The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Pens & Writing Instruments

Old 19 September 2016, 03:18 PM   #1
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Omega,Seiko
Incoming! Visconti Wall Street standard edition

Last incoming for a while......I think. Besides a gold Lamy LX in a few weeks. I had been eyeing this Visconti Wall Street on eBay for a few months. I made an offer when I first saw the auction that was not accepted. The seller asked for a little more but I held out. The cap was not aligned to the body so it would need some work. I was mostly interested in the #6 14kt gold nib to swap with the palladium nib on my Visconti Millionaire. I like the 14kt nibs much better than the palladium and the 14kt nib in this size are out of production as far as I know. The seller didn't get a bid so he relisted for slightly less but not at my price point. I waited another few weeks. The third auction was a standard auction without a buy it now option or a make an offer feature. I placed a bid at the last second and won the auction for much less than my original offer. Score! A member here on TRF in another thread had mentioned using a little heat via near boiling water to loosen the shellac to adjust the insert in the cap that controls the alignment on these Wall Streets. Looking down the cap I saw some weird material that looked like epoxy at the bottom of the cap. I did not know why the cap was misaligned to start with so I was concerned and assumed the adhesive was not the standard shellac on this particular pen. I ended up using a 29/64" drill bit to gently, by hand, drill the insert to clock the facets to match. The whole process took 5min to remove enough material to clock the facets. I turned the bit a few times and checked the fit. Turned it again and checked fit. Very very little material was removed. I then polished the pen body and tarnished silver trim with some 3m final polish designed for color sanding of automotive paint. This is what I polished my LE Wall Street with as well. The pen looks like new after a small amount of work and the facets are perfectly aligned! I'm debating on flipping the pen with a palladium nib. It was already inked so I think I'll write with it for a few weeks first. It really is a nice looking pen in person so I might just keep it. Another thing to note. The power filler Limited Edition Wall Street cap is larger than the cartridge converter standard edition so if you need to do this on an LE, you'll need a slightly larger drill bit to grind the collar. The design is the same but the diameter is different.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (120.3 KB, 121 views)
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Formulansx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2016, 03:19 PM   #2
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Clip and silver band
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (32.8 KB, 119 views)
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Old 19 September 2016, 03:20 PM   #3
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

14kt gold nib. Nice and springy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (34.4 KB, 117 views)
Old 19 September 2016, 03:26 PM   #4
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Cap and nib
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (95.4 KB, 117 views)
Old 19 September 2016, 03:28 PM   #5
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

The cap and body alignment tight as purchased.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (46.5 KB, 116 views)
Old 20 September 2016, 12:26 PM   #6
Rafael M
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II 21670
The Wall Street Visconti is a good looking pen. Good luck with it. Enjoy!
It reminds me of some of the 1930's Parker Vacumatics, with it's *visualated body.

*a word often used by pen manufacturers to describe a barrel that displays the ink level.
( I think it's a word like ..... electronical ....... or conversate ........ha!)

Rafael
Rafael M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2016, 05:48 PM   #7
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael M View Post
The Wall Street Visconti is a good looking pen. Good luck with it. Enjoy!
It reminds me of some of the 1930's Parker Vacumatics, with it's *visualated body.

*a word often used by pen manufacturers to describe a barrel that displays the ink level.
( I think it's a word like ..... electronical ....... or conversate ........ha!)

Rafael
It must have made more sense back in the 30's-40's I would love to add a green vacumatic to my collection. I kind of have a thing for stacked celluloid. On the standard Wall Street, it's very difficult to see the ink level without a flashlight to backlight the body. Maybe if you held the pen up to the sun it would work. The LE has a sleeved insert for the vac filler so you can't see much of anything. A quick shake of the pen will give you a good idea how much ink is left with the power filler version. Not unlike checking the ink level in a piston filler Omas.
Old 21 September 2016, 10:28 AM   #8
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YM Deep Space
Just a gorgeous pen in every regard. Many kudos!!

I would have a collection of them if the clip would be more cooperative with my shirt pockets. Other than that they are world class.
Oris TT1 Pro Diver Regulator 43MM
Bisquitlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2016, 07:22 PM   #9
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisquitlips View Post
Just a gorgeous pen in every regard. Many kudos!!

I would have a collection of them if the clip would be more cooperative with my shirt pockets. Other than that they are world class.

I've found the clip on my Visconti Millenium Arc to be exactly what you're looking for. Unfortunately is a completely different design ethos than the Wall Street and most Visconti's. Not for everyone. Best to stick to Omas to be sure BTW it's been a while since any of us picked up a new Omas...........
Old 25 September 2016, 10:06 PM   #10
Rebel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Sub 75090
Very nice.
Old 25 September 2016, 10:47 PM   #11
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I like it. Might have to get that one for myself.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2016, 04:43 PM   #12
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I like it. Might have to get that one for myself.

It's a nice pen. This one writes a little drier despite the same nib and feed as my LE. The 14kt #6 Visconti nibs are really nice. Get em while you can. The #5 is good too but you don't get the line variation of the larger 14kt nib.
Old 27 September 2016, 05:28 PM   #13
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
Very nice

iPhone/Tapatalk

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote