The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 25 November 2020, 03:28 AM   #121
fixinbones
"TRF" Member

Watch: 118206
Quote:
Originally Posted by belutak View Post
Pretty sure Austrralian Consumer Competition Commission would find it discriminatory in some way. Oz seems to be easier to live in than US, in comparison. More balanced, sort of

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah but Oz taxes you up the wazoo! A Porsche or MB is like 50% more expensive then the same car in the US.
Old 25 November 2020, 08:23 PM   #122
belutak
"TRF" Member

Watch: Variety
Quote:
Originally Posted by strafer_kid View Post
...and do you think you would still get the watch you want after all that?

I got my sub at the retail price at an AD in downtown Melbourne.

But to answer your hypothetical question, I consider it ultimately dumb foolish to desperately want a watch, any watch so much to be ready to trade my dignity and to pay over RRP on top.

Old 25 November 2020, 08:28 PM   #123
belutak
"TRF" Member

Watch: Variety
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixinbones View Post
Yeah but Oz taxes you up the wazoo! A Porsche or MB is like 50% more expensive then the same car in the US.

Rolex and similar goods attract 10%GST. Cars are a different story, probably the most expensive in the world due to Gvmnt taxes, but that is not contestable. No wonder used cars are more sought after here :)

Old 25 November 2020, 09:15 PM   #124
Uggi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
Im surprised the seller still can’t decide not to sell you it.

Here in the UK for example, if a watch is in the window with the wrong price for example, there is no obligation to sell at that price and the outlet can take it off sale/refuse the sale (although many do think wrongly that they’re entitled to buy at that price).

If a watch is in the window, the seller can say it’s just been sold/reserved and there is no obligation for them to complete the sale.

Even still, here it’s rare to see something in the window that’s not for sale, unless it has a “not for sale” or “exhibition only” sign
I'm no expert in Danish law but I too am amazed to hear that basic contract law principles are so radically different in different countries. I thought the legal concept of "invitation to treat" differing from "offer" was pretty universal.
Old 25 November 2020, 09:27 PM   #125
SPACE-DWELLER
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, of course!
Sadly, many Rolex AD's do their business that way.

FORGET about "waiting lists"! There is no such thing....

Only thing that counts is to buy for a lot of money; preferably some of the "AD inhouse jewelly", too! That helps you get that desired SS sports Rolex.

LocTite 221: The Taming Of The Screw...
Old 25 November 2020, 09:47 PM   #126
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggi View Post
I'm no expert in Danish law but I too am amazed to hear that basic contract law principles are so radically different in different countries. I thought the legal concept of "invitation to treat" differing from "offer" was pretty universal.
Exactly, many people do however have their own view of what seems fair, and think this forms consumer law.

Eg I regularly hear well educated people believe that if an item is wrongly priced, it HAS to be sold at this price.

Old 25 November 2020, 10:03 PM   #127
MrJKLFoams
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexOmegaJLC
Here in oz I think depends on your local AD. I got my 114060, 116622 blue dial, 116710blnr and 126660dblue from same AD. They offered me the sky dweller LN after purchasing the 116622 but I politely declined since I really want a blnr lucky I did coz after purchasing the omega moonphase got offered the blnr and recently the james cameron which I pulled the trigger as well. Couple of weeks ago they offered me the kermit but politely declined since I dont really like it and flipping it might be a good Idea but I want to keep that relation with my AD. Im waiting for the blue dial Sky dweller and panda daytona.
Old 27 November 2020, 10:02 AM   #128
Fred48
Banned

All this talk of bundling reminds me of buying underwear at Target - the 3 pack will always have two colors you like and one you don't, but you have to buy all three!
Old 27 November 2020, 10:20 AM   #129
ce027772
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inglewood1026 View Post
That's ridiculous. Both my local AD's got me on list (and delivered within a month) for a new sub this fall...I had no prior history at either. Time to shop elsewhere if I were you...
So, you ended up getting 2 new subs from 2 local ADs within a month? Sounds like a miracle. Any other details of the story you are willing to share? I've been told by local ADs that the wait for a sub is many months.
Old 27 November 2020, 11:34 AM   #130
ce027772
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Busey View Post
Rolex is a piker brand now.
Rolli Rolli Rolli.....

many other cooler watches out there, dont hesitate to look around. As ive said before, Rolex has lost its path, and people are falling out of love. I for one, used to LOVE the brand, but now dont really care. Makes zero sense to pay for those asking prices. Like paying 200K for the new Supra. If you're a fanboy and need to have it show your other fanboy friends, go for it, by all means. But that piker premium is not something ill be paying for. Omega, Zenith, Bulgari (octo finissimo).

Also your AD is a dick
Looks to me like the number of people falling in love with Rolex exceeds the ones who fall out of love by far. That's why the shortage keeps getting worse. This forum proves it. If you don't really care about Rolex, why reading this forum and posting a comment here saying you don't care?
Old 27 November 2020, 11:45 AM   #131
Singslinger
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
Nothing to do with Rolex. It’s your AD. Since he is the owner of the watches he can sell to whomever he likes on his terms.
Find another
Yes I agree.

Much depends on the AD as well as the relationship you have with them.

I haven't spent as much as others have with my AD, but I've always been given the watches that I've asked for. It might take many months of waiting but eventually, they have delivered.
Old 27 November 2020, 04:44 PM   #132
Mystic2k
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singslinger View Post
Yes I agree.

Much depends on the AD as well as the relationship you have with them.

I haven't spent as much as others have with my AD, but I've always been given the watches that I've asked for. It might take many months of waiting but eventually, they have delivered.
SA told me to be patient. It will come eventually.
Old 27 November 2020, 05:32 PM   #133
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
TRF boutique dudes
Old 27 November 2020, 06:09 PM   #134
Tenebris Equum
Banned

Watch: Speedy and Pepsi
Mate its your fault for buying into this BS. Move to another brand, I could not bring myself to buy a handful of datejusts just to get on a list. Its demeaning to my intelligence.

Omega, Glashutte Original and VC are all amazing watch brands with great watches. People need to get over this long hype train and use a bit of common sense.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
Old 27 November 2020, 06:49 PM   #135
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenebris Equum View Post
Mate its your fault for buying into this BS. Move to another brand, I could not bring myself to buy a handful of datejusts just to get on a list. Its demeaning to my intelligence.

Omega, Glashutte Original and VC are all amazing watch brands with great watches. People need to get over this long hype train and use a bit of common sense.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
Have to agree and time to move on this subject is closed,and if all this bundling nonsense was stopped by Joe public as soon as it was mention by any AD.By Joe public just turning around and walking out of the AD store, then perhaps we could get back to better times.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Closed Thread