The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 17 April 2018, 12:01 PM   #1
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

H. Moser

I was thinking about picking up an Endeavour Centre Seconds. I’m wondering if anyone has any thoughts or, hopefully, some experience with owning a Moser.

I know about the hit Mosers typically take in the secondary market, but I plan on holding for the long term.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2018, 12:17 PM   #2
rfatm3f
"TRF" Member

Great watches with beautiful movements.
rfatm3f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2018, 12:41 PM   #3
kunlun
"TRF" Member

Post pics when you get it, plz
kunlun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2018, 12:47 PM   #4
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Love how few you see. Get a material discount.
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2018, 04:46 PM   #5
rolehex
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Yes that watch is absolutely stunning.
rolehex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 01:06 AM   #6
DrMattK
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Next One
No experience but love them! I’ve been thinking of the perpetual calendar myself. Please send us some pictures when you get it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DrMattK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 01:35 AM   #7
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMattK View Post
No experience but love them! I’ve been thinking of the perpetual calendar myself. Please send us some pictures when you get it!

Still thinking about it. But I really do respect the brand, from their watches to the way the company is run. It will also fill a slight hole in my tool-heavy collection.

It's hard to find reviews/first-hand knowledge from people having a Moser for over a couple of years. Basically, I'm looking for a birth-year watch for my son (to be born this October). So this will be held onto for a while and passed down to him when he gets older (so longevity is needed).

It is great to know that there are alot of people out there that respect the brand though.

Old 18 April 2018, 02:32 AM   #8
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Moser makes very nice, well made and high quality, watches. They are one of the few watchmakers that actually made the hairspring in house, as well as it's own case and movement. Their fume dials are also very well regarded.

I own one before but regretfully end up selling it as I can't find wrist time for it. Still miss it from time to time.

Here's a pic :

Old 18 April 2018, 03:08 AM   #9
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
Moser makes very nice, well made and high quality, watches. They are one of the few watchmakers that actually made the hairspring in house, as well as it's own case and movement. Their fume dials are also very well regarded.

I own one before but regretfully end up selling it as I can't find wrist time for it. Still miss it from time to time.
Looks amazing (the dial is really mesmerizing). No issues during ownership?

Btw, just checked out your instagram. Your collection is astounding. Especially that Duometre.

Old 18 April 2018, 03:23 AM   #10
rfatm3f
"TRF" Member

If you pm me, I’ll aend you the ig handle of a few long term owners who would most likely be happy to chat.
rfatm3f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 03:37 AM   #11
Jocke

Watch: A dozen of Rolex's
I love my Endeavour Small Seconds I've got in November. There is so many rights with this watch.

Here is how it looks when I got it.

Click here to find out

What is best a custom Rolex or a Rolex that is stuck in custom?

Buy a professional camera and you´re a professional
photographer, buy a flute and you own a flute.
Jocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 04:23 AM   #12
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Appreciate the responses guys! I'm glad there are some happy owners out there, gives me the confidence to go through with it in October.

Any idea on the discount I should ask for? I have a fairly good relationship with this AD and have purchased my Nomos Weltzeit from them in the past.

Old 18 April 2018, 04:31 AM   #13
DrMattK
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
Still thinking about it. But I really do respect the brand, from their watches to the way the company is run. It will also fill a slight hole in my tool-heavy collection.

It's hard to find reviews/first-hand knowledge from people having a Moser for over a couple of years. Basically, I'm looking for a birth-year watch for my son (to be born this October). So this will be held onto for a while and passed down to him when he gets older (so longevity is needed).

It is great to know that there are alot of people out there that respect the brand though.

I had the same idea for a birth watch for my daughter, unfortunately my wife talked me out of it and I really wish I had done it! For the fact you are planning to do it with such a technically brilliant and beautiful watch rather than the typical (as I was planning to) makes it even more special! Even better to have the warranty in his name!

I wish you all the best and great idea!

Old 18 April 2018, 04:39 AM   #14
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I had the same idea for a birth watch for my daughter, unfortunately my wife talked me out of it and I really wish I had done it! For the fact you are planning to do it with such a technically brilliant and beautiful watch rather than the typical (as I was planning to) makes it even more special! Even better to have the warranty in his name!

I wish you all the best and great idea!

I was originally thinking of going with a Rolex (GMT or sub), because of the value retention and the timeless style. But the more I thought about it, the more I would rather something a bit unique.

Having the warranty in his name is an awesome idea! I also want to have it dated the day he is born as well. Hopefully it all works out.

Much appreciated!

Old 18 April 2018, 05:11 AM   #15
DrMattK
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I was originally thinking of going with a Rolex (GMT or sub), because of the value retention and the timeless style. But the more I thought about it, the more I would rather something a bit unique.

Having the warranty in his name is an awesome idea! I also want to have it dated the day he is born as well. Hopefully it all works out.

Much appreciated!

If I had a boy, a gmt or sub would have been the choice! (Seems we were pretty close on this) If you can get a BLNR or LV (as they are original issues) that would be awesome also the new everose TT could be a possibility? But the moser is really special!

If you are thinking about a Rolex, it may be worth popping into a few AD’s (if you don’t have a relationship with one) and stating what it’s for. It seems the SS models do turn up even when you are quoted 12 or more months (I made a comment I would like a BLNR and got a text the next day! It’s also made me a happy and loyal customer so always speak to them before buying anything)

I’m thinking of getting a chocolate everose Daytona and back dating the warranty card for my daughter now!

Old 18 April 2018, 05:31 AM   #16
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If I had a boy, a gmt or sub would have been the choice! (Seems we were pretty close on this) If you can get a BLNR or LV (as they are original issues) that would be awesome also the new everose TT could be a possibility? But the moser is really special!

If you are thinking about a Rolex, it may be worth popping into a few AD’s (if you don’t have a relationship with one) and stating what it’s for. It seems the SS models do turn up even when you are quoted 12 or more months (I made a comment I would like a BLNR and got a text the next day! It’s also made me a happy and loyal customer so always speak to them before buying anything)

I’m thinking of getting a chocolate everose Daytona and back dating the warranty card for my daughter now!

I have the BLNR and LVc already, which would have been my top choices for this endeavor, haha. So I was thinking about the TT CHNR gmt. I'm pretty high up on the CHNR list as well, so I don't think I'd have an issue obtaining one by October. So, at this point I think its between the Moser and the CHNR. But I'm pretty heavily leaning toward the Moser at the moment.

The everose Daytona would be perfect man! It'll be a special moment to pass it on to your daughter when she's older. Something you and her will remember forever.

Old 18 April 2018, 07:20 AM   #17
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Very comfy watch too

ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 09:14 AM   #18
anastasevp
"TRF" Member

H. Moser

That’s the choice of Haute Horologerie, not the normal Rolex watches.... nice watch and taste!!!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
anastasevp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 09:55 AM   #19
sgwatch
"TRF" Member

You are right, they don't hold value well, but they are beautiful watches. The case, dial and hands are really nice. The only reason I sold was to trim the collection a little. Sometimes I wish I still had it. If you are keeping it, then value retention doesn't really matter. "People" really like them, but for some reason they have not sold well.
sgwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 10:49 AM   #20
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Somewhat interested in these as well. Would love to hear what sort of discounts are available.
Marciano490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 10:55 AM   #21
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciano490 View Post
Would love to hear what sort of discounts are available.
Same. Does anyone have any idea on the typical discount available?

Old 18 April 2018, 10:58 AM   #22
rolehex

Endeavour Perpetual Calendar Purity Cosmic Green is my favorite.
rolehex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 11:14 AM   #23
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgwatch View Post
You are right, they don't hold value well, but they are beautiful watches. The case, dial and hands are really nice. The only reason I sold was to trim the collection a little. Sometimes I wish I still had it. If you are keeping it, then value retention doesn't really matter. "People" really like them, but for some reason they have not sold well.
Yes, the value retention is less of an issue for me for this purchase. I’ve tried on a couple before, and they certainly feel every bit as well made as a Lange or Breguet.

My opinion on why they don’t sell as well is their lack of exposure to the general public. The typical watch buyer isn’t as well versed as the people on this forum. When you have $20k to spend on a watch, and horology isn’t a passion for you, you are not going to go for an unknown company. You are going to go with the usual suspects that have name recognition (Rolex, Patek, etc). It’s tough to break into that territory.

Old 18 April 2018, 11:43 AM   #24
PJ S
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciano490 View Post
Somewhat interested in these as well. Would love to hear what sort of discounts are available.
Quote:
Same. Does anyone have any idea on the typical discount available?
Can be quite deep.

https://www.chrono24.com/hmosercie/m...-id7867949.htm
https://www.chrono24.com/hmosercie/m...-id8038035.htm
https://www.chrono24.com/hmosercie/m...-id4118833.htm – 11mm thick, not 16!
https://www.chrono24.com/hmosercie/e...-id6796768.htm
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 06:58 PM   #25
Cru Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
I love my Endeavour Small Seconds I've got in November. There is so many rights with this watch.

Click here to find out

Such a beauty....
Cru Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 10:52 PM   #26
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke View Post

Click here to find out
Just saw this. Fantastic pics and a great write-up. Thanks for sharing.

Old 18 April 2018, 11:46 PM   #27
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Very nice dress pieces.

AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2018, 12:08 AM   #28
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:
Looks amazing (the dial is really mesmerizing). No issues during ownership?

Btw, just checked out your instagram. Your collection is astounding. Especially that Duometre.
No, no issues at all. Just that I don't have many occasions wearing formal attire and when I do need to put on a dress watch, the Moser often looses out to my 5205R Hence I sold it. If it sings to you and you intend to keep it, I highly recommend a Moser. Have to add it's good value as well for the workmanship.

Quote:
Thanks!
Old 19 April 2018, 07:28 AM   #29
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
No, no issues at all. Just that I don't have many occasions wearing formal attire and when I do need to put on a dress watch, the Moser often looses out to my 5205R Hence I sold it. If it sings to you and you intend to keep it, I highly recommend a Moser. Have to add it's good value as well for the workmanship.
Appreciate the feedback! Good to know about the workmanship and lack of issues. Did you buy from an AD? If so, do you mind sharing what discount I should aim for?

Thanks.

Old 19 April 2018, 05:57 PM   #30
jopek
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek, IWC , Rolex
They are absolutely stunning watches and I would have bought one had the 5227r not come on the market. Moser is next on the list......

Patek quality at half price.
Buy it and don't look back.
jopek is offline   Reply With Quote