The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 13 February 2019, 08:13 AM   #211
Busyboy
"TRF" Member

Santos Cartier
Busyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2019, 08:17 AM   #212
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busyboy View Post
Santos Cartier
The new model? Did you own it?
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2019, 08:28 AM   #213
Busyboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet knight View Post
The new model? Did you own it?
Hi... Was a pre-owned... Honestly not entirely sure 100% which exact reference....

But basically, hoped for more based on history and was ultimately left wanting...

As a dress watch in its own right, no worries.... But ... I guess I'm a Rolex guy
Busyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2019, 10:11 AM   #214
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
The BLNR. Bought and sold it when the secondary price was below market then.

Reason why I parted with it was because I felt the supercase was too chunky (I prefer slimmer lugs) and I got bored of the simple black dial fairly quickly. I could live with the PCL if it is on a dressier piece, but a PCL on a tool watch/beater is just a pain.

I only have a Rolex now, which is the sunburst blue DJ36. Yes, it has a PCL but I think it looks more compatible with the DJ.
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2019, 01:28 PM   #215
BNABOD
"TRF" Member

This

Didn’t like the tumor at 10, didn’t like the Matt bezel insert , didn’t like the lack of auto adjust in the clasp and it was too thick . Not a bad watch just not for me

Then the BBB
Just loved the blue color but too slabish
BNABOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2019, 06:51 AM   #216
stockae92
"TRF" Member

The older Omega Seamaster with black wave dial. The lume plain sucks and ruined the ownership experience. I couldn't sell it fast enough when I had it.

Online web photo
stockae92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2019, 01:25 PM   #217
KevWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 and 126621
x

Last edited by KevWatch; 14 February 2019 at 01:28 PM.. Reason: wrong forum!
KevWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 04:52 PM   #218
dexter86
"TRF" Member

I agree with the Omega Planet Ocean, its just too thick
dexter86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 11:53 PM   #219
GSDLover
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5205r-010
Cartier roadster Centennial. Sharp edges . It hurt to wear.
GSDLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2019, 06:28 AM   #220
WorldTyme
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT Master
JLC Reverso -- nice watch, but just didn't feel nor look right when I wore it. Sold it & moved on.
WorldTyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2019, 09:57 AM   #221
Sublovin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldTyme View Post
JLC Reverso -- nice watch, but just didn't feel nor look right when I wore it. Sold it & moved on.
Wildly popular watch, and not quite sure why.
Old 18 June 2019, 11:46 AM   #222
SROB
"TRF" Member

I got rid of my Journe CB. Beautiful watch, was too thin for me... and I have a 6 1/2 wrist

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2019, 12:29 PM   #223
Cdaddylutz
"TRF" Member

Watch: N/A
I thought the explorer 2 42 mm was the most durable? Others have said on this thread it feels cheap and light? I was actually considering this watch
Cdaddylutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2019, 01:30 PM   #224
TJMike
Banned

ALS 1815 Up/Down. The movement is heavenly, the finishing is majestic, the dial is blah. Tried to convince myself that I could love a watch with Arabic numerals. And while there a few watches, I adore that have Arabic numerals the 1815 ended up not being one of them. Had it a couple of months and luckily sold it to a friend for the same price I paid.
TJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2019, 02:26 PM   #225
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdaddylutz View Post
I thought the explorer 2 42 mm was the most durable? Others have said on this thread it feels cheap and light? I was actually considering this watch

I do not believe it feels cheap and light at all. It’s impressive IMO. Easily the most legible Rolex made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2019, 08:00 PM   #226
supersam80
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN, 26331ST
VC OS, both three hand and chrono models. Love it in photos but just doesn't do it for me in person, made even worse by the price

JLC Polaris, the whole line in general (although I wouldn't mind a look at one of those new limited run models)
supersam80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2019, 11:23 PM   #227
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJMike View Post
ALS 1815 Up/Down. The movement is heavenly, the finishing is majestic, the dial is blah. Tried to convince myself that I could love a watch with Arabic numerals. And while there a few watches, I adore that have Arabic numerals the 1815 ended up not being one of them. Had it a couple of months and luckily sold it to a friend for the same price I paid.
Still friends?
ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2019, 12:08 AM   #228
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
Still friends?
Probably not
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2019, 12:48 AM   #229
hitman23
"TRF" Member

Panerai 372 - could not get used to the size at 47mm.
hitman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2019, 12:56 AM   #230
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman23 View Post
Panerai 372 - could not get used to the size at 47mm.
Sacrilege

I get it, they aren’t for everyone but damn that’s sure is a classic by Panerai
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2019, 06:15 AM   #231
kunlun
"TRF" Member

I caught myself flipping through to see if anyone hated a watch I love!
kunlun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2019, 08:50 AM   #232
gilluminati204
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexRolexRolex
The Daytona as well. The idea of it was better than the watch itself.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
gilluminati204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2019, 10:35 AM   #233
TJMike
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
Still friends?
Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
Probably not
I am on the waitlist for the FPJ Chronomètre Bleu (was told should be receiving it early next year). After deciding the watch is not for me, my friend will be getting the Bleu at MSRP. In other words, we are still friends.
TJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2019, 11:16 AM   #234
Jace
"TRF" Member

Watch: Platinum DD 40
The list is long.

All 5 Panerai that I bought. I just never could warm up to this watch but it just wasn’t for lack of trying.

I will definitely get flamed for this but I just couldn’t get into the Lange 1. It lasted only three days.

Ulysse Nardin annual Calendar Marine Chronograph. It’s a very flashy watch but at the end of the day it was just too shiny.

JLC. I have owned a couple and although I deeply respect the brand and their innovation, I just didn’t like them on my wrist.

The old Rolex Deep Sea. I love the fact that they didn’t have the cyclops, but for whatever reason it hurt my wrist. I tried and tried and tried.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2019, 03:07 AM   #235
shafran
"TRF" Member

What was wrong w the Lange?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerdj View Post
The Grand Lange One Moon Phase
I love that watch
shafran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2019, 03:13 AM   #236
Frits1980
"TRF" Member

Several, mainly size issues. Not many ads close so often i have to buy online based on pics/clips.

Breguet marine big date. Wanted it so much, till the package came and put on the '7+wrist. It didnt work. Weird fit and flimsy. Blancpain Bathyscape: Such a cool piece but that damn 43mm simply ruins the whole watch and makes it look like a fashion watch. AP Royal Oak 15450: Tiny dial makes the watch way to small for me.

I have learned that if you question the size its done. With the perfect fit that question simply does not pop up in your head.
Frits1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2019, 05:33 AM   #237
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Alright, I know I'll get a ton of flack since it's the hottest watch on the market...but the 5711/1A blue. After all the hype, all the exposure, all the commentary on this forum, I finally got a chance to see one in the metal about a month ago.

I don't know if Rolex bracelet quality ruined everything else for me, but I wasn't a fan of the 5711 bracelet feel/heft at all. I wasn't a fan of the small date window. The dial didn't blow me away like I expected either. Personally, I think the 15202 has a higher degree of finishing too.

I also started to get enamored with the Patek 5975 from pictures and videos (I love the unique layout for reading three different scales). It's an anniversary, limited edition piece and with everyone focused on sports watches, the prices for these are compelling. Saw it in person...did nothing for me. I didn't think the strong, angular case fit the charm of the dial.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2019, 09:05 AM   #238
Doctock
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
Alright, I know I'll get a ton of flack since it's the hottest watch on the market...but the 5711/1A blue. After all the hype, all the exposure, all the commentary on this forum, I finally got a chance to see one in the metal about a month ago.

I don't know if Rolex bracelet quality ruined everything else for me, but I wasn't a fan of the 5711 bracelet feel/heft at all. I wasn't a fan of the small date window. The dial didn't blow me away like I expected either. Personally, I think the 15202 has a higher degree of finishing too.

I also started to get enamored with the Patek 5975 from pictures and videos (I love the unique layout for reading three different scales). It's an anniversary, limited edition piece and with everyone focused on sports watches, the prices for these are compelling. Saw it in person...did nothing for me. I didn't think the strong, angular case fit the charm of the dial.
No flack from me! I agree with you and was contemplating posting how this watch totally underwhelmed me when I finally was able to meet one in the metal.

I was wearing a Rolex Hulk the day I ran into someone wearing a PP 5711. Conversation started and I was able to wrangle a few minutes with it on my wrist.
Immediate impression: Super thin but to the point of feeling flimsy and sharp edged - not elegant and refined. Date window so small the dial would be better off without date function. Certainly did not feel substantial - again, immediate comparison before and after was a modern Rolex case and bracelet.
Doctock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2019, 11:14 AM   #239
kunlun
"TRF" Member

I've tried on a minute repeater from a high end brand (who shall go unnamed), AND THE REPEATER DIDN'T WORK

Give my high expectations of getting to hear it, that was my greatest disappointment! Clock-blocked!

Consoled myself at the Breguet boutique, their repeater worked perfectly.
kunlun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2019, 06:36 PM   #240
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctock View Post
No flack from me! I agree with you and was contemplating posting how this watch totally underwhelmed me when I finally was able to meet one in the metal.

I was wearing a Rolex Hulk the day I ran into someone wearing a PP 5711. Conversation started and I was able to wrangle a few minutes with it on my wrist.
Immediate impression: Super thin but to the point of feeling flimsy and sharp edged - not elegant and refined. Date window so small the dial would be better off without date function. Certainly did not feel substantial - again, immediate comparison before and after was a modern Rolex case and bracelet.
Not to hijack the thread but this doesn't surprise me, even more so if coming from a Rolex diver. I am always a little puzzled how some people like both the Hulk and the 5711. One is a substantial and robust (and in case of the Hulk pretty loud) sports / tool watch with a magnifier for the date (that you either love or don't) while the other is an elegant, dressy sports (or sporty dress) watch that is obviously more subtle, less substantial, and less robust (especially in terms of getting banged up). Completely different design goals and languages.
ts3 is online now   Reply With Quote