The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Pens & Writing Instruments

Old 12 August 2016, 03:42 PM   #1
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Omega,Seiko
Incoming! Omas Paragon maroon rose gold

Here's my latest Omas. I was lucky to find one lightly used on eBay. The seller claimed it was inked twice and that looks about right. I've seen this pen several times in pictures while searching around for various Paragons but never really gave it a real solid look. I just didn't stumble on pictures that showed the richness of the maroon until I accidentally found an auction for this pen. I said WOW I need this pen as soon as I saw the pics! It's a very nice medium maroon color in person with some light marbling streaks in the cotton resin. I had no idea these pens had these sparkling streaks. You can't catch it in pictures for the most part. The rose gold sealed the deal! It fits perfect with the maroon! As far as writing goes, the larger Paragon medium nib writes great! Standard issue Omas writing quality. Very nice with a wet line and smooth but not too smooth. I had an issue with the facets being about 1/2 turn off from cap to body. I was not able to get the piston out on this one. Go figure. I need to make a wrench it looks like out of nylon. I was able to twist the pen body slightly though so I have the facets lined up with a light twist on the cap and piston. It seems to be fine but one day I want to pull the piston and officially set the facets. Overall an amazing pen! I couldn't see parting with it honestly! Here's some pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (93.0 KB, 81 views)
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Formulansx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2016, 03:45 PM   #2
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Here it is uncapped. This pen really looks great with the plated metal section. It adds a ton of variation to the maroon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (72.8 KB, 79 views)
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Old 13 August 2016, 04:04 PM   #3
vintage69
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1969 p date
WOW! Beautiful.
vintage69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2016, 07:06 PM   #4
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Here's a close up of the cap band. It's a really nice writer too. I burned through a couple pages tonight trying to talk myself out of yet another Omas. Didn't work. These nibs have just the right amount of feedback. Not scratchy but a little gritty. Just enough. I'm looking at a broad nib. My medium Milord needs to be heat set so it's running like a broad right now. I think I can live with a broad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (49.6 KB, 69 views)
Old 13 August 2016, 09:36 PM   #5
Rogdogg
"TRF" Member

You have it bad man but I love to see it!
Old 15 August 2016, 04:59 PM   #6
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogdogg View Post
You have it bad man but I love to see it!

Yeah you're right lol. I just put an offer in on another paragon. A Ludovico Einaudi signature edition that I'm 99% sure will get accepted this time. The only models left I'm really interested in are an early 80's paragon, an arco celluloid, and a new style black and gold paragon. There's an end in sight
Old 16 August 2016, 09:27 AM   #7
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YM Deep Space
That is a FRIGGIN' gorgeous pen!

Just what I needed.... another one to go on my A list!
Oris TT1 Pro Diver Regulator 43MM
Bisquitlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2016, 09:41 AM   #8
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisquitlips View Post
That is a FRIGGIN' gorgeous pen!

Just what I needed.... another one to go on my A list!
A wise bisquit once said;

"Think like a maniac with unlimited funds! It's an investment in the future!"

Old 16 August 2016, 10:28 AM   #9
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YM Deep Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulansx View Post
A wise bisquit once said;

"Think like a maniac with unlimited funds! It's an investment in the future!"

Absolutely!!! I must agree!

Thank you my friend!
Oris TT1 Pro Diver Regulator 43MM
Bisquitlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2016, 08:25 PM   #10
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

I put in for a bottle of shimmering Diamine purple passion the other day to match this pen. I think it will be a good fit with the gold metallic in the ink following the rose gold hardware and purple matching, well, the purple I've really been enjoying the Diamine shimmering ink series. Even more than the J Herbin anniversary inks. The Diamine inks just seem to match my pens a little better. I've had no complaints so far but night sky just doesn't fit the maroon color. It's perfect for my ruthenium plated Paragon Noir and Paragon Ludovico Einaudi but doesn't fly so much with a striking pen like a maroon Paragon in rose gold