The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 January 2010, 11:46 PM   #1
rolexsubdate
Banned

Don't wear much ... But refuse to get rid of them....

I own 4 Rolex SS models and some beaters .... They are all diver's models. THey don't get much wrist time but I manage to wear them once in a while.
Beaters get most wrist time because they are not pampered.

BUT I do not want to sell my Rolex collection .... Don't need the $$ ...and I know if I sold them, I will be back on the market looking for them ....

I get a lot of joy knowing I own the best divers out there and get as much joy looking at them as wearing them ....just like if you own a ferrari, knowing you have it sitting in your garage t your beck and call, brings as much joy ...you don't have to drive it everyday to feel it....

Anybody else feels like this --- that they don't wear their Rolexes as much BUT refuse to get rid of them?
rolexsubdate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2010, 12:08 AM   #2
DWdrummer
Banned

Keep them. You said yourself if you did sell them, then you would want to buy the again later. Rolex watches are only going to up, not down in the future. Keep them, even if you dont wear them, you own them and can wear them as you see fit.

You can never have too many Rolex watches.

Post pics, we love pics.
DWdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2010, 12:08 AM   #3
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexsubdate View Post
I own 4 Rolex SS models and some beaters .... They are all diver's models. THey don't get much wrist time but I manage to wear them once in a while.
Beaters get most wrist time because they are not pampered.

BUT I do not want to sell my Rolex collection .... Don't need the $$ ...and I know if I sold them, I will be back on the market looking for them ....

I get a lot of joy knowing I own the best divers out there and get as much joy looking at them as wearing them ....just like if you own a ferrari, knowing you have it sitting in your garage t your beck and call, brings as much joy ...you don't have to drive it everyday to feel it....

Anybody else feels like this --- that they don't wear their Rolexes as much BUT refuse to get rid of them?
Well yes Rolex watches are fine watches but not the best divers watch in todays modern age.Many watches today mechanical and quartz have far more diving related information than a very simple time laspe bezel.Most divers today use a computor with a mechanical or quartz watch as just a back up. A Rolex is for life I would not even think of selling..

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2010, 01:23 AM   #4
Speed
"TRF" Member

+1 Padi :-)
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2010, 01:31 AM   #5
sakuraba
"TRF" Member

Watch: sun dial
I've never even thought of selling any of mine.

Regret is the greatest burden to bear.
sakuraba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2010, 01:36 AM   #6
DESP-MAN

selling my rolex? it is as hard as selling my wife.
DESP-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2010, 02:09 AM   #7
sea-dweller
"TRF" Member

I wear one everyday, the only exception is when I feel like wearing a G Shock !
TRF Member #6699 (since September 2007)
sea-dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2010, 02:16 AM   #8
Renoir
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
+1 Padi :-)
+2
Renoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2010, 03:06 AM   #9
JBat
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16610, DJ
I feel the same way, in that I wouldn't sell mine unless I was in absolute dire straits, but they are going to get worn. I enjoy them too much to let them languish in a drawer.
JBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2010, 03:51 AM   #10
taljamil
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060,16570,16220
I once owned three Datejusts and an Oyster Perpetual that almost never got wrist time because I wear my sports models. I sold them and I have been looking to replace them with identical models ever since. I genuinely regret selling these watches. If you don't need the money then please hang on to them. The worst feeling is to be in my position looking for the same models and dates of production as my previous timepieces.
taljamil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2010, 03:58 AM   #11
RolexPete
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270 Mk2
I only sell now if I am looking to upgrade (older DJ to more recent DJ, etc).

2016 Explorer 214270 Mk2 - 1996 Submariner 14060* - 1972 Datejust 1601
1972 Oyster Perpetual 1002 - 1978 Oysterquartz 17000
Omega Seamaster 2265.80 - Omega Seamaster 300 166.0324
*RIP PAL 1942-2015
RolexPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2010, 04:13 AM   #12
tandrup
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M
To flip or not to flip. That is the question.

I'll share my perspective and experience:

Perspective A): I flipped the first White Expy II I bought a couple of years ago and regretted it very quickly, so I had to go out an buy another one. I found a pre-owned at the same price as I sold mine for, so I didn't really loose any money, but it irritated me.

Perspective B): My wife has just declared that she likes the TT 178273 with a diamond dial and that comes with a MSRP of nearly $10k. So now I am looking at flipping my 116200 to help finance a nice watch for her. And that's where perspective A) comes into the picture. I am afraid that if I flip the DJ, I will be in the market for another one in a couple of months.

I really don't know what to do... Right now, I am waiting to make up my mind, but I think my situation is similar to what a lot of us that don't have unlimited funding sources go through on a regular basis.

Oh, and then there is the Bluesy that keeps playing with my mind. I can't get it out of my mind, that I need one of those - and that doesn't help either.

Sometimes I truly feel like a drug addict - and take a look at the words we often use to describe our passion: craving, lusting, need, flipping to get the next one,...

For now I think I will take a cold turkey and not flip or buy anything for myself for at least a week... :-)

Sorry for ranting - but then again: I am drug addict, so what do you expect?
Georg Jensen 2347
tandrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2010, 07:50 AM   #13
petesjag
"TRF" Member

I dont wear mine everyday but lavish the idea of being able to wear a rolex, a breitling or omega when i choose too....A pure luxuary...
petesjag is offline   Reply With Quote