The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 2 June 2020, 04:08 AM   #1
maruchan22
"TRF" Member

how well does ROC in steel retain its value?

Looking to purchase one, either 26331 or 26315. Just wondering how well they hold the value? thanks
maruchan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 05:12 AM   #2
Reign
"TRF" Member

They are holding their value pretty well these days although that hasn’t always been the case (more a recent phenomenon)

There have been rumors of a new movement in them as well which when released will effect value

Given their recent price stability, i am inclined to think that if prices ever drop, they’ll be among the first to fall.

All said though, that shouldn’t stop you because I immensely enjoy mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 05:37 AM   #3
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign View Post
They are holding their value pretty well these days although that hasn’t always been the case (more a recent phenomenon)

There have been rumors of a new movement in them as well which when released will effect value

Given their recent price stability, i am inclined to think that if prices ever drop, they’ll be among the first to fall.

All said though, that shouldn’t stop you because I immensely enjoy mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
More importantly, where did you get the awesome desk clock behind you?
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 08:08 AM   #4
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
Who knows? If you really like the watch and plan to keep it for long time, it doesn't matter how the market price will fluctuate. Watches are luxury items for pleasure not for investment.

If you worry about the market value, get the blue dial, it will maintain the value better than most dials. It would be better to acquire at the boutique because all the dials are the same price.
Benzsiam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 09:31 AM   #5
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ CO BL
They hold their value well, particularly the blue dial SS. However they "HOLD" value, not "make you a quick buck". You probably only lose 10-15% if you decide to flip, but its not a model as a seller you will make cash on.
F.P.Journe Chronometre Optimum Black Label, Patek 5811G-001, A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 191.039, Patek 5167A-001, Rolex Yacht-Master 40 Everrose, (Wh) Rolex Daytona 116500, (Blue) Rolex Skydweller 326934, Rolex Submariner 126610LV

IG: tokyo_watch_guy
kaiserphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 12:20 PM   #6
maruchan22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzsiam View Post
Who knows? If you really like the watch and plan to keep it for long time, it doesn't matter how the market price will fluctuate. Watches are luxury items for pleasure not for investment.

If you worry about the market value, get the blue dial, it will maintain the value better than most dials. It would be better to acquire at the boutique because all the dials are the same price.
impossible to get from a Hong Kong BT, was told to wait at least 2 years
Old 2 June 2020, 03:20 PM   #7
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ CO BL
Quote:
Originally Posted by maruchan22 View Post
I dont think its that hard. Was offered a blue in 3 months from a boutique. For other colours it was 1 month from boutique. I get the feeling these are quite available as they are not boutique exclusive, not even the blue one is.
F.P.Journe Chronometre Optimum Black Label, Patek 5811G-001, A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 191.039, Patek 5167A-001, Rolex Yacht-Master 40 Everrose, (Wh) Rolex Daytona 116500, (Blue) Rolex Skydweller 326934, Rolex Submariner 126610LV

IG: tokyo_watch_guy
kaiserphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 03:40 PM   #8
maruchan22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
I dont think its that hard. Was offered a blue in 3 months from a boutique. For other colours it was 1 month from boutique. I get the feeling these are quite available as they are not boutique exclusive, not even the blue one is.
Well, that's what I was told by every BT.

Btw they no longer sell watches through an AD, at least that's the case in Hong Kong.
Old 2 June 2020, 11:28 PM   #9
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
Quote:
Well, that's what I was told by every BT.

Btw they no longer sell watches through an AD, at least that's the case in Hong Kong.
AP is going to stop selling their watches thru ADs in the near future. They are going to sell their watches at their own boutiques or online only. I am waiting for that to happen. It would be good for us to buy the watches that we want online without worrying about authenticity.
Benzsiam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 11:59 PM   #10
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think HK is especially hard for AP. Just a personal non scientific gauge that the money is available and also the desire to be outside the sea of Rolexes.

I think in US, those with money are all chasing the 15202 and 15407 so less ‘competition’ for 26331 vs in HK you are vying for less quantity for all those thinking about a gray SS Rolex just coming over to entry level AP.

Anyways, I had no luck with west coast US boutique but was fortunate to get mine from east coast US botique quickly and before the price increase.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote