The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 November 2017, 09:32 AM   #151
AndyS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangier11 View Post
Along these lines, anyone on here from Virginia? Did you know or remember that BEST Products once sold Rolex right along side with toasters and toys...
Yes, In Tidewater and I remember the Best store on Independence Blvd and I actually do recall Rolex being sold there. Right there next to the RCA vcr’s I believe. Of course that was 20 plus years ago if not longer. Wonder what that was all about.
AndyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2017, 11:38 AM   #152
Bill_H
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD4K
Dang, I was just about to jump on that Platona and then I saw it only had a 1 star review.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Screenshot_20171126-170922-03.jpeg (132.6 KB, 237 views)
Bill_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2017, 11:52 AM   #153
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecorsaire View Post
Quick question for those familiar with Platonas: Does every Platona have the frosted clasp or are newer ones polished like the majority of new Rolex? I tried on a Platona at Wempe's boutique in Frankfurt's airport and it had the frosted clasp. Just want to get an idea of the turnover for them at full price and whether that watch had come in recently or had been sitting there for a while.
What is a "frosted clasp?" This is how mine looks:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0546.jpg (136.9 KB, 233 views)
Old 27 November 2017, 11:56 AM   #154
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD, SD43, GMT2
Is it possible to unsubscribe from this thread?
Wcdhtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2017, 01:47 PM   #155
roaddog359
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bluesy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiboy View Post
What is a "frosted clasp?" This is how mine looks:
I think he means on the inside of the clasp where the rolex is written.
roaddog359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2017, 09:41 AM   #156
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Costco is a fine company, I know many food businesses that use them all the time. The watches used to come with their lifetime return guarantee but I think that changed to 3 months. I have no problem buying from them if it can be worked on under warranty by Rolex like with any TS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
Neil, I'd like to see some evidence to that claim. Maybe it's true in the UK as I can't attest to the Costco corporations policies across international borders. I due know that one Costco employee in Oregon fed me a line about a return of a kayak and wouldn't accept it for what ever reason. Later, in a different state at another Costco I was relaying the story and they said it was absolutely against corporate policy to refuse the return. They took it back without so much as a raised eyebrow about the return. Next time I see a Rolex at a Costco (I know there is one a few minutes from where I work which I'm considering buying for my wife's sixtieth birthday) I'll ask. Be careful believing what you hear. It could well be BS.

So I tested the return policy with them recently. My sister returned a £300 pearl bracelet she bought two years ago and has never worn. She was told the return period was 90 days. She then argued it had not been worn and after some pressure which I told her to apply due to this thread, the Costco guy finally decided to give her the refund as a goodwill gesture. He did not state it was under a lifetime return guarantee. If this had been used or worth a few thousand like a Rolex then I think you are taking a huge risk thinking they will accept it back. I certainly would not bank on it.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2017, 09:45 AM   #157
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wcdhtwn View Post
Is it possible to unsubscribe from this thread?
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2017, 09:56 AM   #158
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
So I tested the return policy with them recently. My sister returned a £300 pearl bracelet she bought two years ago and has never worn. She was told the return period was 90 days. She then argued it had not been worn and after some pressure which I told her to apply due to this thread, the Costco guy finally decided to give her the refund as a goodwill gesture. He did not state it was under a lifetime return guarantee. If this had been used or worth a few thousand like a Rolex then I think you are taking a huge risk thinking they will accept it back. I certainly would not bank on it.
I believe you but I'm not certain about the difference between the US and Britain in policy. Also as I've said, I've had employee ignore the policy. I'm pretty certain you can contact Costco Corporate and ask what applies.

Here again is the return policy on their corporate site. Publishing this equates to a contract I would tend to believe. It would be hard for a store manager to disagree with it. It sounds like he was being a dick.

https://customerservice.costco.com/a...tail/a_id/1191

Below is their Costumer Service information link.

https://customerservice.costco.com/a...il/c/10/a_id/9

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2017, 10:09 AM   #159
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
I believe you but I'm not certain about the difference between the US and Britain in policy. Also as I've said, I've had employee ignore the policy. I'm pretty certain you can contact Costco Corporate and ask what applies.

Here again is the return policy on their corporate site. Publishing this equates to a contract I would tend to believe. It would be hard for a store manager to disagree with it. It sounds like he was being a dick.

https://customerservice.costco.com/a...tail/a_id/1191
I know what you are saying Lee, but this just smacks of an insurer trying to weasel out of paying out. Life's too short so for me Costco are a hard pass on luxury watches.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2017, 10:10 AM   #160
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
I know what you are saying Lee, but this just smacks of an insurer trying to weasel out of paying out. Life's too short so for me Costco are a hard pass on luxury watches.
You'll notice I added the Customer Service contact information to the post as well. To me it sounds like you were dealing with a jerk.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2017, 10:22 AM   #161
Tangier11
Banned

Watch: ROLEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Yes, In Tidewater and I remember the Best store on Independence Blvd and I actually do recall Rolex being sold there. Right there next to the RCA vcr’s I believe. Of course that was 20 plus years ago if not longer. Wonder what that was all about.
Tangier11 is offline   Reply With Quote