The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 2 January 2019, 06:32 AM   #61
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzHadEnuf View Post

After

Damn, son, you look fit for 58
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 06:34 AM   #62
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Quote:
Burn more calories then you take in. Don’t eat anything from a box, bag or frozen. I’m down 90lbs in just over three years. Oh being patient helps also. Stay off the scale. Your clothes will let you know how you are doing, and your friends and family will start saying, “you need to get to a doctor your getting thin.” Funny no one ever said, “I’m worried about you, you’re really fat.” I got into rock climbing and hiking. Climb in a gym and outdoors 2-3 times a week and 10-15 miles a week ontrail. Once you get lean and strong you can add in all kinds of extra activities. I will admit I eat a lot for crap food on trail. Oh well. Doc took me off my BP meds, Cholesteryl meds and sleep aids. I feel great at 58. Wishing you nothing but success Chewbacca!

Before

After

Thank you

Your story is appealing to me.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 06:35 AM   #63
sokoloka
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
Eating primarily protein and cruciferous vegetables plus becoming a fan of long endurance hikes massively helped cut some unwanted poundage.
Old 2 January 2019, 06:53 AM   #64
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickettt View Post
It doesn't sound healthy or sustainable to me, but if it's working for you, I can't argue. Good luck to you.
I’ve got a handful of friends that have tried this with great results.

They were all in good shape trying to get to another level. And they did. Apparently love handles melted away and abs became visible.

It actually sounds interesting to me. After all, it gives your body time to digest the food without stuffing more in. And then it gives the body some time to actually be hungry and feed off the fat.

Seems reasonable to me.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 06:55 AM   #65
Burlington
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Burn more calories then you take in. Don’t eat anything from a box, bag or frozen. I’m down 90lbs in just over three years. Oh being patient helps also. Stay off the scale. You’re clothes will let you know how you are doing, and your friends and family will start saying, “you need to get to a doctor your getting thin.” Funny no one ever said, “I’m worried about you, you’re really fat.” I got into rock climbing and hiking. Climb in a gym and outdoors 2-3 times a week and 10-15 miles a week ontrail. Once you get lean and strong you can add in all kinds of extra activities. I will admit I eat a lot for crap food on trail. Oh well. Doc took me off my BP meds, Cholesteryl meds and sleep aids. I feel great at 58. Wishing you nothing but success Chewbacca!

Before

After

Huge Congrats !

That’s a really impressive effort.

Good general advice to avoid heavily processed foods - but there are a lot of frozen foods which can be a big help.

Frozen veg, fruit, fish etc. But yes ice cream and frozen cheesecake won’t help that’s for sure ! And watch out for extra hidden calories via added sauces/sugar.

Likewise some ambient choices aren’t always bad - getting familiar with ingredient & nutrition labelling is important. Unfortunately in the US it’s usually more complicated to decipher than in the EU.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 07:11 AM   #66
1st amg
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
All excellent ideas and tips, I have nothing new to add. Just need to find a sure fire way to motivate and stick to the plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 07:16 AM   #67
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
All excellent ideas and tips, I have nothing new to add. Just need to find a sure fire way to motivate and stick to the plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually this might be the best tip.

Lots of things work regarding exercise and weight loss.

The most challenging part is sticking with it. It all takes time and dedication to staying consistent.

Old 2 January 2019, 07:33 AM   #68
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Eat less and exercise more. Specifically: eat smaller portions. Don't worry so much about what you eat, but how much. IMO
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 07:33 AM   #69
mdx77
"TRF" Member

Speaking first hand, I made all those changes and lost over 100 pounds last year. Cutting it all out will make you feel 1,000,000% better. No joke. The photo is a before/after for me....It takes incredible willpower but it can be done!! My best advice however is something called intermittent fasting. Basically, you only eat during an 8 hour window during the day. It takes some experimentation at different times during the day to see what works for you, but do the research and just do it. It will work! Just give it time. Not a week, not a month....but after about 10-12 weeks you'll really see the difference. DOn't give up and good luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg fullsizeoutput_1a78.jpeg (168.9 KB, 216 views)
“This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the BLUE pill - the story ends; you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the RED pill - you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.”

Rolex Submariner 116610LV Hulk | Rolex GMT 16710 Pepsi | Omega Speedmaster “Speedy Tuesday” | Tudor Black Bay 79220R “ETA Rose” | Tudor Pelagos Blue Dial | Rolex Submariner Yellow Gold 116618LB | Rolex Milgauss “Z-Blue” 116400GV
mdx77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 07:53 AM   #70
RolexReviews
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdx77 View Post
Speaking first hand, I made all those changes and lost over 100 pounds last year. Cutting it all out will make you feel 1,000,000% better. No joke. The photo is a before/after for me....It takes incredible willpower but it can be done!! My best advice however is something called intermittent fasting. Basically, you only eat during an 8 hour window during the day. It takes some experimentation at different times during the day to see what works for you, but do the research and just do it. It will work! Just give it time. Not a week, not a month....but after about 10-12 weeks you'll really see the difference. DOn't give up and good luck!
glad to see someone on the same diet with great results

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
RolexReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 08:05 AM   #71
denmanproject
"TRF" Member

Great info here
denmanproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 08:27 AM   #72
mdx77
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexYouTube View Post
glad to see someone on the same diet with great results

Just a quick f/u...I did it with Isagenix (Still use) and a membership to Orange Theory Fitness - 3-4 days a week. Both I highly recommend.
“This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the BLUE pill - the story ends; you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the RED pill - you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.”

Rolex Submariner 116610LV Hulk | Rolex GMT 16710 Pepsi | Omega Speedmaster “Speedy Tuesday” | Tudor Black Bay 79220R “ETA Rose” | Tudor Pelagos Blue Dial | Rolex Submariner Yellow Gold 116618LB | Rolex Milgauss “Z-Blue” 116400GV
Old 2 January 2019, 08:27 AM   #73
CamSLC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Patek
Quote:

Real results! Congratulation on an incredible improvement!
CamSLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 08:32 AM   #74
swils8610
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

My primary doctor has always said if it comes in a crinkly bag don’t eat it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
swils8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 08:32 AM   #75
offrdmania
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Once a year I do Isagenix. I always lose 10% of my starting weight by doing the 30 day weight loss kit. Im about to start it this week.
Old 2 January 2019, 08:34 AM   #76
mdx77
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamSLC View Post
Real results! Congratulation on an incredible improvement!
Even better, going back to the AD to have a couple Links taken off now that my wrist is smaller I have since bought a kit to do it myself, but still, it's a great feeling!

Old 2 January 2019, 08:37 AM   #77
RolexReviews
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Even better, going back to the AD to have a couple Links taken off now that my wrist is smaller
The next time I take my Rolex out of the safe I might have to do the same thing, most of my clothes are baggy now so I could imagine my wrist would be smaller too next month some time

Old 2 January 2019, 08:41 AM   #78
mdx77
"TRF" Member

For motivation, one more photo. Words can't describe the feeling of buying new clothes that fit well and how good you feel. inside and out. I've lived it and know how hard it is. But if you really want it, go get it. If I can help in any way, please feel free to ask!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg fullsizeoutput_1a79.jpeg (233.2 KB, 209 views)

Old 2 January 2019, 09:13 AM   #79
littleolemoi
"TRF" Member

Key to weight loss in my humble opinion is what you DON'T put in your mouth!

Portion control is important but carbs for me is like kryptonite!!

Being Asian it's not easy since it seems we eat rice with every single meal! Bread and pastas are rare treats as well.

Protein?? Hhmmm I'll go crazy on protein and gobble that up as if there's no tomorrow though!!

Hours of cardios should also help good luck!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
littleolemoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 09:34 AM   #80
timedate
-

all you do is eat half of what you are eating now for 6 months,

then increase it to two thirds of what you were originally eating

then regulate your weight using this method

throw in some excercise and the weight will fall off

you still eat all the good stuff but you just eat less of it,

eating too much is how we get fat, we just stop doing that, diets are unnecessary.
timedate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 09:38 AM   #81
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
I went from 310 to 260 in the last 5 months:

1. Reduce alcohol to 1x week

2. Stop all artificial sweeteners

3. Work our harder with professional athlete

4. Eat salad for lunch during week

5. Mostly cut out carbs

It’s not too hard.
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 09:42 AM   #82
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I’ve got a handful of friends that have tried this with great results.

They were all in good shape trying to get to another level. And they did. Apparently love handles melted away and abs became visible.

It actually sounds interesting to me. After all, it gives your body time to digest the food without stuffing more in. And then it gives the body some time to actually be hungry and feed off the fat.

Seems reasonable to me.
Like I said, I can't argue if it's working for him. 1000 cal/day is a crazy thought to me. Keeping in mind, I'm a retired pro cyclist who was used to burning 3000 cal/day actively, while my basal metabolic rate was another 3000 or so. I was 5'10", 148-152 for years and ate an obscene amount. Today, if I try to eat less than 1500 cal, I get hANGRY, get headaches, and feel like I'm going to pass out whenever I stand up.
pickettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 09:44 AM   #83
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

^^^

I’m more interested in the intertmitant fasting.

I think I’m going to try it. But with typical calorie intake.

Old 2 January 2019, 09:45 AM   #84
timedate
-

carbs dont make you fat, too many calories like ice cream and cakes make you fat, no carbs in those.

dieting is a massive industry, avoid it and just eat less instead.
timedate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 10:04 AM   #85
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timedate View Post
carbs dont make you fat, too many calories like ice cream and cakes make you fat, no carbs in those.

It’s not about a diet. It’s about a lifestyle.

Agree. Eat less. But also eat healthy.

Old 2 January 2019, 10:13 AM   #86
VanAdian
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSOTM
2019 Weightloss Advice Thread

I have been following a Keto diet for the last year. Flipped everything I thought I knew about caloric intake and fat on its head.
Prior to starting it I had blood tests performed, physical, etc as I wanted to see how my body responded.
After a year everything looks good lost 30 lbs, all cholesterol markers are in the ideal range, body fat has gone down from 20 to 13%. I feel great, mentally more aware, particularly don’t miss those afternoon malaise attacks.
I did commit to this diet fully, ensuring I was in ketosis for most if not all of the day. It was a huge lifestyle change, particularly in adapting to high fat meals and shopping, and also staying true to it when travelling.
It is a lot of work, but was worth it for me. I can see how it wouldn’t be for everyone though.
I do cheat now on occasion, but a cheat day paired with intermittent fasting ensures I stay on track.

"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." - B. Russell
VanAdian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 10:14 AM   #87
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
Quote:
Originally Posted by timedate View Post

Uhm. Cakes and ice cream have sugar, and cakes have flour. All carbs bro.
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 10:15 AM   #88
RolexReviews
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
It’s not about a diet. It’s about a lifestyle.

Agree. Eat less. But also eat healthy.
Exactly, I eat a lot of grilled chicken now and no bread or rice and no soda, it helps a lot more than what people would think. And on top of that I feel literally 100% better than I ever felt in my life.

once my diet ends I'll take in a few more calories but it doesn't mean I'm going to eat the way I used to eat healthy most of the week

Old 2 January 2019, 11:00 AM   #89
Rolex addict
Banned

Watch: me crash my bike
I absolutely hate the word diet. Light exercise and proper nutrition is key. These fads like keto, paleo, south beach, etc aren’t sustainable. The two books in the picture played a huge part in taking my performance to a new level. I highly recommend them to anyone who is remotely serious about their nutrition. Yes, it’s a lot of work and isn’t easy, but what is your health worth to you?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg B064E955-D667-4C01-8AE7-85594B630D0C.jpeg (155.0 KB, 185 views)
Rolex addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 11:07 AM   #90
CamSLC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by codecow View Post
I went from 310 to 260 in the last 5 months:

1. Reduce alcohol to 1x week

2. Stop all artificial sweeteners

3. Work our harder with professional athlete

4. Eat salad for lunch during week