The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX


Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 October 2023, 12:44 AM   #4711
Turbo Racer
"TRF" Member
 
Turbo Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: USA
Watch: Rolex and Patek
Posts: 1,028
I’m looking at a couple of pieces. Is it me, or does the watch markets seem dead? Wondering if now is a good time to buy, or should I just wait?
Turbo Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2023, 01:17 AM   #4712
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member
 
GB-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: USA
Watch: addiction issues
Posts: 36,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Racer View Post
Iím looking at a couple of pieces. Is it me, or does the watch markets seem dead? Wondering if now is a good time to buy, or should I just wait?

All we know is that itís not the top! So itís a better time to buy than when prices have been going up for 24 straight months.

Buy when everyoneís selling and sell when everyone is buying.
__________________
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2023, 02:50 AM   #4713
Turbo Racer
"TRF" Member
 
Turbo Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: USA
Watch: Rolex and Patek
Posts: 1,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
All we know is that itís not the top! So itís a better time to buy than when prices have been going up for 24 straight months.

Buy when everyoneís selling and sell when everyone is buying.
Very true. Makes sense.
Turbo Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2023, 11:20 AM   #4714
Radbloke
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Racer View Post
Iím looking at a couple of pieces. Is it me, or does the watch markets seem dead? Wondering if now is a good time to buy, or should I just wait?
Depends how desperate you are, whether those pieces are still in production and how in demand they are. If it were my money I'd be waiting.
Radbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2023, 12:05 AM   #4715
1665fan
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: East coast
Posts: 6,565
Prices go up during winter time…..buy now….
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2023, 06:59 AM   #4716
Vince_76
"TRF" Member
 
Vince_76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1665fan View Post
Prices go up during winter timeÖ..buy nowÖ.
Nah. They said the same last year
Vince_76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2023, 11:18 AM   #4717
Radbloke
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1665fan View Post
Prices go up during winter timeÖ..buy nowÖ.
Haha sure. So the anchor that got thrown on the black dial daytonas this week, that's temporary? Guess I better stick a few on my mortgage then.
Radbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2023, 09:03 PM   #4718
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member
 
EEpro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Real Name: Brad
Location: Purdue
Watch: Daytona
Posts: 9,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radbloke View Post
Haha sure. So the anchor that got thrown on the black dial daytonas this week, that's temporary? Guess I better stick a few on my mortgage then.

There is a number where I'd stack Daytonas instead of gold coins. Wouldn't borrow to buy anything at current interest rates though.
__________________
Ω
2FA Active
EEpro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2023, 05:55 AM   #4719
banzrs311
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: CHI
Posts: 48
Seems like 116500lns keeps coming up for new for sale. Wonder when that will dry up. Still holding out for a cooling in prices cooler to 25k. One can hope at leastÖ.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
banzrs311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2023, 03:02 PM   #4720
Mathematoxic
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Asia
Posts: 419
It will go down much more. Just wait
Mathematoxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2023, 09:43 PM   #4721
digitalcrocodile
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Racer View Post
Iím looking at a couple of pieces. Is it me, or does the watch markets seem dead? Wondering if now is a good time to buy, or should I just wait?
Well, it depends. If you have so much money that purchasing that watch impacts your budget no more than would purchasing a candy bar, and if you wan't it badly, pull the trigger now. If, on the other hand, the purchase would significantly impact your budget, and if you really want it now, pull the trigger and trim back other discretionary spending. Otherwise, just wait.
digitalcrocodile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2023, 12:29 AM   #4722
Turbo Racer
"TRF" Member
 
Turbo Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: USA
Watch: Rolex and Patek
Posts: 1,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalcrocodile View Post
Well, it depends. If you have so much money that purchasing that watch impacts your budget no more than would purchasing a candy bar, and if you wan't it badly, pull the trigger now. If, on the other hand, the purchase would significantly impact your budget, and if you really want it now, pull the trigger and trim back other discretionary spending. Otherwise, just wait.
Haha. Good perspective. I have waited enough to know I can wait a bit longer. I still see modest drops occurring in pp and ap so I think I will wait a little while longer. My bias personally is that things will continue to fall a bit but Iíve sure been on the wrong end of that reality with respects to stocks this year so I figured Iíd ask people who know more than me about these things. Cheers!
Turbo Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2023, 01:20 AM   #4723
messikens
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: SFO
Posts: 987
Any new Moda quotes on the following:
BLNR
126610LV
26240ST (blue or green dial)?

Seems like AP continues to take hits and market is becoming a bit glue-ish?
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2023, 01:29 AM   #4724
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member
 
EEpro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Real Name: Brad
Location: Purdue
Watch: Daytona
Posts: 9,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by messikens View Post
Any new Moda quotes on the following:
BLNR
126610LV
26240ST (blue or green dial)?

Seems like AP continues to take hits and market is becoming a bit glue-ish?

LV BNIB is low $14s.
__________________
Ω
2FA Active
EEpro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2023, 02:08 AM   #4725
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member
 
Kliminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,348
There are some watch only white Daytonas in the mid 20s. Black in low 20s. I see a white one for 25 and has been sitting.

Wouldn't buy watch only personally for this reference tho..
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2023, 06:33 AM   #4726
soicanbefree
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NYC
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliminator View Post
There are some watch only white Daytonas in the mid 20s. Black in low 20s. I see a white one for 25 and has been sitting.

Wouldn't buy watch only personally for this reference tho..
100% super fakes are too good.
__________________
Modern: 116610LV / 114300 / AP 15202ST
Vintage: 1016 - Gilt Chapter Ring Underline + Exclamation Point / 16618 - Black / 1803 Orange Stella Dial
soicanbefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2023, 07:08 AM   #4727
messikens
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: SFO
Posts: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
LV BNIB is low $14s.

Thank you!

Hoping others have addl data points!

Right direction for sure
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2023, 07:33 AM   #4728
rushca01
"TRF" Member
 
rushca01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Indiana
Watch: GMT BLRO
Posts: 1,706
Can you even join the MODA group anymore?
rushca01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2023, 07:57 AM   #4729
dmash
"TRF" Member
 
dmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: USA <> BKK
Posts: 5,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Racer View Post
Haha. Good perspective. I have waited enough to know I can wait a bit longer. I still see modest drops occurring in pp and ap so I think I will wait a little while longer. My bias personally is that things will continue to fall a bit but Iíve sure been on the wrong end of that reality with respects to stocks this year so I figured Iíd ask people who know more than me about these things. Cheers!
Take time completely out of the equation. Simply put a number in your head that you're comfortable with, and when it hits that, pick it up. If it goes down more, who cares, if it goes back up, be happy.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2023, 07:58 AM   #4730
dmash
"TRF" Member
 
dmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: USA <> BKK
Posts: 5,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliminator View Post
There are some watch only white Daytonas in the mid 20s. Black in low 20s. I see a white one for 25 and has been sitting.

Wouldn't buy watch only personally for this reference tho..
and there were people SWEARING on this very forum that we'd never seen Daytonas in the teens again. It was laughable. Happy to see some sense of normalcy coming back into play.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2023, 07:59 AM   #4731
dmash
"TRF" Member
 
dmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: USA <> BKK
Posts: 5,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Racer View Post
Iím looking at a couple of pieces. Is it me, or does the watch markets seem dead? Wondering if now is a good time to buy, or should I just wait?
Watch market isn't dead, RESALE market is becoming dead. There's enough new fish to maintain MSRP for years to come in my opinion (strictly talking hot SS models from AP/Rolex/Patek). Some of those guys that were willing to pay MSRP might also bail though once they realize it's not really going to make them money when they walk out the store.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2023, 08:47 AM   #4732
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member
 
EEpro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Real Name: Brad
Location: Purdue
Watch: Daytona
Posts: 9,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Watch market isn't dead, RESALE market is becoming dead. There's enough new fish to maintain MSRP for years to come in my opinion (strictly talking hot SS models from AP/Rolex/Patek). Some of those guys that were willing to pay MSRP might also bail though once they realize it's not really going to make them money when they walk out the store.

That was always my theory as well. Even steel Rolex at MSRP is going to be a pass if backpack flippers can't get their sales tax back plus a grand or two.
__________________
Ω
2FA Active
EEpro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2023, 08:49 AM   #4733
Turbo Racer
"TRF" Member
 
Turbo Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: USA
Watch: Rolex and Patek
Posts: 1,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Take time completely out of the equation. Simply put a number in your head that you're comfortable with, and when it hits that, pick it up. If it goes down more, who cares, if it goes back up, be happy.
100%. I have done that in the past and itís something Iím going to do moving forward.

Iíve given up on getting anything from ad. That party train has left. I just bought a watch off moda. My first. Itís a sub. Itís supposed to arrive tomorrow. Wanted to test the waters and see how things work out with that whole thing. If it works out, I would consider getting more through them.
Turbo Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2023, 10:58 AM   #4734
Vince_76
"TRF" Member
 
Vince_76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
LV BNIB is low $14s.
Funny enough a mint fullset just went for $13.9k. Still falling
Vince_76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2023, 11:26 AM   #4735
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member
 
EEpro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Real Name: Brad
Location: Purdue
Watch: Daytona
Posts: 9,017
I was disappointed to see the new Ti YM42 asking around $42k ($14k MSRP). Relisted at $39k but still dumb. I'd like to buy one at $16k maybe $19k tops.
__________________
Ω
2FA Active
EEpro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2023, 12:16 PM   #4736
psm11
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Watch: AP 15500
Posts: 697
Iím still so confused why some greys are still listing models at prices that were market a year ago. Do they really think they will still be able to pull the wool over someoneís eyes?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
psm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2023, 12:53 PM   #4737
psm11
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Watch: AP 15500
Posts: 697
Lol sellers on moda are really getting cringe. A seller who sold a used 15400 boasted that it sold in 346 minutes. Lol really!?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
psm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2023, 05:44 AM   #4738
jr63
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2023
Location: ma
Posts: 8
So what does the collective wisdom say on a price for a Daytona John Meyer?
jr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2023, 06:55 AM   #4739
Olive Drab
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Watch: Timex Mickey Mouse
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Racer View Post
Iím looking at a couple of pieces. Is it me, or does the watch markets seem dead? Wondering if now is a good time to buy, or should I just wait?
Its been said
Attached Images
File Type: jpg watch market.JPG (51.1 KB, 268 views)
Olive Drab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2023, 10:51 AM   #4740
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member
 
EEpro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Real Name: Brad
Location: Purdue
Watch: Daytona
Posts: 9,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr63 View Post
So what does the collective wisdom say on a price for a Daytona John Meyer?

Where it's heading or where it's at? I've seen really good ones for $80k. Today I saw a stickered one for $71k which is almost low enough to make one nervous about the seller... but maybe that's where we're at.
__________________
Ω
2FA Active
EEpro is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Coronet

Takuya Watches

Bobs Watches

OCWatches

Asset Appeal

My Watch LLC

DavidSW Watches


*Banners Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright ©2004-2024, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.