The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 14 August 2019, 01:51 AM   #121
gsg
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Houston
Posts: 128
Are we there yet...? ;)

I am dying to see all the incoming pictures of this beauty!
gsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2019, 03:32 AM   #122
KentK
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 16
I was at an event sponsored by Breitling late last week, with Breitling execs in attendance and they did not even have a display model. When I asked, they said "October".
KentK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2019, 11:32 PM   #123
Chester01
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: East Coast
Watch: 16610
Posts: 1,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentK View Post
I was at an event sponsored by Breitling late last week, with Breitling execs in attendance and they did not even have a display model. When I asked, they said "October".
Was at a dealer this week in west palm, they quoted me November. Canít wait to see it in the metal!
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2019, 12:26 AM   #124
ud101
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: US
Posts: 145
I would say this dial is fantastic.
ud101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2019, 11:39 AM   #125
john9963
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: US
Posts: 19
Has anyone talked to their AD about how many people are interested in the Navitimer Re-edition? I was talking to an AD a few weeks ago and they said they had 30-40 people inquiring about the watch. It seems most of the Re-edition threads on the different forums have slowed down while everyone is waiting for them to be released. I am curious how big the demand really is for this piece.
john9963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2019, 01:05 PM   #126
MoosicPa
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Real Name: Don
Location: Moosic PA
Watch: King Midas & Subma
Posts: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by john9963 View Post
Has anyone talked to their AD about how many people are interested in the Navitimer Re-edition? I was talking to an AD a few weeks ago and they said they had 30-40 people inquiring about the watch. It seems most of the Re-edition threads on the different forums have slowed down while everyone is waiting for them to be released. I am curious how big the demand really is for this piece.
Similar story with my AD, he's had 30+ inquiries about the re-edition. He tried to order a second one back in June, but Breitling USA told him the US allocation has all been pre-sold.
MoosicPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2019, 05:48 AM   #127
56scooter
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 179
From what I understand from talking to several AD's is that the watch is highly sought after. If you have not placed a deposit yet then you may not be able to get one. This may be a watch that collectors will look for!
56scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2019, 01:05 AM   #128
GB-man
2019 HARRODS BB Pledge Member
 
GB-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: On the run
Watch: addiction issues
Posts: 28,498
I’ll bet anyone here 100 bucks they are selling under msrp in 2 years. Still sort of wish I had pulled the trigger! Gorgeous
__________________
Instagram @theuncaught1
"Pleasure delayed is pleasure doubled" - Neil (AK797)
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2019, 01:40 AM   #129
sokoloka
"TRF" Member
 
sokoloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Real Name: Eric
Location: San Diego
Watch: Audemars Piguet
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Iíll bet anyone here 100 bucks they are selling under msrp in 2 years. Still sort of wish I had pulled the trigger! Gorgeous
Honestly not sure which incoming I'm more excited about - this or the PoG that's coming at essentially the same time. Different kind of excitement but still massively pumped.
__________________
Follow me on Instagram: rough.af
sokoloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2019, 05:11 AM   #130
GB-man
2019 HARRODS BB Pledge Member
 
GB-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: On the run
Watch: addiction issues
Posts: 28,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokoloka View Post
Honestly not sure which incoming I'm more excited about - this or the PoG that's coming at essentially the same time. Different kind of excitement but still massively pumped.


I hear you on that. If you like navitimers like me itís hard not to get excited
__________________
Instagram @theuncaught1
"Pleasure delayed is pleasure doubled" - Neil (AK797)
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2019, 08:28 AM   #131
sokoloka
"TRF" Member
 
sokoloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Real Name: Eric
Location: San Diego
Watch: Audemars Piguet
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I hear you on that. If you like navitimers like me itís hard not to get excited
Navitimer GMT was my first high end timepiece all the way back in 2011, only thing on my wrist for damn near 6 years. Big fan of the navi aesthetic.
__________________
Follow me on Instagram: rough.af
sokoloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2019, 08:58 PM   #132
cajerseyboy
2019 Pledge Member
 
cajerseyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Northern Cal
Watch: me find "the one"
Posts: 713
Not sure about future value. Iíve just always liked this line but none sang to me in the stores. This one did on paper and pictures. Added bonus being limited but not the main draw.

No new updates from my AD. Still waiting.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
116610LN 216570 116710BLNR 116610LV 116500LN 116519LN
cajerseyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2019, 08:52 PM   #133
john9963
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: US
Posts: 19
I saw this posted in a Breitling group on FB. From Breitling, they start shipping in October.


john9963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2019, 10:03 PM   #134
cajerseyboy
2019 Pledge Member
 
cajerseyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Northern Cal
Watch: me find "the one"
Posts: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by john9963 View Post
I saw this posted in a Breitling group on FB. From Breitling, they start shipping in October.



Iíd take this as a genuine confirmation of shipping timelines.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
116610LN 216570 116710BLNR 116610LV 116500LN 116519LN
cajerseyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2019, 03:40 AM   #135
MoosicPa
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Real Name: Don
Location: Moosic PA
Watch: King Midas & Subma
Posts: 942
Should be in time for Christmas!
MoosicPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2019, 09:39 AM   #136
dchang81
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 634
I like navitimers, had an old 806 I bought "accidentally" via antiquorum. But I don't think I can remember a breitling trading over msrp.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2019, 10:59 AM   #137
GB-man
2019 HARRODS BB Pledge Member
 
GB-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: On the run
Watch: addiction issues
Posts: 28,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokoloka View Post
Navitimer GMT was my first high end timepiece all the way back in 2011, only thing on my wrist for damn near 6 years. Big fan of the navi aesthetic.


Yeah my first watch over 1k was a navitimer world in 2005. Great watch just a bit too large.
__________________
Instagram @theuncaught1
"Pleasure delayed is pleasure doubled" - Neil (AK797)
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 10:38 AM   #138
SSCosmo
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Taipei
Posts: 257
Anyone know anything about this red gold version of the re-edition? I was shown a display piece at a boutique this weekend, but canít find anything about this piece on the internet. Apparently itís a limited edition of 159 pieces. (Apologies for the blurry picture).

.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SSCosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 10:57 AM   #139
sokoloka
"TRF" Member
 
sokoloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Real Name: Eric
Location: San Diego
Watch: Audemars Piguet
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Yeah my first watch over 1k was a navitimer world in 2005. Great watch just a bit too large.
My bad - meant Navitimer world, not the newer GMT. Definitely wears every bit of 46mm. Great watch however! Especially with the deployant clasp.
__________________
Follow me on Instagram: rough.af
sokoloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 10:58 AM   #140
sokoloka
"TRF" Member
 
sokoloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Real Name: Eric
Location: San Diego
Watch: Audemars Piguet
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCosmo View Post
Anyone know anything about this red gold version of the re-edition? I was shown a display piece at a boutique this weekend, but canít find anything about this piece on the internet. Apparently itís a limited edition of 159 pieces. (Apologies for the blurry picture).

.
Dig it in rose gold as well! Did the boutique mention if they were all allocated? Would like to see that brown strap on the steel version too.
__________________
Follow me on Instagram: rough.af
sokoloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 11:09 AM   #141
SSCosmo
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Taipei
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokoloka View Post
Dig it in rose gold as well! Did the boutique mention if they were all allocated? Would like to see that brown strap on the steel version too.
They said they would need to check on availability if I wanted it. I didn't inquire further as I'm not sure whether I do. I will say that the lack of information about this gold version is making me want it more. It seems like they are still taking deposits on the steel version at this boutique. Are allocations on the steel version hard to find at this point?
SSCosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 11:12 AM   #142
sokoloka
"TRF" Member
 
sokoloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Real Name: Eric
Location: San Diego
Watch: Audemars Piguet
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCosmo View Post
They said they would need to check on availability if I wanted it. I didn't inquire further as I'm not sure whether I do. I will say that the lack of information about this gold version is making me want it more. It seems like they are still taking deposits on the steel version at this boutique. Are allocations on the steel version hard to find at this point?
I threw my name in the hat very early in the process so I was able to secure a steel allocation but according to my AD his Breitling rep told him they were all booked up.

RG is pretty but I will say I prefer the black subdials on the steel model vs the reverse panda on the rose gold model. Still a good looking watch! EDIT: Have any more pics, either on the wrist or not?
__________________
Follow me on Instagram: rough.af
sokoloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 11:31 AM   #143
MoosicPa
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Real Name: Don
Location: Moosic PA
Watch: King Midas & Subma
Posts: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokoloka View Post
Dig it in rose gold as well! Did the boutique mention if they were all allocated? Would like to see that brown strap on the steel version too.
My AD placed an order for a RG one for me, Breitling didn't tell him no, and accepted the order so I'm assuming they are still available to order. Price is $22k, and only 12 are coming to the US market.

I thought all the steel versions were spoken for. My AD placed an order for me on the SS model back in May. When he tried to order a second one in June for another customer, Breitling USA told him the US allocation was pre-sold.

The RG version may still be available as it hasn't been publicised much.
MoosicPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 11:33 AM   #144
MoosicPa
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Real Name: Don
Location: Moosic PA
Watch: King Midas & Subma
Posts: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCosmo View Post
Anyone know anything about this red gold version of the re-edition? I was shown a display piece at a boutique this weekend, but canít find anything about this piece on the internet. Apparently itís a limited edition of 159 pieces. (Apologies for the blurry picture).

.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Out of curiosity, what type of clasp is on the strap? Tang? Butterfly?
MoosicPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 05:58 PM   #145
SSCosmo
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Taipei
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokoloka View Post
Have any more pics, either on the wrist or not?
Iím going back to the boutique tomorrow and will try to take some more photos of the watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosicPa View Post
Out of curiosity, what type of clasp is on the strap? Tang? Butterfly?
It was a tang buckle. I believe it was red gold as well, but not sure as I didnít pay much attention to the buckle.
SSCosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 06:08 PM   #146
SSCosmo
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Taipei
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosicPa View Post
My AD placed an order for a RG one for me, Breitling didn't tell him no, and accepted the order so I'm assuming they are still available to order. Price is $22k, and only 12 are coming to the US market.

I thought all the steel versions were spoken for. My AD placed an order for me on the SS model back in May. When he tried to order a second one in June for another customer, Breitling USA told him the US allocation was pre-sold.

The RG version may still be available as it hasn't been publicised much.
Iím wondering if Breitling is keeping some of the allocations for their brand boutiques. I was told by a couple of ADs that they donít have any allocations for the 806 re-edition available, but I just confirmed that the Boutique does for both the steel and the RG.
SSCosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2019, 11:43 AM   #147
Cabaiguan
2019 Pledge Member
 
Cabaiguan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Real Name: Raf
Location: NJ
Watch: GMTII
Posts: 1,981
Almost 2000 of these being made. I just donít see them being scarce.
Cabaiguan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2019, 12:41 AM   #148
SSCosmo
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Taipei
Posts: 257
Was able to see both steel and gold together today:




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SSCosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2019, 12:46 AM   #149
sokoloka
"TRF" Member
 
sokoloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Real Name: Eric
Location: San Diego
Watch: Audemars Piguet
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCosmo View Post
Was able to see both steel and gold together today:
They both look great! Now that you've seen them both in the flesh and side by side - any additional impressions?

Have any more pics? Making me even more excited for my steel version.
__________________
Follow me on Instagram: rough.af
sokoloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2019, 01:10 AM   #150
SSCosmo
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Taipei
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokoloka View Post
They both look great! Now that you've seen them both in the flesh and side by side - any additional impressions?



Have any more pics? Making me even more excited for my steel version.


I debated back and forth, but ended up putting a deposit on the red gold version. It may not be a copy of an original 806, but the red gold case really works well with the vintage look. Wife agreed it looked better on the wrist so that kinda sealed it. Also, at 159 pieces, I likely wonít see another one in the wild. This will be my first Breitling, so I figured Iíd get something a bit more special.

Hereís a side by side photo, along with a 43mm modern Navitimer I tried on.








Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SSCosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


*Banner Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright ©2004-2019, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.