The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 July 2018, 12:24 PM   #1
GTC
Banned

Watch: 126660
Can A Skydweller’s Band Be Adjusted Normally?

I’ve see a couple of posts with people indicating they regretfully unloaded their Skydweller due to lack of proper fit. I noticed the posts with curiosity.

Now that it appears I’m getting a Sky two-tone next week, my attention is heightened: is their anything unique to this watch re adjustment? THANKS

My Explorer II fits great.
GTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2018, 01:23 PM   #2
G'ed
"TRF" Member

I don’t recall seeing any issue with SkyD bracelet fit. The clasp itself have Easy-link extension and 3-positions microadjustment for precise fit.
G'ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2018, 02:50 PM   #3
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

I've seen a couple posts about it being a half link or link shorter than whatever is standard on other models. Don't recall seeing anything about it being different as far as adjustment goes.
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2018, 07:25 PM   #4
Tampashooter
"TRF" Member

I own 2. The only issue I have, is in comparison to other models, it’s a little short at full links. Had to source an extra link, now perfect. The easy link is great.
Tampashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2018, 10:12 PM   #5
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampashooter View Post
I own 2. The only issue I have, is in comparison to other models, it’s a little short at full links. Had to source an extra link, now perfect. The easy link is great.
The thicker band is amazing. It does come shockingly short on links, I’m 6.5 and needed two out only. Plus, I needed the easy link open which is one of my peeves about fit. Essentially robbing you of the EL
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2018, 08:36 PM   #6
oldblock
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41
Even if - as it was for me alas - it is too big for wrist it fits amazingly well - just looked big on wrist
oldblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2018, 08:49 PM   #7
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Nothing to worry, the oyster clasp with the easy link works like a charm. Personally I prefer it over the flip lock.
Old 14 July 2018, 09:08 PM   #8
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Yes the SkyD bracelet is about 1/2-link smaller than other Rolex timepieces. Still, there are adjustments and the easy-link too.

One thing not discussed is the balance on-wrist.
Was daily beating 24/7/365 the SS SkyD and was fine for about a year. Then Hulk arrived and did that daily 24/7 for a month. Upon switching back to SS SkyD did notice the heavier weight of the SkyD's head had the watch feel unbalanced on the wrist. Obviously the clasp side on SS SkyD had to 'work harder' to compensate whereas the Hulk feels nicely balanced (and overall lighter of course).

JMHO YMMV
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2018, 03:38 AM   #9
Amochosto
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me
I just got a Sky-Dweller TT White last week. I have a 7 3/4 wrist. With the bracelet the SD came with when I am in an air conditioned space and my wrist isn’t swollen, it fits tight but fine with the micro extensions in the widest position and easy link retracted. In hot temperatures and swollen wrists it fits fine with easy link extended.

I hope you enjoy it. Which colour are you getting?
Amochosto is offline   Reply With Quote