The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 14 August 2019, 02:39 PM   #1
Bizcut1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126331 126610 3861
126334 The Blue Dial Beckons

I have owned mine now for six weeks and feel I know it well. It's on a Jubilee bracelet now, but started its life on an Oyster. I think the Jubilee is perfect with the fluted bezel, but others prefer Oyster. The Jubilee band is lighter than the Oyster. Feels cooler to me in the heat, although I have not worn it yet in the other climes.The Oyster is sportier but also a magnet for scratches to its center polished links.

So, the watch is light and slim. It sits well and balanced on my wrist just above the bone and benefits from the presence of the Glide Lock clasp. I have a somewhat larger just under 8-inch wrist and the Arizona heat tends to make it slightly swell in the afternoon swelter. Out goes the extension link - perfect. Tucks back in later that ending during the cool-off. Truly one of Rolex's finest and most useful innovations.

The white gold and stainless combination here provide a perfect contrasting stage for the deep blue face. A blue that is almost hypnotic. It's not an accident that this color is the one highest in demand.

The lume on this watch is simply beautiful, and long-lasting. With the beautiful blue face providing the background in twilight, it simply glows with elegance and quiet class. The blue face of this watch is constantly changing in the light. Combined with the constant bling show coming off the bezel and you are wearing a watch others will notice.

These are my initial thoughts on the watch itself. As to the value, I did purchase it on the grey market under retail. It was slightly used with more than four years remaining on its Rolex warranty. I think the Datejust 41 represents an excellent value. It's certainly a pretty one!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Gordon Rolex 03.jpeg (178.8 KB, 681 views)
File Type: jpeg Gordon Rolex 01.jpeg (170.9 KB, 675 views)
Bizcut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2019, 09:30 AM   #2
entendu
"TRF" Member

Beautiful! I also have a blue DJ41, but with the smooth bezel.

I believe you mean Easylink when you say Glide lock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
entendu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2019, 12:40 PM   #3
dnd2984
2024 Pledge Member

Beautiful watch! Did you order the Jubilee through a AD? What is the cost? I might do the same I have a the oyster bracelet on mine as well.
dnd2984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2019, 11:00 AM   #4
agge
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEX DAYTONA
Beautiful!
agge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2020, 06:02 AM   #5
oscar7610
"TRF" Member

Beautiful watch
oscar7610 is offline   Reply With Quote