The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 4 June 2006, 12:08 AM   #1
CANTAFFORDONE

Seeking the Help from All Rolex bearers!!

After grabbing in anticipation the 16610 LV Sub late last night I came across the TT Y achtmaster like the one JJ has as his avatar....

It looks so damn good in person I now think I want it! Compared to the platinum version, for the extra 400.00 I believe, I think it is like a work of art.

Okay, Roebel's said they would do 8200.00 without charging tax..... I also came across a dealer (not AD for Rolex ) and he said that the markup on a ROlex from Rolex to dealer was insane!!!

So I guess I have questions about the retail price. Is it worth getting the watch in question for lets say 20% off and not go to an AD or pay the full amt and having peace of mind??? thanks-l
CANTAFFORDONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2006, 12:26 AM   #2
Prince
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Sub/GMT/DJ
LOL @ your username!
Old 4 June 2006, 12:47 AM   #3
l4ndshrk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANTAFFORDONE
After grabbing in anticipation the 16610 LV Sub late last night I came across the TT Y achtmaster like the one JJ has as his avatar....

It looks so damn good in person I now think I want it! Compared to the platinum version, for the extra 400.00 I believe, I think it is like a work of art.

Okay, Roebel's said they would do 8200.00 without charging tax..... I also came across a dealer (not AD for Rolex ) and he said that the markup on a ROlex from Rolex to dealer was insane!!!

So I guess I have questions about the retail price. Is it worth getting the watch in question for lets say 20% off and not go to an AD or pay the full amt and having peace of mind??? thanks-l
i'm no expert here...but you can probably do much better in price. i'm considering purchasing the TT yachtmaster and just posted a thread on the subject...i was quoted $7011 from an AD...
l4ndshrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2006, 01:14 AM   #4
C.J.
"TRF" Member

That's a tough decision. I, personally would rather go through an AD if buying a new watch, but that's just me though. I would think you could get a fair bit off of the TT YM at an AD. Good luck
Old 4 June 2006, 06:16 AM   #5
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:

I bought my TT Blue YM last June and paid a final out-the-door price of just US$7,000. So $8,200 would be WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much.

20% sounds fantastic!!! BE CAREFUL!! That discount would bring the price down a too-good-to-be-true $6,560!! Are you prepared to risk that? Check out the watch with an AD even if you have to pay a hundred bucks to do so. If all is well then you will be saving a big chunk of $$$.

Good luck, pal - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2006, 07:58 AM   #6
CANTAFFORDONE

yeah, my user name is pretty funny!!!! I'll probably change it since I can afford one after buying it last night!

JJ, that TT Yachtmaster is so damn nice in person, but how in the world would an AD let it go for 7,000.00?? I'm not new to sales but the world of Rolex is anyone's oyster it seems.

It appears these are not random or common because my countless window shopping efforts have led me to believe. I mean I have seen the full size Platinum at almost EVERY AD's window, even though I dig em.

Still Locally Frederick Roebel has one for the list, so how to get it for 7,000.00???

Is the Platinum going for 7850?
Old 4 June 2006, 08:05 AM   #7
Prince
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Sub/GMT/DJ
Quote:
yeah, my user name is pretty funny!!!! I'll probably change it since I can afford one after buying it last night!...
LOL - Congratulations, CAO!!!

I hope you will grace TRF with pics of your new purchase! Wear in the best of health!
Old 4 June 2006, 10:11 PM   #8
mailman
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
yeah, my user name is pretty funny!!!! I'll probably change it since I can afford one after buying it last night!

JJ, that TT Yachtmaster is so damn nice in person, but how in the world would an AD let it go for 7,000.00?? I'm not new to sales but the world of Rolex is anyone's oyster it seems.

It appears these are not random or common because my countless window shopping efforts have led me to believe. I mean I have seen the full size Platinum at almost EVERY AD's window, even though I dig em.

Still Locally Frederick Roebel has one for the list, so how to get it for 7,000.00???

Is the Platinum going for 7850?
It isn't uncommon for people to get discounts on a new Rolex that isn't a SS Daytona or an LV.
mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2006, 03:36 AM   #9
CANTAFFORDONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4ndshrk
i'm no expert here...but you can probably do much better in price. i'm considering purchasing the TT yachtmaster and just posted a thread on the subject...i was quoted $7011 from an AD...
was that before or after taxes?

I mean if I can get it for that price OTD then I will just do it!
It looks too good!
Old 5 June 2006, 11:00 AM   #10
Mr. K
"TRF" Member

On a TT model, you should be able o get a decent discount from an AD.

If you can get a dealer out of state you do not have to pay tax either. 
Mr. K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2006, 10:29 AM   #11
Russel

Watch: Submariner, GMT II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. K
On a TT model, you should be able o get a decent discount from an AD.

If you can get a dealer out of state you do not have to pay tax either. 
...Well, you are suppose to when you file your state tax...but...
Russel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2006, 09:41 PM   #12
s7horton
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613LB, 126610…..
7011 sounds like a price in Mexico. (7380 list in Mexico minus 5% discount) 8200 is list in the US, and it's tough to get dealers to budge from that price. Especially on the blue dial. The white dial TT YM is much more common around me. Other countries don't have as much trouble. Because I picked mine up outside the US, I was at 7000 out the door. THat was without pushing them on price.

The platinum does have a list of 7850 in the US.
s7horton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2006, 04:57 AM   #13
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7horton
7011 sounds like a price in Mexico. (7380 list in Mexico minus 5% discount) 8200 is list in the US, and it's tough to get dealers to budge from that price. Especially on the blue dial. The white dial TT YM is much more common around me. Other countries don't have as much trouble. Because I picked mine up outside the US, I was at 7000 out the door. THat was without pushing them on price.

The platinum does have a list of 7850 in the US.

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 8 June 2006, 03:13 PM   #14
steve-o
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue TT Sub
Mine was US$ 6400 out the door.

I also bought a GMT II in black for a friend for US$ 3600.

Cheers,
Steve-O
Old 8 June 2006, 04:01 PM   #15
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnugg View Post
Mine was US$ 6400 out the door.

I also bought a GMT II in black for a friend for US$ 3600.

Cheers,
Steve-O
WOW!! You seem to be getting super-fabulous deals!! How the hell do you manage that?

Old 8 June 2006, 05:56 PM   #16
steve-o
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue TT Sub
I go to one of only two ADs for Rolex here in Bahrain. I found if you paid cash, he was cheaper than the Bahrian and Dubai duty free as well.

The store is called "The Modern Art Studio W.L.L."
They sell Longine, Rolex and Tudor.

Basically, I couldn't afford not to buy another watch. If I think like my wife when she shops..."I made money."

Cheers,
Steve-O
Old 8 June 2006, 10:03 PM   #17
s7horton
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613LB, 126610…..
Yep, there is no denying, 6400 for a TT is a fantastic price. Nice work!
s7horton is offline   Reply With Quote