The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 3 October 2019, 11:33 PM   #31
blada4life
"TRF" Member

This is internet fraud. Go ahead and make a report at IC3. You won’t get a reply right away but you will get a call within 2 weeks. Since you’ve lost money they will act on it.

I just don’t get why someone on WUS would establish a reputation only to flush it on 1 watch. Seems the op did his due diligence, unless the sellers handle was hacked. This stuff always bothers me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blada4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2019, 01:07 AM   #32
Sub993
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blada4life View Post
This is internet fraud. Go ahead and make a report at IC3. You won’t get a reply right away but you will get a call within 2 weeks. Since you’ve lost money they will act on it.

I just don’t get why someone on WUS would establish a reputation only to flush it on 1 watch. Seems the op did his due diligence, unless the sellers handle was hacked. This stuff always bothers me.

Ya crazy. The seller had multiple wrist pics with him wearing the watch in question.
Sub993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2019, 02:49 AM   #33
ReturningSon
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS, Rolex, Seiko
Man this is such a bummer. As most have echoed earlier, wire is just a no go. Yes its easy, fast and no fees are taken out of the transaction but it just leaves the buyer totally exposed.
Im curious what Wells Fargo can do for you. Don't give up. Devote your free time to this little "project" and explore every single avenue. I would tell myself that for $10K these scammers just bought themselves a headache worth $100K.
I really wish you the best of luck and thanks for sharing your story. Any more specifics on the deal and how the Wells Fargo assistance turns out is welcomed.
ReturningSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2019, 01:07 AM   #34
chessers
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR, PP 5227G
The govt are all over wire fraud at present, as a previous poster said, file a report with IC3.
chessers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2019, 02:52 PM   #35
PRD
"TRF" Member

I politely disagree with the benefits of reporting to IC3. Check out these stats from their website:

The statistics gathered by the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) for 2018 show Internet-enabled theft, fraud, and exploitation remain pervasive and were responsible for a staggering $2.7 billion in financial losses in 2018.

In its annual Internet Crime Report, the FBI reports the IC3 received 351,936 complaints in 2018—an average of more than 900 every day. The most frequently reported complaints were for non-payment/non-delivery scams, extortion, and personal data breaches.

I have never heard of anyone having a successful recovery for amounts under $50k with the FBI. At 900 claims filed per day, I sincerely doubt they spend any time on watch sale scams worth $5-$20k but I sure hope I am wrong and there is some recourse for all the scam victims

Last edited by PRD; 6 October 2019 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: Added text
PRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2019, 11:10 PM   #36
blada4life
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRD View Post
I politely disagree with the benefits of reporting to IC3. Check out these stats from their website:

The statistics gathered by the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) for 2018 show Internet-enabled theft, fraud, and exploitation remain pervasive and were responsible for a staggering $2.7 billion in financial losses in 2018.

In its annual Internet Crime Report, the FBI reports the IC3 received 351,936 complaints in 2018—an average of more than 900 every day. The most frequently reported complaints were for non-payment/non-delivery scams, extortion, and personal data breaches.

I have never heard of anyone having a successful recovery for amounts under $50k with the FBI. At 900 claims filed per day, I sincerely doubt they spend any time on watch sale scams worth $5-$20k but I sure hope I am wrong and there is some recourse for all the scam victims

I don’t disagree with you but it happened to me and they did call me. If op wants to message me I have the number of the agent I spoke with for my situation. Nevertheless, even if ops loss isn’t large enough it seems he has enough contact info to make this a somewhat easier find for them and possible recovery. Ic3 will take 5 minutes and like a 2 week wait but even if they don’t call, it’s worth the extra time to at least try.

blada4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2019, 10:31 PM   #37
Joeushki
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Ic3

I filed a report with IC3, and didnt hear anything. Wire I sent was 14K.

Eric Williams - Ballmanmilli@gmail.com..Manmilli was the user ID. I sent the wire to his "Wife" Amanda Williams at a BBVA Bank.

Quote:

Joeushki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2019, 12:34 AM   #38
nb6326
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hear this, OP, but you’re a good dude for sharing. As someone new to the expensive watch world, it’s made me reconsider wiring money in the same manner, especially given that you seem to have been pretty diligent before doing so. You very well may have saved someone from the same fate.

Seems like you have the right mindset though. 10k is an enormous amount of money to me also, but if you were willing to spend that on a watch, it probably didn’t bankrupt you. Like you said, life goes on. Thanks again.
nb6326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2019, 08:54 AM   #39
chessers
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR, PP 5227G
With regard to the IC3 submissions they research the data looking for similarities, so it's always worth reporting. If they see many similar cases, with same accounts used etc, you'll be getting a call.
chessers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2019, 02:12 AM   #40
101031-28
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
Quote:

This is awful

Ian Fleming
101031-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 04:06 AM   #41
RoyalOac
"TRF" Member

Maria Osuna
in Pomona, CA (California)
Age 43

Current Address

2579 Valley Blvd
Pomona, CA 91768-2715

(909) 595-3987 - landline

(909) 272-7543 - wireless

(909) 578-3116 - wireless

(909) 869-5127 - landline

(909) 595-8732 - landline
Rolex Submariner 126613 LB
Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15300ST
RoyalOac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2019, 12:32 PM   #42
watchdogitalia
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX SUB 16610
Hi Sub993 ,
I really am sorry to hear this, especially because it is your dream watch you have had your eye on for so long not to mention loosing that much money.

I have been a member of this forum since 2013 but just started listing watches for sale on this site and these scammers really hurt the business for both sellers and buyers alike.
I know for me being a new seller here even with great references and being in the watch business for 30 years it is going to be an uphill battle. I actually would prefer face to face transactions.
I sell a lot on ebay, that is very risky for sellers, and paypal too is wide open for scamming.

I don't know , there has to be a better way to buy hi dollar items on line. Maybe this opens up a whole new business model for a courier company kind of like uber eats or grub hub, whereby an on line buyer can arrange payment such that a bonded courier is present at the time payment is made and takes delivery of the watch from the seller and then independently ships it to the buyer using the buyers label for example.

May this is a crazy idea, but if that service was available in a lot of major cities I am sure that buyers of $10,000 watches would for peace of mind be willing to pay $100 to $200 for such a service. At these kind of fees it could incentivize a new start up.

Just a thought
watchdogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2019, 12:45 PM   #43
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub993 View Post

I'm NOT writing this post for advice, I understand NOW NOT TO WIRE MONEY to a seller that doesn't have 100+ sales.

I hate that you got scammed but ^^ this is not the right answer for everyone. I just sold an AP RO for $20k+ and received payment by wire. I am not a “grey dealer” but just a watch enthusiast and I am building a solid reputation selling everything from Seiko/Helson, to Blancpain/Omega, Rolex, and now AP.

There have been “trusted sellers” that have gone bad too. It’s a matter of doing your due diligence and balancing that with your risk tolerance.

Again, sorry for your loss - that really sucks, but the advice is bad.
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2019, 01:21 PM   #44
Humble michael
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711 white , 5990,
Icon3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baco Noir View Post
I hate that you got scammed but ^^ this is not the right answer for everyone. I just sold an AP RO for $20k+ and received payment by wire. I am not a “grey dealer” but just a watch enthuhttps://www.gmc.com/locate-gmc-dealer#!?searchTerm=75201&searchType=postalCodesia st and I am building a solid reputation selling everything from Seiko/Helson, to Blancpain/Omega, Rolex, and now AP.

There have been “trusted sellers” that have gone bad too. It’s a matter of doing your due diligence and balancing that with your risk tolerance.

Again, sorry for your loss - that really sucks, but the advice is bad.
The answer is soooo simple - pay w AMX ! :-)
Humble michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2019, 03:51 PM   #45
perry753
"TRF" Member

I have sent an email to the Maria Osuna regarding international wire fraud listed here (google the email address)

Maria Osuna, Administrative Assistant
Upward Bound Chino Valley Program
(909) 869‐5127

The phone number matches the Maria Andrea Osuna from
2579 Valley Blvd
Pomona, CA 91768-2715
perry753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2019, 10:37 AM   #46
Sub993
"TRF" Member

Ya I've tried emailing her and calling. I'm still up shits Creek but still continuing to pursue this scumbag.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
Sub993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2019, 11:37 AM   #47
nektar
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
SCAMMED for $10K....my story

Well.. Idk. I sold my motorcycle to a gentleman, he wired the money, I took care of what he asked... we are both happy. I am sorry about your bad luck.

nektar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2019, 12:20 PM   #48
gtnator
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DSSD, SD43, Pepsi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchdogitalia View Post
Hi Sub993 ,

I really am sorry to hear this, especially because it is your dream watch you have had your eye on for so long not to mention loosing that much money.

I have been a member of this forum since 2013 but just started listing watches for sale on this site and these scammers really hurt the business for both sellers and buyers alike.

I know for me being a new seller here even with great references and being in the watch business for 30 years it is going to be an uphill battle. I actually would prefer face to face transactions.

I sell a lot on ebay, that is very risky for sellers, and paypal too is wide open for scamming.

I don't know , there has to be a better way to buy hi dollar items on line. Maybe this opens up a whole new business model for a courier company kind of like uber eats or grub hub, whereby an on line buyer can arrange payment such that a bonded courier is present at the time payment is made and takes delivery of the watch from the seller and then independently ships it to the buyer using the buyers label for example.

May this is a crazy idea, but if that service was available in a lot of major cities I am sure that buyers of $10,000 watches would for peace of mind be willing to pay $100 to $200 for such a service. At these kind of fees it could incentivize a new start up.

Just a thought

Isn’t that what Chrono24’s entire business mode is?

gtnator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2019, 12:32 PM   #49
G@tor B@it
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tag Professional
How about an update on what Wells Fargo did?

I work for a small Credit Union, we're all in the same business. These days there is so much regulation surrounding opening up accounts. If they opened a fictitious account, they are VERY good. So I'm thinking Wells Fargo has a good chance of knowing their actual identities. But they may have withdrawn the money before you reported it. But if they know who they are, and can corroborate your story for the police, I'm hoping you have a good chance.

Seeing a lot of people who say only use credit cards... Yeah, I get that. But if you're buying from a private party, they can't take credit cards. And for any of us who want/need the best deal possible, seems like a private party deal can save you 4 digits.

Best of luck to you man!
G@tor B@it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2019, 11:35 PM   #50
Humble michael
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711 white , 5990,
Quote:
Originally Posted by G@tor B@it View Post
How about an update on what Wells Fargo did?

I work for a small Credit Union, we're all in the same business. These days there is so much regulation surrounding opening up accounts. If they opened a fictitious account, they are VERY good. So I'm thinking Wells Fargo has a good chance of knowing their actual identities. But they may have withdrawn the money before you reported it. But if they know who they are, and can corroborate your story for the police, I'm hoping you have a good chance.

Seeing a lot of people who say only use credit cards... Yeah, I get that. But if you're buying from a private party, they can't take credit cards. And for any of us who want/need the best deal possible, seems like a private party deal can save you 4 digits.

Best of luck to you man!
Of course they can - PayPal simple answer-
Humble michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2019, 12:44 AM   #51
Maxtor
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Exp 1, DJ Tuxedo
So sorry to read this post. I hope you are able to recover your money and the scammers get the punishment they deserve.
Maxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2019, 01:37 PM   #52
Psijason
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seamster 300 Green
Quote:
Ya I've tried emailing her and calling. I'm still up shits Creek but still continuing to pursue this scumbag.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Call or email her boss. One of his staff is engaging in criminal activity. Might help. I looked up the info online. PM me if you'd like it.
Psijason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2019, 03:07 AM   #53
Dirty John
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalOac View Post
Maria Osuna
in Pomona, CA (California)
Age 43

Current Address

2579 Valley Blvd
Pomona, CA 91768-2715

(909) 595-3987 - landline

(909) 272-7543 - wireless

(909) 578-3116 - wireless

(909) 869-5127 - landline

(909) 595-8732 - landline
Nice
Dirty John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2020, 08:13 AM   #54
RJG
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Did this ever see some resolution ? OP ever see a dime of his $ back ?
RJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2020, 08:45 AM   #55
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJG View Post
Did this ever see some resolution ? OP ever see a dime of his $ back ?
I doubt it. And these scammers are still at large
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=739678
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2020, 01:15 PM   #56
47Fountain
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub & Deep sea
I feel for you OP. I'm no tough guy but if I was out that kind of money& had an address, I would be on a plane immediately.
47Fountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2020, 12:14 AM   #57
Guinsburg
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1968 "Long E" GMT
Hire an attorney, man. This is a felony against you and authorities seldom move in non violent crimes without a court mandate.

If you have to spend 2 or 3k to recoup your hard earned money and find justice against those sociopaths in the process, that seems right to me. I’ll contribute towards your legal fund, brother.

Quote:
Hiring a PI is a expensive option that might not even get me my money back. I've already lost enough money and can't afford to lose more.

I agree that Lopez is just a named they used or stole.

And this is the home address I got for the wire

Maria Osuna
2579 Valley Blvd
Pomona CA
Guinsburg is offline   Reply With Quote