The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 28 September 2018, 04:02 PM   #31
Dansta
"TRF" Member

Looks stunning.

I got my 104 12 years ago. I still constantly get compliments on it.

As others had said, get ready for strap shopping. Don’t do what I did and waste hundreds and hundreds on individual Original Panerai straps.

Fun fact - whilst at Goodwood this year I was speaking to a gentleman on the Singer stand, he was showing me his ‘Singer’ watch and noticed the PAM. He smiled and commented that it was a beautiful watch... he knew because he was the head of design at Panerai and had a hand in the design.

I was left speechless and always tell me fellow Paneristi!
Dansta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2018, 09:34 AM   #32
Jsmdv
Banned

Nice shots
Jsmdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2018, 06:41 PM   #33
Laszlo
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Date & No Date
It's been, what... three-weeks or so since I got my 104?

There's always a honeymoon phase with every new watch you put on the wrist. And after a few weeks, it starts losing it's appeal and you start thinking of the next great thing. That's how it's been with my Rolexes over then years.

Well... in this case, it's the complete opposite. This watch, without a doubt, is the most enamored watch I've ever owned. I cannot even explain how possessive it is and how much I love this watch on my wrist!!!

I cannot even express the joy it brings me when I glance at it, the entire 104 experience - how I feel about its presence on my wrist and its insanely attractive inverted cyclops. When I'm wearing my favorite outfit and how it drives home the entire holistic package. It's perfecto!

This watch is so haunting, I'm thinking of selling a Rolex to get another Panerai.

That says it all, IMHO.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2018, 09:34 PM   #34
Dansta
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
It's been, what... three-weeks or so since I got my 104?

There's always a honeymoon phase with every new watch you put on the wrist. And after a few weeks, it starts losing it's appeal and you start thinking of the next great thing. That's how it's been with my Rolexes over then years.

Well... in this case, it's the complete opposite. This watch, without a doubt, is the most enamored watch I've ever owned. I cannot even explain how possessive it is and how much I love this watch on my wrist!!!

I cannot even express the joy it brings me when I glance at it, the entire 104 experience - how I feel about its presence on my wrist and its insanely attractive inverted cyclops. When I'm wearing my favorite outfit and how it drives home the entire holistic package. It's perfecto!

This watch is so haunting, I'm thinking of selling a Rolex to get another Panerai.

That says it all, IMHO.
This is so refreshing to read.

I admit, in the 12 years I've owned my 104 I've often dreamed of other watches - recently I took a plunge on a TT Rolex and I absolutely love it but the Panerai is back on this week and I still love it just as much! Now it just rested every now and then.

Dansta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 07:39 AM   #35
Euge
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Watches
Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Euge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 12:10 PM   #36
boom!
Banned

Watch: Rolex
Fantastic taste, congrats.
boom! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2018, 09:00 AM   #37
BBL
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD-YG/DJ/Breitling
S

Just found your announcement.

This is a gorgeous photo: post #20.

Well earned and chosen. Looks perfect for you.

DM
BBL is offline   Reply With Quote