The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 29 March 2008, 08:47 AM   #1
mikea
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and AP
authenticwatches.com

has anyone done business with authenticwatches.com...legit?
mikea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2008, 10:00 AM   #2
cbrenthus
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing my second hand
I don't know anyone that has done business with them, but I looked at their site. They look legit to me, except for the part where they tell you not to ship watches back to them at their location but rather a PO box.
cbrenthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2008, 10:06 AM   #3
frostie
1,000,000th PostMember

From the title of the webpage it does sound legit

honestly i have never heard of them

GMT - Master II C - 116710 LN
frostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2008, 04:35 PM   #4
jasonbellevue
"TRF" Member

They look legitimate, but you have to wonder why some of the description on their watches have this:

"WITH MANUFACTURER SERIAL NUMBERS"

...and some don't.
Old 29 March 2008, 04:43 PM   #5
cmr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbellevue View Post
They look legitimate, but you have to wonder why some of the description on their watches have this:

"WITH MANUFACTURER SERIAL NUMBERS"

...and some don't.
because they do have some grey market watches that have the serial numbers removed. the factory will never service those watches. the ones that have the serial numbers they will. it is a very big difference. they are legit but they are way to expensive in my opinion.

OA-Black dial SS Daytona, V-White dial SS Daytona, Z-GMT2C
Wife, Z-Platinum Yacht Master, Black ceramic White dial SS Daytona,
cmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2008, 06:14 PM   #6
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmr View Post
because they do have some grey market watches that have the serial numbers removed. the factory will never service those watches. the ones that have the serial numbers they will. it is a very big difference. they are legit but they are way to expensive in my opinion.
Omega will service a watch that has a SN removed or crossed out.
Old 29 March 2008, 06:39 PM   #7
cmr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
Omega will service a watch that has a SN removed or crossed out.
i guess that shouldn't surprise me. if i would have thought about it i would have excluded them from that statement because anybody can order genuine omega parts without a serial number from ofrei or borel. i can't think of any other higher end watch you can do that with. you certainly can't get genuine rolex or breitling parts without the serial number of the watch the parts are going on and they certainly won't touch one.

i stand corrected sir.

Old 29 March 2008, 06:46 PM   #8
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
i guess that shouldn't surprise me. if i would have thought about it i would have excluded them from that statement because anybody can order genuine omega parts without a serial number from ofrei or borel. i can't think of any other higher end watch you can do that with. you certainly can't get genuine rolex or breitling parts without the serial number of the watch the parts are going on and they certainly won't touch one.

i stand corrected sir.
Marcus, I wasn't trying to correct you at all. I just didn't know if you knew it or not, that's all.
Old 29 March 2008, 07:44 PM   #9
cmr
"TRF" Member

no, no, no, lol

i didn't mean it like that, when i read your post i started laughing at myself thinking about how i should have thought of that knowing that anybody can buy parts for them. it is difficult to read and write emotions but i am still laughing at myself for not thinking about that before i posted it!

Old 20 April 2008, 06:57 AM   #10
NickTiming

Watch: daytona+ royal oak
i personally purchase an omega planet ocean seamaster from them, of course the watch was perfect but they do not give you any papers, the only proof you have that its real is their word and maybe if you go to a store who can identify, but they ask not to go to OMEGA store, they do not give you the original warranty, absolutly nothing identifying the watch to its coming from a real manufact. i honeslty will never purchase from them again, it was a hassel getting them to understand that i wanted to recieve the original papers apart from just the box manual and their (authenticwatches.com) warranty which didnt mean anything as if you read well they have major loop holes, everything about that company seems bizare.

if you have any questions feel free to ask away. i hope this will help. please remember and consider that i like to have my watches with everything, some just like to get the watch and that is all. yes you pay cheaper but for something cheaper!.
NickTiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2008, 08:51 AM   #11
vegasvince
"TRF" Member

Watch: one from ShopNBC!
I purchased a Breitling SA from them two years ago, and were pleased with the service. I wouldn't buy from them anymore, however, as their prices are pretty much the same as one from an AD.

SeaDweller "Z"
Yachtmaster "Z"
Oyster Perpetual "M"
vegasvince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2008, 09:02 AM   #12
cmr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTiming View Post
i personally purchase an omega planet ocean seamaster from them, of course the watch was perfect but they do not give you any papers, the only proof you have that its real is their word and maybe if you go to a store who can identify, but they ask not to go to OMEGA store, they do not give you the original warranty, absolutly nothing identifying the watch to its coming from a real manufact. i honeslty will never purchase from them again, it was a hassel getting them to understand that i wanted to recieve the original papers apart from just the box manual and their (authenticwatches.com) warranty which didnt mean anything as if you read well they have major loop holes, everything about that company seems bizare.

if you have any questions feel free to ask away. i hope this will help. please remember and consider that i like to have my watches with everything, some just like to get the watch and that is all. yes you pay cheaper but for something cheaper!.
i don't know much about omega but don't they put serial numbers on their watches? a genuine rolex is very easy to identify for the service center or an ad. all they have to do is look at the serial numbers between the lugs at the 6 o'clock position. omega don't have serial numbers? if they do i don't see the problem.

have you needed the warranty? if so authentic watches has not taken care of your problem? if the watch needs to be repaired and it is a genuine omega their service center will work on it.

i got my wifes rolex platinum yacht master from swiss luxury and it came with all the proper papers, boxes and manuals exactly like the gmt2c i bought from my ad did. i even checked the numbers on the paperwork and they match the watch. i have had absolutely no problem with them and if they are cheaper when i make my next purchase i won't have any problem using them.

the watches are the same it doesn't matter who you bought them from. my wifes watch isn't worth less money just because it came from a wholesaler although the ad's would like you to believe that because they didn't make a profit from the sale.

Old 21 April 2008, 11:00 PM   #13
NickTiming

Watch: daytona+ royal oak
Quote:
i don't know much about omega but don't they put serial numbers on their watches? a genuine rolex is very easy to identify for the service center or an ad. all they have to do is look at the serial numbers between the lugs at the 6 o'clock position. omega don't have serial numbers? if they do i don't see the problem.

have you needed the warranty? if so authentic watches has not taken care of your problem? if the watch needs to be repaired and it is a genuine omega their service center will work on it.

i got my wifes rolex platinum yacht master from swiss luxury and it came with all the proper papers, boxes and manuals exactly like the gmt2c i bought from my ad did. i even checked the numbers on the paperwork and they match the watch. i have had absolutely no problem with them and if they are cheaper when i make my next purchase i won't have any problem using them.

the watches are the same it doesn't matter who you bought them from. my wifes watch isn't worth less money just because it came from a wholesaler although the ad's would like you to believe that because they didn't make a profit from the sale.

you were lucky to purchase them from swiss luxury then because authenticwatches only gives you a manual and their warranty card, i called them to retrieve the original papers and it took them 2 weeks to answer me that they coudlnt, each sales person speaking a very harsh english gave me a dif story each time as to why they couldnt get it. when you buy a chrono planet ocean seamaster you requier something legit. now you got it from someone else who does good business, i will have to look into them but know that my stand and it is firm is that authenticwatches can seriously, no one will change my mind about them, they screwed me, thats all there is to it, and i will never refer someone to go buy a watch via them, on the other hand i will do everything i can to reduce friends and random people from buying from them! sorry maybe im hard on this but that how it is. italians have a tuff personality, mostly north
NickTiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2008, 01:21 AM   #14
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex TT GMT II c
Good to know about authenticwatches.com. I'll never buy from them either.

Thanks

Terry Newton

"Z" SS Date Submariner
"Z" TT GMT-Master IIc
Terry Newton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2008, 08:41 AM   #15
ilusv
"TRF" Member

Which websites do you guys recommend buying from?
ilusv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2008, 05:13 PM   #16
cmr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTiming View Post
you were lucky to purchase them from swiss luxury then because authenticwatches only gives you a manual and their warranty card, i called them to retrieve the original papers and it took them 2 weeks to answer me that they coudlnt, each sales person speaking a very harsh english gave me a dif story each time as to why they couldnt get it. when you buy a chrono planet ocean seamaster you requier something legit. now you got it from someone else who does good business, i will have to look into them but know that my stand and it is firm is that authenticwatches can seriously, no one will change my mind about them, they screwed me, thats all there is to it, and i will never refer someone to go buy a watch via them, on the other hand i will do everything i can to reduce friends and random people from buying from them! sorry maybe im hard on this but that how it is. italians have a tuff personality, mostly north
i have looked at their breitlings before and their prices ran me off. they are too high for me to have ever thought about doing business with them. i have seen allot of people on this forum say the papers don't matter because you will get new ones when the watch is serviced. i guess that is true but if i ever buy an expensive watch without all of the proper paperwork and packaging it will be at a very substantial discount. it certainly won't be some 15 or 20%. it will have to be allot more than that. swiss luxury had absolutely no problem with my request.

Old 7 August 2008, 09:29 PM   #17
lordcon
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600 SD_Z serial
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilusv View Post
Which websites do you guys recommend buying from?
www.bernardwatch.com - very reputable online dealer with an actual brick-and-mortar location in TX.
lordcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2008, 10:50 PM   #18
BigHat
Banned

Watch: Lange One MP
Alan Furman and Swiss Luxury have pretty solid reps.
BigHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2008, 11:13 PM   #19
Noonan
Banned

Watch: 3570.50
I just made a purchase from authenticwatches.com and couldn't be happier. I received it the day after I placed the order well packaged. The watch was exactly as described for a great price. I'd gladly buy from them again.
Noonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2008, 12:25 AM   #20
cmr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
I just made a purchase from authenticwatches.com and couldn't be happier. I received it the day after I placed the order well packaged. The watch was exactly as described for a great price. I'd gladly buy from them again.
but did it have all the serial numbers intact and all of the original paperwork and packaging? i think that was the previous poster's biggest complaint.

Old 8 August 2008, 02:30 AM   #21
Noonan
Banned

Quote:
but did it have all the serial numbers intact and all of the original paperwork and packaging? i think that was the previous poster's biggest complaint.
Absolutely. The watch was brand new with all the blue stickers covering the metal parts of the clasp and the clear plastic covering the dial. They included the paperwork in an envelope in the shipping box. The SN is perfectly clear on the back of the case with nothing crossed or scratched out. The box the watch came in looked like it had never been touched. This is a Longines watch so I don't know if the models they have from Omega are any different.

They even called me the evening I placed the order to confirm that it had shipped and to give me the tracking #.
Old 8 August 2008, 04:54 AM   #22
ilusv
"TRF" Member

Thanks so much for the feedback; I will check them out (Bernardwatch.com, Alan Furman and Swiss Luxury)
Old 8 August 2008, 05:28 AM   #23
cmr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Absolutely. The watch was brand new with all the blue stickers covering the metal parts of the clasp and the clear plastic covering the dial. They included the paperwork in an envelope in the shipping box. The SN is perfectly clear on the back of the case with nothing crossed or scratched out. The box the watch came in looked like it had never been touched. This is a Longines watch so I don't know if the models they have from Omega are any different.

They even called me the evening I placed the order to confirm that it had shipped and to give me the tracking #.

if i understood the previous poster correctly they only sent a manual and a authenticwatches warranty card. no factory stuff that should have come with the watch. when he contacted them about it they wouldn't give him a striate answer about it. personally i would have sent the watch back to them. their prices are way too high for that kind of service. i have heard complaints from breitling buyers about the serial numbers being removed from the watches so the factory will never service them. my breitling ad will match their prices and i get a factory warranty with it.

Old 8 August 2008, 05:33 AM   #24
Noonan
Banned

Quote:
if i understood the op correctly they only sent a manual and a authenticwatches warranty card. no factory stuff that should have come with the watch. when he contacted them about it they wouldn't give him a striate answer about it. personally i would have sent the watch back to them. their prices are way too high for that kind of service. i have heard complaints from breitling buyers about the serial numbers being removed from the watches so the factory will never service them. my breitling ad will match their prices and i get a factory warranty with it.
I definitely got better service than that. Mine had all the paperwork and the SN is in-tact. I would have sent it back too if the SN was tampered with. That's unacceptable. The model in particular I bought was on a special sale with them so the price was better than anywhere else I could find. The same model with a different color leather band was $400 more even from them.
Old 8 August 2008, 06:23 AM   #25
ilusv
"TRF" Member

They have an Oris that I am interested in at 52% of market price; so it’s a very enticing but I am having second thoughts after reading some of the responses
Old 8 August 2008, 06:28 AM   #26
Noonan
Banned

I double checked the listing for the watch I bought and it does list With Manufacturers Serial Number. I'd be wary about ordering one that doesn't say that after reading some of the feedback from this thread.

You may also want to check out jomashop.com. I don't think they've been mentioned yet. I haven't ordered from them personally but I've heard nothing but good things.
Old 8 August 2008, 07:53 AM   #27
mikea
"TRF" Member

just ordered an oris from them...i'll post when recieve the package
Old 21 August 2008, 10:07 AM   #28
ilusv
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikea View Post
just ordered an oris from them...i'll post when recieve the package

Did ever get that Oris?
Old 21 August 2008, 11:30 PM   #29
mikea
"TRF" Member

I apologize...I did recieve the watch, box, paperwork, and the whole nine yards. I recieved the watch the day after...everything was first class!
Old 22 August 2008, 02:51 PM   #30
ilusv
"TRF" Member

No worries :) thanks for the update