uliviero1
Banned

Congrats!
uliviero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2018, 04:28 AM   #32
Sterling.GmbH
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai
Congrats on the acquisition. Great piece!
Sterling.GmbH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2018, 11:51 AM   #33
bruinmd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek/Rolex/GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevets750 View Post
I'm on the verge of picking up a 682 but have put on the brakes after reading about it's bezel having too much play and being too loose. I came across this thread on the 682 so I'm looking for input. Has anyone had an issue with the bezel? Thanks so much for any input!!
Bump.
I'd love to hear more about this as well from those who may know, as I've been seriously considering the 682.
bruinmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2018, 04:02 AM   #34
philster
"TRF" Member

Nice pickup! Makes me think about getting back into Panerai!
philster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2018, 12:53 PM   #35
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinmd View Post
Bump.

I'd love to hear more about this as well from those who may know, as I've been seriously considering the 682.

The bezel is a bit loose compared to, say, a sub... but only noticeable when you fiddle with it like a fidget spinner. It doesn’t rattle under normal conditions, and clicks normally and holds its position firmly when using it as intended. Doesn’t bother me at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2018, 02:28 PM   #36
mikester
"TRF" Member

Congrats! thats a beauty!
mikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2018, 11:26 PM   #37
ctumz45
"TRF" Member

congrats!
ctumz45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2018, 11:18 AM   #38
bruinmd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek/Rolex/GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR16 View Post
The bezel is a bit loose compared to, say, a sub... but only noticeable when you fiddle with it like a fidget spinner. It doesn’t rattle under normal conditions, and clicks normally and holds its position firmly when using it as intended. Doesn’t bother me at all.

thanks. Fingers crossed, I will get to try on the 682 this coming week.

I read some accounts of other PAM submersibles that had 'loose' bezels that ended up becoming more of a nuisance than an actual issue
bruinmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2018, 05:15 PM   #39
rpjp3
"TRF" Member

A belated congrats on the 682! I just received mine yesterday.

For anyone that’s still trying to understand the situation with the exhibition and solid case backs, I can save you some time figuring this out as I went through the exact same thing over the last couple of weeks.

The 682 was new for 2017, and the first year “T” series models have the exhibition case back. Panerai changed it to a solid case back for the 2018 “U” series. The ADs I’ve spoken to either had no idea it had changed, or could only speculate as to why. Some think it was somehow due to water resistance rating, and others to reducing production costs. The water resistance rating is the same on both series. I actually called Panerai customer support to see if they were aware of any issues with the exhibition case back that led to the change. The rep said she had received this question before and after asking internally was told the change was made for creative reasons. She said she was not aware of any known issues with the exhibition case back.

If you strongly prefer the exhibition case back, the only ways to get one now are buying used, on the grey market, or looking for new old stock at an AD, where they received one last year and it hasn’t yet sold. Some ADs do still have them, but finding one takes some work. Just ask people to confirm they have a “T” series first and that it has the exhibition case back in the event Panerai changed the back during the first year production cycle. It seems unlikely, but possible. I’ve personally seen “T” series samples in the 100, 500, and 700 numerical ranges with the exhibition case backs. I received mine yesterday from an AD that still had a new sample with the exhibition case back in stock.

For those who like the exhibition case back, it seems that the 2017 model may be a sort of pseudo special edition with only 1,000 being made that year, presumably all with the exhibition case back:-).

I hope this helps others.
rpjp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2018, 03:57 AM   #40
rockmastermike
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1982 16750
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpjp3 View Post
A belated congrats on the 682! I just received mine yesterday.

For anyone that’s still trying to understand the situation with the exhibition and solid case backs, I can save you some time figuring this out as I went through the exact same thing over the last couple of weeks.

The 682 was new for 2017, and the first year “T” series models have the exhibition case back. Panerai changed it to a solid case back for the 2018 “U” series. The ADs I’ve spoken to either had no idea it had changed, or could only speculate as to why. Some think it was somehow due to water resistance rating, and others to reducing production costs. The water resistance rating is the same on both series. I actually called Panerai customer support to see if they were aware of any issues with the exhibition case back that led to the change. The rep said she had received this question before and after asking internally was told the change was made for creative reasons. She said she was not aware of any known issues with the exhibition case back.

If you strongly prefer the exhibition case back, the only ways to get one now are buying used, on the grey market, or looking for new old stock at an AD, where they received one last year and it hasn’t yet sold. Some ADs do still have them, but finding one takes some work. Just ask people to confirm they have a “T” series first and that it has the exhibition case back in the event Panerai changed the back during the first year production cycle. It seems unlikely, but possible. I’ve personally seen “T” series samples in the 100, 500, and 700 numerical ranges with the exhibition case backs. I received mine yesterday from an AD that still had a new sample with the exhibition case back in stock.

For those who like the exhibition case back, it seems that the 2017 model may be a sort of pseudo special edition with only 1,000 being made that year, presumably all with the exhibition case back:-).

I hope this helps others.
Awesome, thank you and congratulations
rockmastermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 02:21 PM   #41
melrob1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevets750 View Post
I'm on the verge of picking up a 682 but have put on the brakes after reading about it's bezel having too much play and being too loose. I came across this thread on the 682 so I'm looking for input. Has anyone had an issue with the bezel? Thanks so much for any input!!
Depends on the watch. I tried two on in Italy. One was pretty lose. But both AD’s and one being the first ever Panerai Corp store said it was normal. I ended up purchasing one from a trusted seller and my mine is not lose at all.
melrob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 03:31 PM   #42
rpjp3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by melrob1 View Post
Depends on the watch. I tried two on in Italy. One was pretty lose. But both AD’s and one being the first ever Panerai Corp store said it was normal. I ended up purchasing one from a trusted seller and my mine is not lose at all.

Is the looseness in question related to rotating the bezel or lateral movement of the bezel?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 23 June 2018, 09:13 PM   #43
Nevets750
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Is the looseness in question related to rotating the bezel or lateral movement of the bezel?

My concern was the rotation and specifically if the bezel would move if bumped. I had a JLC where that would happen and I ended up selling it. I did wind up buying the PAM 682 a couple weeks ago and I absolutely love it. There is no issue at all with the bezel. While the bezel rotation is not tight, it absolutely won't move from a bump. Hope this helps!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Nevets750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 03:20 PM   #44
melrob1
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Then movement I noticed in Italy was from side to side. Rotation is not an issue. Mine is super tight.
melrob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 04:23 PM   #45
rpjp3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by melrob1 View Post
Then movement I noticed in Italy was from side to side. Rotation is not an issue. Mine is super tight.

Gotcha. I see the same thing in mine.

Old 29 June 2018, 12:36 AM   #46
doctorstrange
Banned

what a nice 42mm submersible, i might need to get one after seeing your post!
doctorstrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2018, 12:26 PM   #47
philster
"TRF" Member

Couldn’t resist - just picked up one today; the 42mm is perfect and I think Panerai rubber straps are one of the more comfortable straps I have worn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
philster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2018, 07:56 PM   #48
Ju74
"TRF" Member

Congrats!
Ju74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2018, 12:34 AM   #49
rambo99
Banned

Watch: SD43,PAM1616,Hulk
in hindsight, you should have better get the hulk first and then get the 682 now. congratulations anyway, 682 is a brilliant dive watch.
rambo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2019, 03:24 AM   #50
holdtime
Banned

Thank you for the explanation on series U and T.
holdtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2019, 03:28 AM   #51
holdtime
Banned

Quote:
Thanks to everyone on this and main forum for their advise. Was able to score a good deal on the 682, and for me it’s a 42mm or nothing given my cursed small wrists! Second day on the wrist and super comfortable. Was debating between this and Hulk but I have a SubC date (LN) and will wait for Hulk prices to come back to reality once Rolex starts supplying ADs in a few months. Happy new year everyone !

Congrats!Enjoy
I have a 682 incoming tomorrow.6.5/6.75 wrist.Hope is not to big.
Old 1 January 2019, 04:56 AM   #52
rambo99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdtime View Post
Congrats!Enjoy
I have a 682 incoming tomorrow.6.5/6.75 wrist.Hope is not to big.
congratulations! please share your wrist shots after receiving it.
Old 1 January 2019, 05:40 PM   #53
eonflux
"TRF" Member

Compared with my DSSD and Subc, my 682 has a tiny bit more looseness, but not really noticeable or problematic.
eonflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2019, 06:00 PM   #54
rambo99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eonflux View Post
Compared with my DSSD and Subc, my 682 has a tiny bit more looseness, but not really noticeable or problematic.
do you mean not as tight as the subc when turning the bezel?
Old 1 January 2019, 06:13 PM   #55
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Thanks to everyone on this and main forum for their advise. Was able to score a good deal on the 682, and for me it’s a 42mm or nothing given my cursed small wrists! Second day on the wrist and super comfortable. Was debating between this and Hulk but I have a SubC date (LN) and will wait for Hulk prices to come back to reality once Rolex starts supplying ADs in a few months. Happy new year everyone !
Cool watch - think it might be more than a few months..lol, good luck with the hunt anyway..

instagram: max.parkin
Swiss Mad! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2019, 11:18 PM   #56
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Congratulations
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 09:28 AM   #57
holdtime
Banned

Lose bezel.maybe slide teflon plumbers tape.in between case and bezel.
Might not dry well but might work.
Old 3 January 2019, 02:55 AM   #58
holdtime
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo99 View Post
do you mean not as tight as the subc when turning the bezel?

Old 3 January 2019, 03:38 PM   #59
rambo99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdtime View Post

congratulations!
Old 3 January 2019, 10:21 PM   #60