The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 24 March 2023, 03:00 AM   #1
reelestates
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5712,SD,DD,CHNR
PRECISION TIMES- Weird Reaction

Before wiring a significant amount of money to Precision Times I requested reasonable information, identification and address verification. When I pointed out some inconsistancies in the company records (Jess Yang does not appear anywhere while his assistant Kathy Chen is the registered agent and sole share holder) Jess all of a sudden becomes short and abruptly cancels deal and claims I am being disrespectful. Note- I had no reason to question his legitimacy and still believe he is legit. Furthermore, I am not implying anything negative other than his reaction was unusual as a person in business and requesting a wire transfer north of $20k from a new client.
reelestates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2023, 03:28 AM   #2
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Your query was a red flag methinks. I know nothing about that seller but I don’t poke my nose into my trusted seller’s LLC filings.

If you trust a seller, then you don’t ask such questions.

If you don’t trust a seller, then there’s no need to ask such questions.

Just my 2¢ not questioning your motives at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2023, 04:10 AM   #3
reelestates
2024 Pledge Member

Respectfully, I don’t agree. Incorporation filings are public information and their review are standard protocol among company credit analyst. More importantly, I advised in writing what information I required in order to wire funds. In todays world of internet account hacks as well as a myriad of scams I trust no one until I execute a couple of deals. But all this said, I was well on my way to wire.
Old 24 March 2023, 04:49 AM   #4
funkright
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTs. All of them!
Icon14

Always buy the SELLER before buying the watch Nothing wrong with outlining a question to provide comfort prior to providing payment, especially if that payment is through a non-recoverable method
funkright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2023, 12:12 PM   #5
PrecisionTimes
2024 Pledge Member

My reaction it’s not weird at all, I am a trusted seller here and I thank you for all your support, buyer name Carlos reach out to me for a skyD I had recently listed, after follow through everything seller asked for including phone call, pictures, my full name, my assistant’s full name, my company name address and California seller permit, now he started questioning who is the owner of the company and who apply for the EIN #s, as a volume sellers we are encountered scammers in daily basis, at this point, I think buyer it’s being a little bit excessive, for my own safety I decided to cancel the deal, I had done over thousand deal related to this forum and have zero negative feedback, I hope this incident doesn’t dent my reputation, thank you for reading.
PrecisionTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2023, 01:08 PM   #6
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
i'm with Carlos on this one.

This would be SOP for me in this situation.

Its good to know exactly who I am dealing with.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2023, 05:12 AM   #7
reelestates
2024 Pledge Member

Icon20 UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE- Jess and Precision Times

UPDATE!!!!

Jess reached out to me last Friday in a very gentle and apologetic manner where I interjected with my apologies for my side of it. We both agreed that it was a mutual misunderstanding and very unfortunate". Not feeling good about what I did, I offered to attempt to contact a moderator to remove this posting but he quickly declared "that there was no need... that this sort of interaction was healthy for the community". He then softly advised that if I was to reconsider and if I felt comfortable we could engage and complete the transaction. Without hesitation and without me asking he provided the information I had requested and I indeed quickly wired him the funds. He and Kathy confirmed receipt of the wire (literally 5 minutes) and send me pics and video of the packing, labeling and receipt of the shipment by Fedex for Saturday Delivery.

The watch was received exactly as it was promised!!!

Do not hesitate to contact me for a reference!!! Jess is a true gentleman a what I consider to be an asset to this TRF community.

Jess, thank you brother!!! I look forward to doing business in the future!!

Cheers to all members!!
Prio

** Also, a special shoutout to DavidSW!!!

Tags
jess , precision times