The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 1 October 2007, 11:51 AM   #1
hoskilee

Icon7 Where to get my TT Sub Blue-Need OpinionS

I have been reading the posts in this forum and got a lot of valuable information. Thank you all~

I would like to ask a question about where I should get my first Rolex. I want to get a TT-Submariner w/ blue dial. There is an AD in my town who has the watch priced at $7825. I saw an exact watch at www.swissluxury.com priced at $6038 (if paid w/ wire transfer). I am thinking about buying it at www.swissluxury.com since it's less expensive. Do you guys know if they are good people to buy a Rolex from? I am afraid to buy from internet vendors for the fear of receiving fake Rolex. Please help me to make a good decision.
hoskilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2007, 12:52 PM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Welcome to TRF.

I have heard that swissluxury is an OK company - but that is second hand.

Also good companies to deal with are Alan Furman.com, and Bernard watches

Perhaps some others will chime in about your choice...

Tools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2007, 01:07 PM   #3
Letsgodiving
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD 16600
I have never dealt with them but I have heard both good and bad from other members. I think it was Mike who said another site lists them in their "bad guys" section I believe it was called. Alan Furman seems to have a pretty good reputation and they have a brick & mortar shop in Maryland. Good luck.
Letsgodiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2007, 02:04 PM   #4
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
MY AD will sell you a new one 10% off. No sales tax. About $7000 out the door. They won't ship though. If you make it out to Oregon, I'll set it up for you.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2007, 02:07 PM   #5
frostie
1,000,000th PostMember

welcome to TRF
frostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2007, 07:17 PM   #6
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Welcome to TRF

Casey is good also. I know someone here who has dealt with him and is very happy.

http://www.preownedrolex.com/
Old 2 October 2007, 04:20 AM   #7
toddb
"TRF" Member

Watch: Xplorer 40
havent dealt with these guys; but they have a pretty bigg webb site
called steindiamonds.com in LA if anyone visits them, please let me know how they are.............
toddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2007, 04:36 AM   #8
frostie
1,000,000th PostMember

preownedrolex.com is a good site.
Old 2 October 2007, 04:36 AM   #9
frostie
1,000,000th PostMember

never heard of steindiamonds.com
Old 2 October 2007, 05:03 AM   #10
Tripp11
"TRF" Member

Watch: TOG,PAM312,BR03-92
I ended up getting my SS TOG at swissluxury.com and I would deal with them again. The watch was 100% as advertised and exactly as it should come with all boxes, papers, etc... It also came with the warranty card.
Tripp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2007, 05:15 AM   #11
Zack
deregistered

Watch: 16610
Go ahead and buy it for MSRP from your local AD. You won't lose any sleep over it and you'll always have peace of mind.
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2007, 02:36 AM   #12
hoskilee

Thanks for your posts!!

Thanks for the posts. I will try either the AD or Alan Furman. Alan Furman sent me an email today saying that they will match the price of TT Sub Blue @ $6038 that is being offered by swissluxury.com (Alan Furman's cost was $6250). Since Alan Furman has a better reputation in our forum, Alan Furman will most likely get my business unless my AD in town is willing to negotiate.

Thanks All~
Old 3 October 2007, 02:38 AM   #13
Robb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoskilee View Post
Thanks for the posts. I will try either the AD or Alan Furman. Alan Furman sent me an email today saying that they will match the price of TT Sub Blue @ $6038 that is being offered by swissluxury.com (Alan Furman's cost was $6250). Since Alan Furman has a better reputation in our forum, Alan Furman will most likely get my business unless my AD in town is willing to negotiate.

Thanks All~

Thats a great price. I seriously doubt your AD will match $6038!!!!
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2007, 02:40 AM   #14
hoskilee

Yeah~ I don't think so either.
Old 3 October 2007, 03:26 AM   #15
Tools

Go for it....

The forum could use another Blue Sub......

(Don't you really want one of these...???)
Old 3 October 2007, 03:59 AM   #16
Zack
deregistered

Watch: 16610
That's good stuff hoskilee! Keep us posted!
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2007, 04:20 AM   #17
Tripp11
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Thanks All~
Alan Furman is a solid grey dealer and has a good reputation around these parts.

The sole reason I chose swissluxury over Alan Furman was that I was told by another forum member that swissluxury includes the warranty card/paperwork for their Rolex items. When my Rolex arrived, sure enough the warranty card was included with the purchaser's name area left blank.

Regardless, good luck!
Old 3 October 2007, 09:50 AM   #18
hoskilee

Tripp11,

What do you mean by warrenty card was included. Was it Rolex warrenty card? or swissluxury,com warrenty card? Probably a swissluxury.com warrenty card if I had to guess......
Old 3 October 2007, 11:18 AM   #19
Tools

Hoskilee

Alan Furman sends you all the paperwork too, including the Rolex warranty card, for what it's worth.

But don't be confused by this claim from any grey dealer....If you had a warranty issue, Rolex was given the purchase date that watch was sold on by the original AD who sold it to the Grey Dealer... You would most likely have to produce both the warranty card and an invoice from the original AD whom Rolex sent it to. If things don't match they will deny a warranty claim...They will still repair it, just not under warranty.

Never-the-less, what Alan Furman does do.....they give you their own lifetime warranty on a Rolex sold by them, and they have watchmakers on staff at their Maryland Store.

Old 3 October 2007, 11:20 AM   #20
Rawhyde

Watch: Blue Sub+Tud Chron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
Go for it....

The forum could use another Blue Sub......

(Don't you really want one of these...???)
C'mon Tools, admit it....you're just looking for a buyer for that thing so you can get a Blue one!

Rawhyde
Rawhyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2007, 09:45 PM   #21
Tripp11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Tripp11,

What do you mean by warrenty card was included. Was it Rolex warrenty card? or swissluxury,com warrenty card? Probably a swissluxury.com warrenty card if I had to guess......
It was an authentic Rolex Warranty Card just like all the Rolexes now come with.

NOT a swissluxury card.
Old 3 October 2007, 09:50 PM   #22
Tripp11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hoskilee

Alan Furman sends you all the paperwork too, including the Rolex warranty card, for what it's worth.

But don't be confused by this claim from any grey dealer....If you had a warranty issue, Rolex was given the purchase date that watch was sold on by the original AD who sold it to the Grey Dealer... You would most likely have to produce both the warranty card and an invoice from the original AD whom Rolex sent it to. If things don't match they will deny a warranty claim...They will still repair it, just not under warranty.

Never-the-less, what Alan Furman does do.....they give you their own lifetime warranty on a Rolex sold by them, and they have watchmakers on staff at their Maryland Store.

Tools - How can Rolex dictate that a person provide a receipt as well? For example, let's say my brother went to an AD and bought me a Rolex as a gift and the AD left the purchaser section blank on the warranty card for me to complete when he gave me the watch. Most people aren't going to hand over a receipt illustrating how much the gift was, you know? If it was a gift and I have the warranty card, I wouldn't have the receipt from the AD documenting the purchase. So, you're essentially saying, Rolex will deny all warranty covered service if you don't provide a receipt?
Old 3 October 2007, 11:15 PM   #23
marshallr47
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona,TT Sub,GMT
Quote:
I have been reading the posts in this forum and got a lot of valuable information. Thank you all~

I would like to ask a question about where I should get my first Rolex. I want to get a TT-Submariner w/ blue dial. There is an AD in my town who has the watch priced at $7825. I saw an exact watch at www.swissluxury.com priced at $6038 (if paid w/ wire transfer). I am thinking about buying it at www.swissluxury.com since it's less expensive. Do you guys know if they are good people to buy a Rolex from? I am afraid to buy from internet vendors for the fear of receiving fake Rolex. Please help me to make a good decision.

Another option is the "for sale" page in this forum. I believe there are several TT blueys for sale. Good luck on you search.
Old 4 October 2007, 12:36 AM   #24
Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp11 View Post
Tools - How can Rolex dictate that a person provide a receipt as well? For example, let's say my brother went to an AD and bought me a Rolex as a gift and the AD left the purchaser section blank on the warranty card for me to complete when he gave me the watch. Most people aren't going to hand over a receipt illustrating how much the gift was, you know? If it was a gift and I have the warranty card, I wouldn't have the receipt from the AD documenting the purchase. So, you're essentially saying, Rolex will deny all warranty covered service if you don't provide a receipt?
Tripp,

I'm not saying what Rolex does is right, I'm just saying they have asked for the receipt when things don't match. As I've said, when the original AD sells the watch, whether to a Grey Dealer or Customer, as part of inventory control and re-stock....that watch serial number is identified as sold. When a customer fills out their own "open papers" they will not match.. But let me also say, I have never seen "open papers" from a Grey Dealer except for purchaser name....they have always had the date stamped of the date of sale.. For those papers, my guess would be that any name filled in would be normal.
Old 4 October 2007, 01:10 AM   #25
Tripp11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Tripp,

I'm not saying what Rolex does is right, I'm just saying they have asked for the receipt when things don't match. As I've said, when the original AD sells the watch, whether to a Grey Dealer or Customer, as part of inventory control and re-stock....that watch serial number is identified as sold. When a customer fills out their own "open papers" they will not match.. But let me also say, I have never seen "open papers" from a Grey Dealer except for purchaser name....they have always had the date stamped of the date of sale.. For those papers, my guess would be that any name filled in would be normal.
That clears it up. I do understand that Rolex deems the warranty non-transferable.

Thanks for the clarification!