The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 20 December 2021, 02:58 PM   #1
shimps1
"TRF" Member

Watchbox.com (via eBay) Experience

After a recent revelation about how my local AD does business, I am looking to go grey for a YM40. DavidSW and the like have what I am looking for, but WatchBox does as well. It seems they are pretty new to the game, but I know they have some big name investors, and it seems their operation is above board.

eBay is currently running $500 off watches over $2k, and WatchBox is offering $950 off their ebay listings, which makes the WatchBox options on eBay significantly cheaper than other grey market options, with the ability to pay via PayPal, and earn credit card points.

Does anyone have experience working with them? They list all of their watches as "excellent condition," but their photos are not the best to view scratches, etc.

Would like to hear any info anyone has on this seller.

Link to their eBay store, for those that are curious. https://www.ebay.com/str/govbergjewelers
And their regular website: https://www.thewatchbox.com/
shimps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2021, 03:08 PM   #2
subprimero
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060
Watchbox a spinoff of Govberg. They have been around for over a hundred years. I have never purchased from them. You can bypass Ebay and make offers directly to them. They are also on Chrono24.
subprimero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2021, 03:11 PM   #3
Koolpep
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sky-Dweller TT Jub
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimps1 View Post
After a recent revelation about how my local AD does business, I am looking to go grey for a YM40. DavidSW and the like have what I am looking for, but WatchBox does as well. It seems they are pretty new to the game, but I know they have some big name investors, and it seems their operation is above board.

eBay is currently running $500 off watches over $2k, and WatchBox is offering $950 off their ebay listings, which makes the WatchBox options on eBay significantly cheaper than other grey market options, with the ability to pay via PayPal, and earn credit card points.

Does anyone have experience working with them? They list all of their watches as "excellent condition," but their photos are not the best to view scratches, etc.

Link to their eBay store, for those that are curious. https://www.ebay.com/str/govbergjewelers
Haven't bought from them but did sell them a few watches so far here in their Boutique in Dubai. Experience for myself was good so far. From the buying side - I cannot comment.
Koolpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2021, 03:16 PM   #4
omar10213245
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulkerino
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimps1 View Post

I bought a 116234 datejust 36 from them back in May. Decent price, and it was a pretty simple transaction, no funny business or anything. But, I went straight to their website, I didn't use Ebay.
omar10213245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2021, 03:19 PM   #5
liberalclown
"TRF" Member

You can check directly with Tim Mosso from Watchbox. I would reach out to them directly with the same quote and ask for additional pictures.
liberalclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2021, 03:35 PM   #6
Cauhauna
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberalclown View Post
You can check directly with Tim Mosso from Watchbox. I would reach out to them directly with the same quote and ask for additional pictures.
Agreed. I’d buy from Tim.
tmosso@watchbox.com

He makes their YouTube videos. He’s great
Old 21 December 2021, 02:05 AM   #7
dd2021
"TRF" Member

Just been to Dubai few days ago and I had bought 8 watches and I personally think they are very professional and reliable.
dd2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2022, 09:13 AM   #8
watchboxofficial
"TRF" Member

Late reply from us here... Thanks to everyone for sharing their experience! shimps1, we are probably the largest seller of collectible watches in the world (and are definitely the largest on eBay). Hopefully you found what you were looking for through our eBay team, but don't hesitate to reach out to us directly if we can help earn your trust.
watchboxofficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2022, 04:02 AM   #9
AllGoldRollie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Gold Rolex DD
Good experience

I met with Hans in Watchbox's new Manhattan location. It was a good experience. The location has a nice boutique feel. I looked at a few of the watches they had listed on their site. All the watches were in excellent condition. I was encouraged to use a loupe that they provided and I had a great time talking with Hans about each watch. He was very knowledgeable. I didn't buy anything yet and wasn't pressured to either, but I will be going back to them soon for my next purchase.
AllGoldRollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2022, 05:32 AM   #10
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchboxofficial View Post
Late reply from us here... Thanks to everyone for sharing their experience! shimps1, we are probably the largest seller of collectible watches in the world (and are definitely the largest on eBay). Hopefully you found what you were looking for through our eBay team, but don't hesitate to reach out to us directly if we can help earn your trust.
This is the right kind of post for a seller.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2022, 04:47 AM   #11
swish77
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the time!
They have a good reputation, but their prices are high. I'd shop around before committing.
swish77 is offline   Reply With Quote