk in as I have been on a waiting list about a year or so... Enjoy a sweet watch and as I have learned this forums is the best by far for Rolex... The infinite wisdom and knowledge is great!
CANTAFFORDONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2006, 06:29 AM   #12
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANTAFFORDONE
congratulations min!! I have this watch too and for sure this watch is not a limited edition piece. They say that perhaps because they don't move that many units. U are a lucky one to just walk in as I have been on a waiting list about a year or so... Enjoy a sweet watch and as I have learned this forums is the best by far for Rolex... The infinite wisdom and knowledge is great!
Not so sure that the knowledge is anything near infinite... but it is informed and well meant
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2006, 08:24 PM   #13
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Hi Min,

Welcome to TRF...and congrats on the SD....excellent watch. I think in the USA they don't have country codes like other places. For e.g. you will see my warranty has the country code 810 which stands for Australia. I live in NZ and we get all our Rolex watches from Rolex HQ in Melbourne, Australia.

Cheers - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2006, 10:34 PM   #14
Earl
"TRF" Member

Watch: out
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani
Hi Min,

Welcome to TRF...and congrats on the SD....excellent watch. I think in the USA they don't have country codes like other places. For e.g. you will see my warranty has the country code 810 which stands for Australia. I live in NZ and we get all our Rolex watches from Rolex HQ in Melbourne, Australia.

Cheers - JJ

JJ you goof!!! put your glasses on and take your meds ;o) min3040 has opted for the LV over the SD.... I just can't understand this being a SD owner myself.
Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2006, 10:37 PM   #15
Earl
"TRF" Member

Watch: out
btw min3040, Welcome to TRF and congratulations on your LV and don't pay any mind to JJ as he forgets to take his MEDs all the time ;o) AND if you haven't noticed JJ is full of................... hmmmmm information yes thats my story and I'm sticking with it. :o)
Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2006, 02:11 AM   #16
GerardoG
Banned

Watch: ALL of them
Congrats!
GerardoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2006, 04:32 AM   #17
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
JJ you goof!!! put your glasses on and take your meds ;o) min3040 has opted for the LV over the SD.... I just can't understand this being a SD owner myself.
Oops...okay, okay so he bought the LV. Was still answering his PS question...
P.S. I couldn't find 3-digit country code. I found several thread ppls couldn't find these code. Is is nomal for D serise model? about the country codes on the warranty sheet!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2006, 01:00 PM   #18
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Hope it's not too late to add my welcome to TRF, min. Glad you could join our merry madhouse.

Don't worry about your LV. L&B are reputable ADs. They would not sell you a fake. And the fact that you got it for list is a plus, since that's one of the models they do not discount (at least at the moment).

Wear it in good health and enjoy it.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote