The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 16 August 2005, 06:52 PM   #1
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
BA Latest Heathrow Strike.

BA. Tossers,

Not only are they totally inept when it comes to industrial relations, with full-scale strikes in peak holiday season for three years running, they also couldn't oganise a piss up in a brewery, and possess the logistical skills of an army of one legged tramps, arranging a salsa dancing competition.

People stranded for five days now - yes, FIVE days, who were put to the back of the queue when business resumed, aren't even being upgraded to business or first, but are being left to rot in tents at Heathrow so as not to upset passengers who have paid full fare.

Oh - and guess what. Next year they're looking to reduce baggage handlers by between 10 and 15%, so what can we look forward to? Yup, yet more strikes and ongoing delays.

If I'd booked two weeks off and found BA had "stolen" the first week of my holiday in this manner, no amount of compo would make up for it - I'd be demanding Rod Eddington's head on a plate.

B.A Worlds favourite airline my arse.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2005, 09:34 PM   #2
Manatee
Banned

We're flying BA to London in a couple of weeks. I hope they're flying that day.
Manatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2005, 10:30 PM   #3
Atomic

When airlines or any other companies pull this crap it always amazes me. I guess business is THAT good that they can piss on people without remorse. The airline biz is competitive enough that BA should know there are plenty of other carriers who would love to scoop their business.

Branson should jump on the BA strike and target his advertising directly at BA and their mistreatment of customers.

I got stuck in Philly once, compliments of US Air (i.e. "Scare Air") for 12 hours. My connector had a mechanical problem, so we waited for a part to be flown in, we then we were told to cue up to board, which we did. Then told to 'stand down' cuz it wasn't ready... then we were told to 'register' for available seats on the next flight to Toronto (cuz our plane was cancelled). As it turned out I was first to register but a DOUBTFUL last person on the plane. Oh, did I mention my wife was with me and we were returning from our honeymoon? We didn't even get to sit together on the way home.

How did US Air make ammends? By offering a $200 voucher against our next flight with US Air... as if I'd ever fly with those bastards again. I quite enjoy Air Canada (never had a bad experience yet) and though people slam them quite a bit, I've never had a bad experience with Air Transat either.
Old 16 August 2005, 11:05 PM   #4
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Think the worst airlines I have flown with is Nigerian Airlines and Egypt Air.
The best long haul Singapore Airlines Raffels class,and Quantos a close second.

ICom Pro3

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Old 16 August 2005, 11:50 PM   #5
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Twenty years ago BA was a good airline. I used to fly them monthly from DC to Heathrow and never had a problem. I've heard they have deteriorated since then.

Best airline in my book is Singapore Airlines. I flew two long hauls from Osaka, Japan to Singapore and then on to Melbourne and both flights were great. Granted I was in first all the way, so that probably helps.

My airline of choice (and necessity) these days is United. I know they get a lot of knocks, but 95% of the time I have never had a problem. But again, the fact that I have Premier Executive status and 500,000 miles in my frequent flyer account don't hurt when I need something.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2005, 12:30 AM   #6
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116520
They never seem to have any delays when it's time for me to go back to work in Saudi.

Member #10
Uncle-AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2005, 02:28 AM   #7
Rockrolex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle-AJ
They never seem to have any delays when it's time for me to go back to work in Saudi.
But what about when you want to go home?

Tosser Cabinet Member

Old 17 August 2005, 03:59 AM   #8
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116520
I can only remember two major delays in 32 years so it's not too bad.

One time we were at Heathrow in the bar with a group of people waiting for British Caledonia to fly Saudi. Every time they announced a delay there was a huge cheer. I think the other passengers thought we were mad.

Member #10
Uncle-AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2005, 04:17 AM   #9
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Last year Zemina flew EMIRATES to Dubai and said not only was the service courteous and excellent, but the food was sumptuous and superb.

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2005, 08:10 AM   #10
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Watch: F-series SD
Maybe there's something about hating the national airline of your country of origin. Can't stand Singapore Airlines, and damned if I'll ever fly with those dickheads. I'd tell a few stories about those flea-bitten hyenas, but I'd have to get my blood pressure under control first.
Old 17 August 2005, 06:13 PM   #11
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

How strange James in all my far east trips used BA,Indonesian,Malaysian,Quantas,
Virgin, but my favourite was Singapore Airlines.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 17 August 2005, 08:58 PM   #12
----

I've flown a fair bit (not as much as some here) and rarely find any airline that great. US Air (we used to call them US Scare) was probably the worst that I can recall. I used to take a flight from a city nearby down to Pittsburgh, and then through to Charlotte - it was usually horrible.

Air Canada has been okay, but probably my best flights were with Qantas over the years. It seems that airlines that do the long haul flights know how to treat people better or something. Oh yes, I was quite surprised to get great service on Alaskan Airlines a couple of years ago. I flew out to Vancouver on Air Canada, and then to San Diego on Alaskan - despite what I had heard about them, they were very good.

I think no matter what the airline, good service is a crap shoot. Of course, I always fly economy/coach/whatever the name is. I've flown business class a couple of times, but I can't afford it most of the time, and if I'm flying on business my company is too cheap........
Old 17 August 2005, 10:23 PM   #13
Atomic

Glad to see I'm not the only one with a bad US Air experience. Too bad that flight home was so bad, because on the way down to Florida, we got bumped up to first class (because we were on our honeymoon). Sadly after our stopover in Philly going south, my wife became ill from the bad breakfast on the first leg, and although we had first class mostly to ourselves, there were two flight attendants hitching a ride (sitting in 1st class of course) and they yammered on with the working staff to the point where they were disrupting the few 'customers' up there. I had to shush them once because my wife was so ill and trying to sleep and they all shot me dirty looks.

I guess I was lucky they didn't accuse me of sky rage.
Old 17 August 2005, 10:47 PM   #14
Rockrolex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
I've flown a fair bit (not as much as some here) and rarely find any airline that great. US Air (we used to call them US Scare) was probably the worst that I can recall. ....
Actually, Al, before it was USAir, it was called Allegheny Airlines. At that time we called them Agony Airlines - for the same reasons.

Tosser Cabinet Member