The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 29 April 2009, 06:53 AM   #1
rkb
"TRF" Member

Watch: EXPORER II
Seiko SKX009 vs SKX175

What is the difference if any between these to dive watches?
Old 30 April 2009, 12:57 AM   #2
LuvMyRolex

Watch: Sea-Dweller
Hi Russell
Good question. There's a great deal of confusion on this one. Some say that the dials are a slightly different colour, the SKX900 has a bluish tint whereas the SKX175 is dark grey - but I've seen pics of both with a bluish dial. Probably more helpfully, I've read that the SKX175 is aimed at the U.S. market and is therefore labelled on the dial and caseback with the country of origin. The SKX009 is aimed at other markets which don't require such labelling and therefore don't carry a country of origin on the caseback (the country of origin on the SKX009 dial is at 6 o'clock but too small to be read without a loupe). Finally, case numbers seem to be slightly different: the SKX009 is listed as 7S26-0020 whereas the SKX175 is listed as 7S26-0029. Apparently the SKX175 only comes with a bracelet, while the SKX009 comes with bracelet and strap options. Otherwise, as you know, they both have the same movement, bezel, dimensions, etc.
Hope this helps.
LuvMyRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2009, 05:49 AM   #3
rkb
"TRF" Member

Thanks Andrew! That is great information, I love these classic looking Seiko watches as much as my Rolexes. Also, I hope to get a Asian market only Seiko Prospex (orange sumo).
Old 30 April 2009, 06:23 PM   #4
LuvMyRolex

Watch: Sea-Dweller
You're welcome, Russell. These Seiko divers are addictive, aren't they? I have the SKX007K and a 'compass type', the SKZ211K1 (not strictly a diver, perhaps). The lume on both is amazing and I love them just as much as my Sea-Dweller.I have my eye on a black monster and the shrouded divers are way cool. Enjoy!
LuvMyRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2009, 08:20 PM   #5
rkb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyRolex View Post
You're welcome, Russell. These Seiko divers are addictive, aren't they? I have the SKX007K and a 'compass type', the SKZ211K1 (not strictly a diver, perhaps). The lume on both is amazing and I love them just as much as my Sea-Dweller.I have my eye on a black monster and the shrouded divers are way cool. Enjoy!
They are very addictive! I just ordered a SKX009 to go with my SKX173(similar to your 007k). Those Monsters are cool looking, post a picture when you get it! In a couple months I hope to get a the orange dialed SBDC005 from a dealer in Japan (SeiyaJapan). I really like the Japanese market Seiko watches, I wish Seiko would export some of these to the US.