The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 8 March 2019, 01:43 AM   #541
austinp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
that is awesome. keep it up. the compliments are always encouraging. maintain the discipline. and keep the mindset. it is a lifestyle, not a race, nor a one time goal.

i am hovering about 5lbs down from my start. i would still like to lose another 10. but, i do think i am putting on muscle. i have shifted much of my cardio to resistance and i am eating a lot more protein.

for certain, my pants fit better. and i too have gotten comments on how i am looking thinner. i really don't like being called skinny though. lmao, i prefer lean....

i am getting good at getting out of bed a 4:30, gym by 5. 20 minutes of cardio followed by 40 minutes of resistance and 10 minutes of stretching/core building. i am enjoying it immensely. I have always worked out. But I am getting deeper into it and this new routine suits me.

i am also getting good at closing my office door around 4:30 pm and taking a quick power nap. then in bed by 9:00. this routine suits me very well.

not sure i am going to meet my body fat goals. not sure if the pros outweigh the cons at this point. i am glad i have always enjoyed exercise though. because truly, the diet is my challenge. and while eating well, i have a lot of room for improvement.

great quote i just read. actually a fortune cookie

"if you develop the habits of success, you will make success a habit".
Great quote and congratulations on sticking with the new routine! I hope to get after the exercise soon.
austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2019, 01:44 AM   #542
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinp View Post
Way to go, Tom. Fantastic results. I cant drink as much either which may save me some money to buy more watches. So win win.
Yeah I calculated how much money I’d save by not drinking at all and it’s a Rolex per year
Old 21 March 2019, 02:14 PM   #543
Danny83
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
Never in my life I thought I would diet and stick to it. As some of my TRF buddies have noticed not that many food pics. I have been on a keto diet and have a personal nutritionists and im down 30lbs since around Christmas time. Im still gonna cheat sometimes though lol.
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 09:00 PM   #544
1st amg

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
That's incredible D! I admire your dedication, keep it up, would love to see before and after pics one day.
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 09:15 PM   #545
antbkny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dblue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny83 View Post
Never in my life I thought I would diet and stick to it. As some of my TRF buddies have noticed not that many food pics. I have been on a keto diet and have a personal nutritionists and im down 30lbs since around Christmas time. Im still gonna cheat sometimes though lol.
Awesome job. Same situation with me. I’m not perfect but I’m on track most of the time and making progress. One thing that’s great with low carb/Keto is that you can still eat great food at great restaurants!
antbkny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 09:44 PM   #546
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:
That is awesome keep it up man!!!
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2019, 10:27 PM   #547
austinp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thats fantastic! Well done. It really is awesome how much better you feel carrying less weight around. Down 29 here.
Old 22 March 2019, 12:31 AM   #548
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Nice work Danny! I’m hovering around down 22 at this point but still noticing changes so I think it’s a plateau and I will continue to lose fat.
Old 22 March 2019, 03:01 AM   #549
rmlovett1

Watch: YTBD
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Nice work Danny! I’m hovering around down 22 at this point but still noticing changes so I think it’s a plateau and I will continue to lose fat.
Nice job men!
rmlovett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 08:21 AM   #550
summers
Banned

I've lost about 35lb since 2012 and I'm convinced that 20 of those pounds I lost solely from cutting out soda and iced tea. Replaced it all with lemon water because I still wanted a drink with flavor.
+ I run every morning and working out at least 2-3 tymes per week
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 11:42 PM   #551
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

I am back to eating well (for the most part!) and feeling good. I started a cut last week targeting a 1000 cal/day deficit so that puts me at about 1500 cals per day. I’m eating breakfast, a smallish lunch at 11:30, another smallish lunch at 2:30, and then a smoothie with all of my supplements at night after I get home from the gym. Hitting my macros.
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 12:37 PM   #552
austinp
"TRF" Member

Who's still going? Down 37 here. Still doing the 16/8. Gonna to go for another 15 or so.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 20 April 2019, 12:46 PM   #553
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
You could do what I have to lose 15 pounds, and will at least another 10 over the next two months...

Have a serious case of Diverticulosis that requires surgery (which I’ll have in May and be on a liquid only diet for about a month).

Hmmm..... come to think of it... I would suggest trying something else first.
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 01:12 PM   #554
yoniman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234, 116613LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
You could do what I have to lose 15 pounds, and will at least another 10 over the next two months...

Have a serious case of Diverticulosis that requires surgery (which I’ll have in May and be on a liquid only diet for about a month).

Hmmm..... come to think of it... I would suggest trying something else first.
Hey Paul,

Good luck on your surgery. On the upside you are most certainly going to lose some more weight.

Was being a fighter pilot a factor?

Googling that six syllable condition is something to be concerned about for us men of certain age

I am also certain you will come out of that surgery better.

Cheers
yoniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 01:47 PM   #555
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoniman View Post
Hey Paul,

Good luck on your surgery. On the upside you are most certainly going to lose some more weight.

Was being a fighter pilot a factor?

Googling that six syllable condition is something to be concerned about for us men of certain age

I am also certain you will come out of that surgery better.

Cheers

Thank you for the kind words Jesse, Surgery is set for May 14. As to being a fighter pilot, subjected to G loading, I honestly don’t know if it has anything to do with it. That’s a good question.
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2019, 01:12 PM   #556
Romeojk

Watch: Submariner 114060
I am totally off the deep end. Ugh.

It's time to turn the corner and start back on the right path!

Paul, good luck with your surgery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romeojk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2019, 07:52 PM   #557
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Ive fallen off the wagon... gained 1 inch on the waist line. Stronger st the gym tho but havent been watching what ive been eatingz

Going to try to get back on. Starting today.
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2019, 08:56 PM   #558
BreguetRolex
Banned

Watch: TIMEX
Just seen this thread and I fall into this category. I was a FAT 265LB guy and now I tip the scales at just about 150lbs. 115LB weight loss by life style change and dedication. I lost the weight in a little over 6 1/2 months..here is a before and current pic..

33204844_10211892321529391_5996507599212642304_n.jpg

IMG_1899.JPG
BreguetRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2019, 11:46 PM   #559
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreguetRolex View Post
Just seen this thread and I fall into this category. I was a FAT 265LB guy and now I tip the scales at just about 150lbs. 115LB weight loss by life style change and dedication. I lost the weight in a little over 6 1/2 months..here is a before and current pic..

Attachment 1039579

Attachment 1039580
How tall are you and how long has it been since you’ve lost all that weight?
Old 7 May 2019, 12:24 AM   #560
BreguetRolex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Crusher View Post
How tall are you and how long has it been since you’ve lost all that weight?

I am little over 5ft 10 inches tall and that new life style was almost 13 years ago, lost it in 6 months and I am 65 1/2 now (recent Picture above) and not one single pound gained in the 13+ years...Here is another of me last November in the Arabian Desert cycling solo Dubai, UAE

IMG_1299.JPG

IMG_1279.JPG
Old 7 May 2019, 12:52 AM   #561
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Just this thought.

Exercise is good for overall health, heart and lungs and muscle tone but it's not the best way to lose weight for most people. Diet is.

Cut the grains, cut the carbs, eat real food, up the good fats, and don't eat junk food or drink sodas and most people will be well on their way.

The problem for exercise as a primary way for weight loss, is over the long haul most people can't and don't stick with it and the weight just comes back. A complete change of lifestyle/diet way of eating WILL last through the long haul because once people start eating real food they have no desire to go back to eating garbage.

If what you eat comes in a box or package chances are it's not food. If you read the ingredients and you don't recognize the names, chances are it's not food. If it's advertised on TV chances are it's not food.

That doesn't mean you can't eat pizza or sugar infested stuff once in a while, it just can't be a part of your diet/lifestyle eating choices.

A very eye opening book called the Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf, a biochemist, is a great resource because it talks not about this or that fads about what to eat, but instead what happens to our bodies when we eat food. How each food is processed in our digestive organs and how that affects our health and our well being. What the 3 macros, carbs, proteins and fats do when we stick them in our mouths.
Blansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2019, 01:00 AM   #562
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Thank you for the kind words Jesse, Surgery is set for May 14. As to being a fighter pilot, subjected to G loading, I honestly don’t know if it has anything to do with it. That’s a good question.
Maybe it was all that Navy chow.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2019, 01:30 AM   #563
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreguetRolex View Post
I am little over 5ft 10 inches tall and that new life style was almost 13 years ago, lost it in 6 months and I am 65 1/2 now (recent Picture above) and not one single pound gained in the 13+ years...Here is another of me last November in the Arabian Desert cycling solo Dubai, UAE

Attachment 1039622

Attachment 1039623
Losing that amount of weight in that time period is beyond impressive, but even more impressive is that you’ve kept the weight off for so long. Really, well done!

I don’t think a lot of people can do what you did. Lots of people are able to drop weight fast with a crazy diet, but end up ballooning back to their original weight (or heavier!) because their diet is not sustainable. Great job and keep it up.
Old 7 May 2019, 01:53 AM   #564
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
Just this thought.

Exercise is good for overall health, heart and lungs and muscle tone but it's not the best way to lose weight for most people. Diet is.

Cut the grains, cut the carbs, eat real food, up the good fats, and don't eat junk food or drink sodas and most people will be well on their way.

The problem for exercise as a primary way for weight loss, is over the long haul most people can't and don't stick with it and the weight just comes back. A complete change of lifestyle/diet way of eating WILL last through the long haul because once people start eating real food they have no desire to go back to eating garbage.

If what you eat comes in a box or package chances are it's not food. If you read the ingredients and you don't recognize the names, chances are it's not food. If it's advertised on TV chances are it's not food.

That doesn't mean you can't eat pizza or sugar infested stuff once in a while, it just can't be a part of your diet/lifestyle eating choices.

A very eye opening book called the Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf, a biochemist, is a great resource because it talks not about this or that fads about what to eat, but instead what happens to our bodies when we eat food. How each food is processed in our digestive organs and how that affects our health and our well being. What the 3 macros, carbs, proteins and fats do when we stick them in our mouths.
Weight loss is 100% diet and to make things even more simple, it boils down to calories in vs calories out. Exercise helps promote weight loss because you burn more calories, creating a larger caloric deficit (assuming your diet remains constant).

IMO, weight loss is a terrible term and people should be focused on FAT loss and muscle maintenance/gain. I’ve seen a lot of people lose a lot of weight, but look terrible and are still unhealthy.

A combination of diet and exercise is the key to health. That is what we should all focus on.

I’d rather stay at my weight by losing 10lbs of fat and gaining 10lbs of muscle than losing 10lbs of fat and not gaining (or maybe even losing) muscle. The number on the scale isn’t the be all end all, but that’s from the perspective of somebody who cares more about health and well being than just appearance.
Old 7 May 2019, 07:03 AM   #565
BreguetRolex
Banned

Quote:
Weight loss is 100% diet and to make things even more simple, it boils down to calories in vs calories out. Exercise helps promote weight loss because you burn more calories, creating a larger caloric deficit (assuming your diet remains constant).

IMO, weight loss is a terrible term and people should be focused on FAT loss and muscle maintenance/gain. I’ve seen a lot of people lose a lot of weight, but look terrible and are still unhealthy.

A combination of diet and exercise is the key to health. That is what we should all focus on.

I’d rather stay at my weight by losing 10lbs of fat and gaining 10lbs of muscle than losing 10lbs of fat and not gaining (or maybe even losing) muscle. The number on the scale isn’t the be all end all, but that’s from the perspective of somebody who cares more about health and well being than just appearance.
Yes 99% of the loss of weight for me was what had gone in my mouth, the physical fitness I do helps me maintain a strong cardio system and over all health. You can not go out and ride your bike expending 1000 calories then come home and stuff your face with 2000 calories..:) Please also look at my thread i just started recently called overweight white 65 year old males in USA.. Give you a little more info about how and what I did..
Old 7 May 2019, 07:15 AM   #566
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Weight loss is 100% diet and to make things even more simple, it boils down to calories in vs calories out. .
Unfortunately this calories in calories out is an outdated concept and why lots of people can't and don't lose weight or put it all back on after a "diet".

What is missing from the equation is hormones and homeostasis and how calories from one macro (carbs, protein, fats) react differently in the body than another.

It's just much more complex than calories in - calories out.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...e-calorie-myth

https://www.marksdailyapple.com/7-co...top-believing/
Old 7 May 2019, 07:43 AM   #567
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Unfortunately this calories in calories out is an outdated concept and why lots of people can't and don't lose weight or put it all back on after a "diet".

What is missing from the equation is hormones and homeostasis and how calories from one macro (carbs, protein, fats) react differently in the body than another.

That is taking things to the next level. We can spend an eternity talking about macro and micronutrients and how they affect you (very interesting topic and I am still learning a lot), but my point is that if you want to lose weight, you need to take in fewer calories than you’re burning.
Old 7 May 2019, 08:04 AM   #568
BreguetRolex
Banned

Quote:

I was able to shed 115lbs 13 years ago and to this day I have not put on one single pound. I read no books, I ask no doctor, i had no advice from anyone, to me it was just common sense and will power. To me all that technical BLAH BLAH stuff would not have helped me out at all. Yes we are all different but looking for the same result.. You need to put your mind to it and keep at it over the long haul. I never ever had gone on "A DIET" as everyone asks, I went and changed my lifestyle that would take me out of the darkness of FAT to a lean and fit machine..:)
Old 7 May 2019, 08:06 AM   #569
BreguetRolex
Banned

Quote:
That is taking things to the next level. We can spend an eternity talking about macro and micronutrients and how they affect you (very interesting topic and I am still learning a lot), but my point is that if you want to lose weight, you need to take in fewer calories than you’re burning.
Yup..Its very simple..Want to lose weight and become fit..? Change your life style accordingly and that is what ever it takes to obtain this goal..
Old 7 May 2019, 10:05 AM   #570
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Again not necessarily. I lost 25 pounds in a month during keto and all I changed was the amount of carbs I was eating. The calories never changed and neither did the exercise level.

The macros changed. The carbs went down, the protein stayed close to the same and the fats went up.

This is one of the reasons that keto is quite popular now. You don’t need to count calories, you simply drop the carbs below 50g a day. It’s about hormones and how you body reacts to the amount of carbs, proteins and fats you take in.

And I’d probably argue that BreguetRolex had great success with his weight loss was more to do with his new diet which is low carb, than it is to the amount of exercise he is doing.