The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 9 January 2018, 11:42 AM   #1
goodgulf
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Anybody here dealt with DELRAYWATCH?

I see quite a few offers to sell from this user, but a search failed to reveal any positive or negative reviews.
Have any of you done any deals with him/her/them? How did it go?
Thanks, George Franklin
goodgulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2018, 01:34 AM   #2
JZD
"TRF" Member

I was curious about these guys too. One of the owners, Federico, makes a lot of YouTube videos. Anyone have experience with Delray Watch or either of the principals?
JZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2018, 07:36 AM   #3
Canary2323
"TRF" Member

They seem to have a lot of watches on chromo24 but no solids reviews I could find .

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Canary2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 11:07 PM   #4
delraywatch
"TRF" Member

Me

Hi Gents!

John from DelrayWatch.com here. We have many reviews on Facebook and Google.

While we are on the forums, most of our business happens outside of the forums.

Feel free to reach direct with any questions or if needing references!

Thanks!

John
DelrayWatch.com
delraywatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2018, 03:49 AM   #5
Frankduncan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 16613
Fedricko talks watches. -- that's the owner he makes a ton of YouTube videos. I'd start there.
Frankduncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2018, 10:55 AM   #6
torifile
"TRF" Member

I just bought a SubC from them today. I’ll post about it here once I get it. So far, good communication and easy to work with.
torifile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2018, 12:54 PM   #7
torifile
"TRF" Member

Just an update. My 114060 arrived today. It took a little longer than hoped for it to get here but they can’t control UPS. I will say I’d have preferred overnight like nearly all trusted sellers/companies do rather than the 2 day they used. And they have this odd thing where they literally refuse to provide you with a tracking number. I asked repeatedly for mine especially after my package got inexplicably delayed in transit and kept getting the same answer - “our insurance won’t allow it”. I thought (and still think) that was odd.

To make up for it, Federico was amazingly responsive with my almost manical requests for information. And the watch is exactly as described. It was a good price (the best I’ve seen on a practically new SubC). They even sized it for me. I asked them to remove the number of link I knew I needed removed so I could wear it immediately. Aside from the shipping quirkiness, they were great to deal with. I’d definitely buy from them again.
Old 1 May 2018, 02:00 PM   #8
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Refusing to give a tracking number is not a business practice that I’d accept as a buyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2018, 08:04 PM   #9
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Refusing to give a tracking number is not a business practice that I’d accept as a buyer.

Same here.
Old 1 May 2018, 11:19 PM   #10
Urosfan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me now
Quote:

I agree you are the buyer and have the right to have that info, that would have pissed me off
Urosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2018, 01:53 AM   #11
MonBK
Banned

Quote:

This ^ and their sky high prices keeps me away from them.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2018, 04:35 PM   #12
torifile
"TRF" Member

I agree about the tracking number thing. It was very frustrating. I should send delray a link to this thread so they can see it really isn’t an acceptable practice. Like I said, their price was very fair on the 2 week old 114060 I purchased.
Old 7 May 2018, 03:10 PM   #13
interzonez
"TRF" Member

Federico of Delray Watches is now with WatchBox & Govberg I think. I have no experience regards prices and service. From watching product videos they are serious watch lovers.
interzonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 11:40 PM   #14
epc2
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV,Pam etc.
Quote:

+1, I contacted them once requesting info about a watch , they never replied.
epc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2018, 01:33 PM   #15
torifile
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by interzonez View Post
Federico of Delray Watches is now with WatchBox & Govberg I think. I have no experience regards prices and service. From watching product videos they are serious watch lovers.
Is this a new development? Because he was there when I bought my SubC about 3 weeks ago.
Old 12 May 2018, 02:22 PM   #16
NKflyer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile View Post
I agree about the tracking number thing. It was very frustrating. I should send delray a link to this thread so they can see it really isn’t an acceptable practice. Like I said, their price was very fair on the 2 week old 114060 I purchased.
Regarding this business with the tracking number... They were telling you the 100% truth when they said “our insurance won’t allow it”. Parcel Pro (probably the insurance company they use) does tell senders to never give out the tracking number. Seriously - it's in the guide/welcome kit that you receive when you sign up. Some sellers obviously disregard but strictly speaking, it is the rule.
NKflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2018, 06:05 AM   #17
Beauregard
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116719BLRO
Anyone have any recent experience with delraywatch?
Old 13 June 2018, 01:53 PM   #18
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko's
Quote:
Originally Posted by interzonez View Post
You have that backwards. He did work for Govberg and now works with Delray Watches.
toxicavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2018, 07:54 AM   #19
mlabib
"TRF" Member

I dealt with them recently. I had a terrible experience. Which was upsetting because I'm a fan of Fedirco's work on youtube. So I was looking to buy a 16000 Buckley dial dj. John tried to get me to commit to buying the watch before showing me any pictures. I think this was because he was getting the watch for a dealer he works with, and he didn't have the watch on hand. However, it is unreasonable to ask someone to commit to a purchase without showing them the item in question first. I insisted on being shown pictures. John told me he would get me the pictures. Then radio silence for one week. When I emailed him to follow up he told me that the dealer sold the watch to someone else. Whole experience was a total waste of my time and it was unprofessional to try to get me to buy the watch without seeing it and then not even have the common courtesy to notify me when the watch was sold to someone else. I will not be doing any business with them in the future. Buyer beware
mlabib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 03:40 AM   #20
delraywatch
"TRF" Member

Response

Hi Mina,

We handle many messages on the Rolex forum as we are a supporter and and a dealer and list many watches on here, I felt we we very attentive to your needs.

You reached out asking if we could obtain you a Buckley Dial 16000, which we could. Though after not supplying a phone number we could reach you, and exchanging over 15 emails, the watch had since sold with the associated dealer we work with, this is very common and why we typically like to communicate via phone, as watches move quickly.

Considering the watch was with another dealer, of course we mentioned that we could not obtain movement shots as the other dealer was not willing to open their watch for a maybe sale. We were more than willing to take photos for you prior to shipping once in our possession. The price point offered was incredibly attractive for the model, which is why the other dealer moved it so quickly.

I am very sorry to see that you have left negative marks here as the last time we spoke, I have found another watch for you as alternative and received no response.

Every month we handle dozens of custom-requests alone and this is the first time we have received any complaints- very sorry to hear this.

Kind regards,

John
Old 11 July 2018, 04:06 AM   #21
watchesandcars95
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Rolex Patek
Fredrico and Delraywatch are professionals to the absolute highest degree. Wouldn’t hesitate to deal with whatsoever.
watchesandcars95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 04:07 AM   #22
Mnicolini300
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610 LV
You won’t have a single issue ever dealing with Federico and his team of well qualified watch dealers. They are insanely knowledgeable and prompt to address anything you need. Buy with confidence
Mnicolini300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 04:43 AM   #23
X JBM X
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: dealer's choice
I have done and will continue to do plenty of business with Federico and John. They’re stand up guys and professionals.
Old 11 July 2018, 05:45 AM   #24
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlabib View Post
... I think this was because he was getting the watch for a dealer he works with, and he didn't have the watch on hand. However, it is unreasonable to ask someone to commit to a purchase without showing them the item in question first. I insisted on being shown pictures. John told me he would get me the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delraywatch View Post
... Considering the watch was with another dealer, of course we mentioned that we could not obtain movement shots as the other dealer was not willing to open their watch for a maybe sale.

These situations are why we have a great rule for sellers here on TRF - namely that the watch must be in the seller’s possession.

I know this was not a TRF deal but now that it has become a record here it further points up the problems when a seller doesn’t have the watch in hand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 11 July 2018, 06:03 AM   #25
delraywatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
These situations are why we have a great rule for sellers here on TRF - namely that the watch must be in the seller’s possession.

I know this was not a TRF deal but now that it has become a record here it further points up the problems when a seller doesn’t have the watch in hand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The watch was not advertised in anyway as being in our possession. This was a custom request from a potential client to help him source a watch. Just to clarify.
Old 11 July 2018, 07:08 AM   #26
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delraywatch View Post
The watch was not advertised in anyway as being in our possession. This was a custom request from a potential client to help him source a watch. Just to clarify.

Yes we agree it was a custom request. I am sure you might feel “no good deed goes unpunished” by the comments made by the prospective buyer.

It is unfortunate that the other dealer (the one you were working with) was reluctant to take pictures of the movement. But this is why I always suggest buying watches that are in possession of the seller.

The only way the WTB business works fairly is when there is a 100% return policy to protect the buyer. Was that offered to the potential client who was concerned about authenticity?

Old 11 July 2018, 07:13 AM   #27
delraywatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes we agree it was a custom request. I am sure you might feel “no good deed goes unpunished” by the comments made by the prospective buyer.

It is unfortunate that the other dealer (the one you were working with) was reluctant to take pictures of the movement. But this is why I always suggest buying watches that are in possession of the seller.

The only way the WTB business works fairly is when there is a 100% return policy to protect the buyer. Was that offered to the potential client who was concerned about authenticity?

Thank you for your comments. Of course, if the watch was not authentic in ANY WAY we would accept a return no questions asked. We also inspect every watch we source, we do not drop ship.

We stand behind every watch we sell. Reputations take a long time to forge but can be ruined in an instant.
Old 11 July 2018, 07:18 AM   #28
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae

Federico is top notch. I’d buy from him any day of the week!

Regarding tracking numbers... Parcel Pro does stipulate that you should not give the recipient the tracking number. Clearly most people don’t follow this but I’m sure they’re not lying if they said it’s against the rules of their insurance policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11 July 2018, 07:56 AM   #29
thegolferguy
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 218206, Vacheron
Frederico is nothing but the best. Many of friends and myself have done deals with their team and its always a smooth transactions.
thegolferguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 08:03 AM   #30
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
I'm honestly shocked anyone would have an issue dealing with John and Federico. They're top notch guys.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote