The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 30 April 2016, 01:32 AM   #1
MorningTundra
"TRF" Member

Icon5 Rolex Precision Identification Help Please...

Post noob...

I'm trying to learn something about this Rolex "Precision" I've owned for a while. I love it but wear it sparingly (don't get to dress up very often).

Firstly, does it look legit? I've been reading a lot about replicas and fakes lately.

Does anyone know about this model and cal? Or can you direct me to somewhere I can learn more? I'm trying to get a year of production too...

The inner movement is stamped "25535"

The inner case appears to be stamped "132" (or is that "152"?)

The case back is stamped "9708".

Where would I find a serial on this model?

Thanks for looking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1422.jpg (115.2 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1729.jpg (77.3 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1727.jpg (115.7 KB, 100 views)
MorningTundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2020, 03:27 AM   #2
ColtFletcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ref. 3729/1
I have owned a few of these watches and currently have a 9708 J. I am no expert, however, Yes, this looks to be an authentic Rolex.
My 9708 and 9708 J watches are nearly identical in appearance with the inner case back markings and locations of the stampings as well as the movement markings. You should find the Caliber number and bridge number under the large gear (at the 9 O'Clock position in your pictures of the movement). usually a four digit (1210, 1220, 1225). Your watch looks to be a seventeen jeweled movement . The serial number should be on the back of the case . You should see a Rolex Crown on the opposite side from the S/N. So, if you find the serial number at "6 O'clock" the Crown stamping should be found at "12 O'clock". You will need a 10x loop.
It will, more than likely, be a seven digit number.
I must warn you many of these Precision watches I have encountered were monogrammed and etched in some fashion on the case backs and later have been polished to remove the inscriptions to clean up for re-sale.
Here is a link to a watch with good pictures that should help you in your research.
Is the clasp buckle marked 0.750 and have a Rolex Crown?
The Rolex box you have pictured is a factory service "return shipping" box, but I'm sure you already know that.

Enjoy.
ColtFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote