The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Reference Library

Old 15 June 2015, 02:44 AM   #31
RolleyBoys
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex DateJust
Quote:
Originally Posted by liuk3 View Post
Yeah, that's what I'm trying to figure out. Not much feedback on it from anyone. Thanks.
I think you'll be perfectly fine, if you're going to swap the bezel 2-3 times on your watch. Good luck & hopes everything goes perfect !
RolleyBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2015, 02:48 AM   #32
jamesbondOO7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex or nothing
Joke's method is interesting but can be streamlined. I put the bezel back on, align the insert and push the insert in without pulling out the bezel again. One has to use the table to secure the insert because it never works with just the thumbs. I also keep my watches a lot cleaner under the bezel than Joke.
Old 15 June 2015, 03:19 AM   #33
BNA/LION
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Icon7 Changing A Bezel Insert...by Jocke..

Thanks for the Great Tutorial!

Jocke: I am surprised you don't ha ROLEX Masking Tape.

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2015, 04:27 AM   #34
liuk3
"TRF" Member

Definitely appreciate the feedback and responses.
Old 28 June 2015, 05:22 PM   #35
ratty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas and Subs
I enjoyed this thread.

Can someone tell me what actually holds the bezel onto the watch case please?
ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2015, 08:01 AM   #36
VinnieVegas
"TRF" Member

Watch: '06 GMT Master II
This is excellent and thanks for sharing. But I just don't have the nerve to do it myself!

* Seiko SRP777 (2017)
VinnieVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2015, 04:02 PM   #37
CAL3135
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbondOO7 View Post
Joke's method is interesting but can be streamlined. I put the bezel back on, align the insert and push the insert in without pulling out the bezel again. One has to use the table to secure the insert because it never works with just the thumbs. I also keep my watches a lot cleaner under the bezel than Joke.
+1 for this. I've done it this way with 100% success rate. The other thing to be mindful of is the thin spacer sitting under the click-spring. If you haven't done this before, and the spacer comes off, make sure you place it back so it sits under the click-spring.
CAL3135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2015, 03:40 AM   #38
Brauner Hund
"TRF" Member

I've read Jocke's tutorial a few times; but what's holding me back is my inability to visualise what's holding the bezel in place and what it is that's getting 'popped'....and what then subsequently clicks to hold the bezel back in place.

Is anyone able to show / explain the mechanics of what holds the bezel in place?

(I'm thinking that a length of nylon cord (such as an internal cord from a length of paracord) could be looped around the bezel and 'wound tight' - à la tourniquet - to lift the bezel with nil chance of marking watch or bezel..... but I need to understand what's actually being 'undone' and 're-done' to assess whether that's a good idea or lunacy! :) )
Brauner Hund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2015, 09:29 PM   #39
Brauner Hund
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brauner Hund View Post
I've read Jocke's tutorial a few times; but what's holding me back is my inability to visualise what's holding the bezel in place and what it is that's getting 'popped'....and what then subsequently clicks to hold the bezel back in place.

Is anyone able to show / explain the mechanics of what holds the bezel in place?

(I'm thinking that a length of nylon cord (such as an internal cord from a length of paracord) could be looped around the bezel and 'wound tight' - à la tourniquet - to lift the bezel with nil chance of marking watch or bezel..... but I need to understand what's actually being 'undone' and 're-done' to assess whether that's a good idea or lunacy! :) )
Well; tried my idea without success and, finally, decided to carefully tape the watch up, and use a sharpish dinner knife in the manner described in Jocke's instructions. I'll admit, I was worried by the amount of force that may be needed - and was very pleasantly surprised to have the bezel just pop neatly off.
Not scary at all
My bezel had been sliding around rather than clicking; I've now given the watch, bezel,shim and spring (lot of gunk in the spring groove) a good clean with a nylon brush; bent the spring up a bit and simply press clicked all the parts back together. Stunned at how simple it turned out to be - and now my bezel is back to 'clicky'. Very pleased! :)
Old 29 August 2015, 02:27 AM   #40
Brauner Hund
"TRF" Member

Would still be interested in an answer to this question if anyone is able:

"Is anyone able to show / explain the mechanics of what holds the bezel in place?"

:)
Old 29 August 2015, 04:41 AM   #41
NorthernPike
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV, 1949 Everest
Friction.
NorthernPike is offline   Reply With Quote