The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 27 May 2020, 01:46 AM   #1
mattrparker35
"TRF" Member

Brand new Seamaster service question

Hi everyone,

I have a brand new Seamaster Diver 300m white dial that I love. Received it about a week ago with all stickers on, brand new, full warranty, etc. Have worn it a couple of times but unfortunately just realized that there is a dark spot / discoloration on the 4 o clock lume plot. This is clearly visible with the naked eye and, although I missed it when I originally received the watch, it is hard to un-see now.

So, I called Omega / Swatch service center in NJ (I am in NH and it's the closest to me) and they are sending me a box and form for shipping the watch to them so that they can take a look. As the watch is brand new and running perfectly, I don't want any work on it besides the dial / lume plot. No polishing, etc.

Any suggestions for working with Omega service or is it pretty straightforward? It is my first Omega watch and I just want to make sure that I don't make any mistakes.

I have photos but each time I try to post them as attachments I get an alert saying they're too big. If anyone wants to see the photos, I'm happy to post if someone can tell me how. Thanks!
mattrparker35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2020, 05:34 AM   #2
JohnGingerwood
2024 Pledge Member

I sent a Speedmaster in for routine maintenance and it was pretty straightforward. I think I downloaded a form from Swatch group and then filled in the issues with the watch and they email you a UPS label. Or you could call Swatch group. You can keep track of the status on swatches website. Took a few months I think to get it back, but that was for a full service.
JohnGingerwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2020, 05:58 AM   #3
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Could you not return for an exchange and let who you bought off deal with?
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2020, 09:56 PM   #4
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
My experience with Omega service is that it is top notch and they will correct the issue and have the watch back to you ASAP.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2020, 12:30 AM   #5
Dougiebaby
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona BLNR SubLV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec14 View Post
Could you not return for an exchange and let who you bought off deal with?

Yes, I would take it back to store you bought it from and demand new watch. You’re a week in.

A few years ago I bought a AT Skyfall 38.5 and a month later the anti reflective coating on the crystal started coming off. I took it back for a replacement.

You deserve a “perfect” watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dougiebaby is offline   Reply With Quote